PDA

View Full Version : Fishing !!! Looking for fellow anglers advice?

shaz77
09-Jul-08, 10:40
Hi can anyone tell me the best places to take my son fishing he has a permit for wick river but not sure where the best place 2 catch a fish any help would be grateful. thanks

LENSMAN
09-Jul-08, 22:22
Go in and speak to Hugo Ross, he'll put you right.
Used to have a map of the river for sale in the shop.

rambo1978
09-Jul-08, 22:32
I would suggest Longberry (beside Trinkie) or down at Clyth, heading south stop at Clyth cemetary and follow the wall down the hill, loads of mackerel to be had :)

shaz77
10-Jul-08, 12:01
Thankyou to all pm just hope my son can catch his first fish thanks again :D

del 123
10-Jul-08, 20:41
Hi can anyone tell me the best places to take my son fishing he has a permit for wick river but not sure where the best place 2 catch a fish any help would be grateful. thanks

depends if you like sea fishing? watch urselfs going down the rocks,can be slippery.there are plenty lochs.but depends is it for fly or bait fishing?

Doolally
10-Jul-08, 22:00
If you're looking for any kind of first fish, you can go more or less anywhere up the river to catch a trout. You may even get a salmon but probably best to aim for a trout first. Easy access if you go down to Sibster or up at Watten.

If you're not bothered what kind of fish or the size, go for a smallish hook and stick a worm on it.

The river is fairly popular at the places mentioned and there is sure to be someone there willing to give some good advice or help.

The lochs are also good but if you already have a permit for Wick, you may as well give it a whirl.