PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Campbell lives on

Andrew
08-Dec-05, 13:19
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4500562.stm

What does everyone think of Gordon being fined etc.. as far as i can see the only thing he did wrong was shout. he was only stating a fact????

Saveman
08-Dec-05, 13:30
That bloke cracks me up!
Maybe it was the fact he was shouting that was the "breach of the peace," not so much what he was saying, but how he was saying it....

Anyone else reminded of a Faulty Towers episode?

:D

AR
08-Dec-05, 14:38

First thing i thought of when i read about it the other day.
We give him piles ofabuse when he comes in to my work asking for us to vote for him.He must take some abuse on his travels. He can be funny as well as annoying.Cant be any worse than Tony Blair!
I dare say wot he said was racist, so he should be fined.Even though loads of people think and say things like that but not to the people they are offending.

Sporran
08-Dec-05, 16:52
That bloke cracks me up!
Maybe it was the fact he was shouting that was the "breach of the peace," not so much what he was saying, but how he was saying it....

I immediately thought of that Fawlty Towers episode too, when I first read about Gordon Campbell's faux pas, lol! I didn't know about it till I read the front page of Caithness.org, a few minutes ago.

I'll bet Mr Campbell is wishing he could eat his words now. He should have pleaded temporary insanity, and told the court he'd been suffering from Basil Fawlty syndrome at the time, lol!

motopitcrew
08-Dec-05, 19:25
the bloke is a nutter and should be locked up for his own good

scorrie
08-Dec-05, 19:29
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4500562.stm

What does everyone think of Gordon being fined etc.. as far as i can see the only thing he did wrong was shout. he was only stating a fact????

It was not a good idea to mention the war in Basil Fawlty's time and it is even less wise to do so in these PC obsessed days. It was one thing for Gordon to deny having shouted but, amazingly he also denied, being there!! Perhaps he meant he wasn't all there.

I don't know who to feel most sorry for, the Capercaillie himself or the almost 1000 people who voted for him at the last election, when the manifesto seemed to consist mostly of enthusing about bagpipe playing!!

I think we need at least one less, rather than any more, bags of wind spouting noise around the constituency.

sweetheart
08-Dec-05, 19:34
He's a free soul, and it reminds me of my freedom as well, a very
treasured reminder indeed.

scorrie
09-Dec-05, 12:34
He's a free soul, and it reminds me of my freedom as well, a very
treasured reminder indeed.

There are many "free souls" within this world. Sadly, however, many of them think that this gives them the right to behave outwith the rules that the rest of society operate within.

I have often heard it said that there is a very thin line between genius and madness and it seems a very British thing to embrace people who are clearly closer to the latter, and euphemistically label them as "eccentric", particularly when they are otherwise well educated and erudite. Oh, of course, being wealthy usually helps get you into the "Loveable Eccentric" club.

stevie080
09-Dec-05, 16:15
From what I remember didnt he deny saying it and even deny being there on that day .