PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Homebakers

attidude9464
08-Jul-08, 22:54
I have recently finished treatment for cancer and would like to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support as a thank you for their valued and dedicated treatment I received. Please will you help me. I am organising a CHARITY BAKE - CAKE & CANDY FOR CANCER on 17th July - 18th July 2008

CALLING ALL HOMEBAKERS

Please help me raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support

Will you bake for just 1 hour and allow the items to be sold at
THE BIGGEST HOME BAKING STALL IN CAITHNESS
at
Caithness Agricultural Show, Scrabster Farm, Thurso

Please PM me if you are willing to help me or contact my mum, Sheila on 01847821374 to register your support. Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
Baking can be collected or delivered to Langwell, Sibmister Road, Murkle, By Thurso

sweetpea
08-Jul-08, 23:57
I'm not much of a baker but I can do non-cook, one pot stuff with maltesers and mashmallows and crunchies and stuff if you think it will sell....

Venture
09-Jul-08, 00:05
I have recently finished treatment for cancer and would like to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support as a thank you for their valued and dedicated treatment I received. Please will you help me. I am organising a CHARITY BAKE - CAKE & CANDY FOR CANCER on 17th July - 18th July 2008

CALLING ALL HOMEBAKERS

Please help me raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support

Will you bake for just 1 hour and allow the items to be sold at
THE BIGGEST HOME BAKING STALL IN CAITHNESS
at
Caithness Agricultural Show, Scrabster Farm, Thurso

Please PM me if you are willing to help me or contact my mum, Sheila on 01847821374 to register your support. Thank you. Your help is very much appreciated.
Baking can be collected or delivered to Langwell, Sibmister Road, Murkle, By Thurso

I'd like to contribute something too. Why don't you organise somewhere in Wick where people could leave baking, say the night before the Show, and then you could arrange to collect it. Good Luck in raising money and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Solus
09-Jul-08, 00:11
Good idea, I will look after it, leave it at my house the night before :roll:

http://www.pwnersunited.net/boards/images/smilies/eating.gif fraid not, temptation would be to much,

attidude9464
09-Jul-08, 09:18
Thank you sweetpea and venture for your kindness. I will try to arrange a drop off point in Wick and will get back to you. Thanks again its much appreciated and its for a great cause.

attidude9464
09-Jul-08, 20:56
Hi Everyone

Thank you to those people who have kindly offered to bake for me. For the people from Wick that are baking, the baking can be delivered to Riversdale Bed and Breakfast, George Street, Wick by 12noon on Friday 18th July 2008 and I will arrange to have it picked up from there. Many Thanks

armanisgirl
09-Jul-08, 22:13
I'm not much of a baker but I can do non-cook, one pot stuff with maltesers and mashmallows and crunchies and stuff if you think it will sell....

mmmmmmmmm yummmmm. Sweetpea.....could u send me the recipes? Pleeeeeeeese? Sounds scrumptious! And one I would use for the next school fete/gala/fun day down here.

good luck with the sale, and happy baking to all involved; just don't eat too much before the collection of end product! Awww, I can see lots of wee kids (and big ones lol) licking the bowl clean; I loved doing that as a nipper! Brings back a lot of memories. I might be converted into making puddings & cakes now! (I'm quite a good cook, just haven't made many cakes until now :()

attidude9464
13-Jul-08, 19:47
I know there are great bakers out there. Would you consider baking to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. Thanks again to those who have already offered their help.
Cheers

Liz
13-Jul-08, 22:51
Glad you are finished your treatment. Can't manage to bake for you but will give you a donation instead.

Frey
14-Jul-08, 10:43
Would be delighted to bake a few things...I have just spoken to Sheila and have arranged to drop cakes off @ Sibmister on Thurs afternoon. Good luck.

attidude9464
14-Jul-08, 11:34
Thank you Liz and Frey for your generosity. Hopefully I will raise a good amount for Macmillan Cancer Support. I could never repay the cost of my treatment but would like to raise as much as possible. Thanks again

Liz
14-Jul-08, 12:40
You are very welcome and it is good of you to want to help them.

Will I pop the donation into the B&B in Wick for you to collect?

attidude9464
14-Jul-08, 18:12
Hi Liz

Yes that would be great if you could. Thanks again

Liz
14-Jul-08, 18:21
Okay no problem.

Good luck!