PDA

View Full Version : MS Download KB951748 stops Zonealarm

bekisman
09-Jul-08, 11:16
Anyone else get caught out with the latest Microsoft updates today? the KB951748 caused my Zonealam to stop connection to the web - All I did was restore to yesterday and when the updates were ready for download/install simply unclicked the KB951748 download - seems Zonealarm are in urgent talks with MS to get it sorted. Plenty of chatter on the web about it and ideas how to sort:

Windows update KB951748 should not be installed. It will 'break' your Internet connection. If you have it already installed, uninstalling it fixes the problem. How to fix it? Go to Start> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs. Make sure to put the tick mark in the "Show updates" box in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Scroll down to the Windows Updates and look for (KB951748), highlight it and press remove. You will need to immediately do a reboot and when your machine has restarted your Internet connection will function again!

blueivy
10-Jul-08, 11:06
Here is the information (http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html) about it from Zonealarm.

johndh
28-Jul-08, 14:59
I had the same problem. Downloaded an update from Zone Alarm, which works fine.