PDA

View Full Version : BridgeEnd Dental cuts

JamesMcVean
09-Jul-08, 09:57
A while back I left the bridgeend dental practice after they tried to introduce a monthly charge for my daughter...at the time I was paying soemthing like £16 per month for me and my wife that is over £360 a year to be registered and get a hygenist and check up now and then...the new charge would have taken our annual payments to over £500!!!!This doesnt include our twins as their teeth were not an issue back then lol...That was the straw that broke the camels back as far as I was concerned...for you still had to pay a hefty price for any treatment too!!!

Now I am hearing that they are paying off their staff...after losing over 500clients...including trainee's that are not going to get to finish their training...
The term cutting their noses off to spite their faces springs to mind...or was it just sheer greed as we are a captive audience with very little alternative but to cough up when the prices were being hiked!!

We ended up being registered with a dentist in wick...thankfully...

telfordstar
09-Jul-08, 13:24
I reckon you are pretty much right saying it was probably pure greed to help fund the dentist big fancy car and big house!!!!!!!!!!!

Moby
09-Jul-08, 13:40
Completely agree with you - Utter Greed!!!

We were in the same situation as yourself and we voted with our feet. I was very sad to have to do that because the lady dentist our family saw was absolutely fantastic and a credit to her profession. I left the practice on point of principle and do not regret that for one minute.

I questioned the management of Bridgend at the time as to the new improved services for children (quoted in the blanket letter) that was incurring the costs only to be advised that it was some fancy new crown and bridge service ...........what complete waffle and pants!!!!

I do have sympathy for the staff who are still training - the selfishness of this man is unbelievable. Fast buck, captive audience - without a doubt. Short sighted - definately.

Valerie Campbell
09-Jul-08, 15:33
James, I think the charge for simply being registered is an absolute disgrace, but the whole thing is, they do have a captive audience as you pointed out. I think it's great people are changing. There is no need for greed and people in Caithness are making their feelings known. Good on you, guys!!

camor
09-Jul-08, 19:58
This is the first I have heard about the cuts at the dentist. Unbelievable!! All they had to do was drop the charges for children and I am sure that many people would not have left. I feel sorry for the staff.

SEB
09-Jul-08, 20:34
We too left Bridgend for the same reason, and have no regrets in doing so. The only drawback being the fact that we now have to travel outwith Caithness to our dental appointments, but would much rather spend some money on petrol to get there and back than line the pockets of the greedy!!! Maybe now they will start to see the error of their ways?!!!

balto
10-Jul-08, 15:08
i for one would never agreee to pay their prices all they did was take advantage of the lack of dental provision in caithness at the time, sad they are paying of but it would serve them right if they went under, sheer greed