PDA

View Full Version : What would you say....

tigger2u
08-Jul-08, 00:52
Ok guys step up and show how brave you are now. It's the old problem of do I be truthful, lie or gloss around it when you get asked one of the the questions we never want to hear...Does my bum look big in this ? :confused

What do you do or say next?

Ladies give us some hints eh lol

Me:- Sorry but i lie and gloss around it by saying some thing like nooooo but it doesnt quite suit you lol [lol] luckly i havent been asked that one

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-08, 01:04
When being asked that sort of question ,it seems someone is fishing for compliments.
I always open with "Now you have come to mention it "
It always goes downhill from there.lol

Lord Flasheart
08-Jul-08, 01:15
*Male Genital Protection Broadcast Warning Tannoy* .. On

DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY .. ITS A TRAP .. DO NOT ANSWER HONESTLY .. ITS A TRAP .. PUB NOW !! PUB NOW !! .. PUB N-O-W !!

*Male Genital Protection Broadcast Warning Tannoy* .. Off

Remember the above phrase, imprint it in your subconcious so it will broadcast at the appropriate time. And under no circumstances say something witty like "No but they make your thighs look m-a-s-s-i-v-e", or celibacy will be your new best friend.

I refer to that dry spell as my Sahara .. it took weeks to cross.

joxville
08-Jul-08, 02:05
Been there many times and will still give the same honest answer. I'm not going to lie just to make her feel good-thats what chocolate is for. Mind you, if she ate less chocolate....[lol]

Lord Flasheart
08-Jul-08, 03:31
Been there many times and will still give the same honest answer. I'm not going to lie just to make her feel good-thats what chocolate is for. Mind you, if she ate less chocolate....[lol]

Ive got to ask, what EXACTLY did you say in reply ??

(BTW, Your new avatar is driving me nuts, its strangely hypnotic)

tigger2u
08-Jul-08, 12:57
It looks like a few are voting to be totally honest, yet no comments. This makes me think that most of them are the ladies but come on ladies. Have you any idea what it is like for us when you get that glare [evil] when we do the honest thing and from that moment on we need to be at least 4 bus lenghts of a head start.

Like LF my early warning systems kick in at those moments and my body screams "get outta here quickkkkkkk" I have no desire to be a eunuch :eek:

wifie
08-Jul-08, 13:37
OK I will jump in here for the ladies. If you lie to us in the first instance in the shop and we buy the said item you are given a false sense of "phew I got away with it". We move on - there is a night out said item is put on and in different light and mirror of the home environment (yep shop mirrors are desgined to lie too :eek:) we see that bum (or whatever) does look big in it. Oh no boys do you not think a much bigger kicking will ensue? Up to you chaps - try usin yer noggins! ;)

lazytown
08-Jul-08, 14:10
I would tell you that your bum looked big in anything if it is going to save me a few pounds (£):lol:

pat
08-Jul-08, 14:17
if it is a good friend - will tell the truth, they know me
if it is an acquaintance and not sure of the ground - will say I dont like the shape/colour/hangs wrong anything other than say they have a big derriere
total stranger - tell the truth whatever it may be.

Thumper
08-Jul-08, 16:20
I would tell the truth,and I would expect the same from whoever I had asked(and no i wouldnt ask just hoping for compliments) There is nothing worse than buying something that looks fine in the shop but then when you put it on at home it looks terrible,and usually by then you have had it too long to return it.Guys we wont eat you alive for telling the truth....just be careful how you word it ;) x

rockchick
08-Jul-08, 21:26
I've been in many a shop, and many a changing room, where a woman is trying on a garment that, no matter how attractive she is, just simply doesn't suit her. It is always a challenge...do you say something? Do you not, and let herself wander out thinking she looks just great in that??? The thing is, if women dressed to their figure, they look terrific! stunning even! So why let them walk out the door in something that is less than what they could be?

Looby2K7
08-Jul-08, 23:10
Hell yeah, i could camp with my 5 kids out in that.

trix
09-Jul-08, 00:58

maybe if ye telt a few fibs she widna hev eit 'e chocolate - then she wid hev a littler ass ;)

Bobinovich
09-Jul-08, 13:16
Guys we wont eat you alive for telling the truth....just be careful how you word it

Knocks ball back in Thumpers court with "OK, tell us how we can word it carefully without any chance of 'THE LOOK'" :Razz

Thumper
09-Jul-08, 16:03
Knocks ball back in Thumpers court with "OK, tell us how we can word it carefully without any chance of 'THE LOOK'"

Well Bob,thats a big problem,cos you guys always have foot in mouth disease ;) but I would prefer to be told "well no Hun,its not the nicest outfit you have how about putting on the lovely black dress (or whatever) instead" than to be told "hell yes it makes your ass look like the back end of a bus" :roll: Oh! and another pointer for you guys...when we ask "what should I wear?" dont reply with "whatever you are comfy in" it doesnt help and drives us crazy :lol: x

Anne x
09-Jul-08, 16:13
Good answers Thumper

Males are bad for on answering the question "What will I wear tonight " with one eye on Television is "anything " you look very nice in any of it or a office night out for his work is it casual or dressing up answer whatever grrr

and shopping with them and the replies !! well thats another thread [lol]

armanisgirl
09-Jul-08, 16:21
My man loves my bum whatever it is clad in, so couldn't get anunbiased answer from him anyway! He did once tell me my bum looked huge in a pair of tracky bottoms - which were bought slightly larger for comfort and lounging around house in. Following the comment, they went straight in the bin!

I also would prefer an honest answer, even if it hurt. There could be nothing worse than going toa do in what you think is a gorgeous outfit (an is, but on someone else!) and everyone else is sniggering at you behind their glass of wine or whatever. That is more of an insult than you men being honest. If you cared about us and our feelings, you would spare us that public humility. And also remember - you men will also get slagged off for us wearing the outfit - "how could he let her go out in that? He MUST know she looks like a beached whale/has an ass like a parcel shelf!" The way we dress reflects on your character too! :Razz

teenybash
09-Jul-08, 16:22
Maybe a grading system is worth thinking about working from the neck down.......Something like this.
Each area marked 1 to 10.......Neckline, Bust, Waist, Stomach, Bum and length.
Mark each area individually add up the score and then judge for yourself.

;)

bobandag16
09-Jul-08, 17:08
Maybe a grading system is worth thinking about working from the neck down.......Something like this.
Each area marked 1 to 10.......Neckline, Bust, Waist, Stomach, Bum and length.
Mark each area individually add up the score and then judge for yourself.

;)
next question please

EDDIE
09-Jul-08, 17:16
Ok guys step up and show how brave you are now. It's the old problem of do I be truthful, lie or gloss around it when you get asked one of the the questions we never want to hear...Does my bum look big in this ? :confused

What do you do or say next?

Ladies give us some hints eh lol

Me:- Sorry but i lie and gloss around it by saying some thing like nooooo but it doesnt quite suit you lol [lol] luckly i havent been asked that one

An honest anwser would be sometimes your better half will ask you one of many of these silly questions were it really is catch 22 were no matter what u say its not the right thing she wants to hear then u have to put up with her for the rest of the day

wifie
09-Jul-08, 17:22
Har har Thumper you really do have a very special insight into the male psyche don't you? I think you should run classes for the poor unfortunates!
Hey Anne I have soooooo been there and if it is footie on the said telly well we can just forget it can't we? ;)

Rheghead
09-Jul-08, 17:36
I voted other with a comment to the effect that the bum looks gorgeous and so squeezable.:)

jings00
09-Jul-08, 17:39
be diplomatic,
yes, that looks good on you, i like the other one better though.........sorta thing

Lord Flasheart
09-Jul-08, 19:05
Loving the fact that the female Orgers seem to want the men to be honest but then add things like "but be careful how you word it" or "I would prefer to be told .. ", basically you dont REALLY want us to be honest do you ??, you just want us to say what you want to hear !!

This is why I avoid the point altogether, any man who knows ANYTHING about women will realise that even women dont know what they want so how can we possibly be expected to.

A conversation I had once .. "Does this make me look a bit frumpy ??" .. "Actually yes it does I have never liked that on you" .. "Thats nice isnt it, I go to all this effort and you say I look frumpy" .. "I never said you look frumpy, YOU asked if it made you look frumpy and I agreed" .. "Well its the same thing isnt it ??" .. "Well you must have thought it made you look frumpy if you asked me if it did ??" .. "No I was just looking for an opinion, YOU said it made me look frumpy" .. "Well why dont you wear that black outfit as it makes you look REALLY slinky (boy did it !!)" .. "Are you sure or do you REALLY think it makes me look frumpy ??" .. "You know what just wear what you want ok ??" .. "Oh so now you dont care what I look like, I got to all this trouble ... " .. now the rest I dont remember as I had gone to my happy place and all I could hear was the waves gently lapping against a Caribbean beach.

Now women will probably read that and think I was out of line and men will read it and think the women involved was a well, a bit nuts.

Hence why the alarm starts blaring in my head and I bug out on a 180 degree course from those conversations.

WE CANT WIN GUYS .. THE BEST YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS A DRAW.

Thumper
09-Jul-08, 19:44
Now now Lord Flash,we do really want the truth,just maybe not in a smacked between the eyes way that SOME guys do it ;).No woman wants to go out wearing something they are unsure about,only to be told by somebody else that it looks terrible!Then you really are in trouble for letting us go out wearing it in the first place! Now the best way to go about answering a woman when they ask this question is,1) put brain in gear,2)Make sure brain is in gear,3)Make sure foot is not in mouth before opening it, 4) try using some tact (use the dictionary to check up on what tact is if unsure) Now if you follow these simple guidelines not only will you get brownie points for not letting your girl go out looking like the iceberg that sunk The Titanic you will also be "hero worshipped" for actually taking an interest in what we wear :) x

Lord Flasheart
09-Jul-08, 21:05
Now now Lord Flash,we do really want the truth,just maybe not in a smacked between the eyes way that SOME guys do it ;).No woman wants to go out wearing something they are unsure about,only to be told by somebody else that it looks terrible!Then you really are in trouble for letting us go out wearing it in the first place! Now the best way to go about answering a woman when they ask this question is,1) put brain in gear,2)Make sure brain is in gear,3)Make sure foot is not in mouth before opening it, 4) try using some tact (use the dictionary to check up on what tact is if unsure) Now if you follow these simple guidelines not only will you get brownie points for not letting your girl go out looking like the iceberg that sunk The Titanic you will also be "hero worshipped" for actually taking an interest in what we wear :) x

Proves what I said earlier, women want honesty but "Ooooh not that honest", take a tip guys as I am now changing "THE BEST YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS A DRAW" to "YOU CANT WIN", After answering a question honestly (check the poll results again) AND then suggesting an outfit that did make the (then) arm candy look amazing I am still wrong. As for "putting brain in gear" it doesnt need to be if we werent being asked loaded questions !!, why ask me if she looked frumpy (it must have occured to her as she asked it) if she didnt want an answer on the subject ??, and apparently women want honest answers .. erm ..

I have spent years trying to work out the female brain and I am nowhere near to understanding a fraction of it. We are just so different. Apparently there are multiple types of honesty, who knew right ?? I am a bloke. If you ask me a question I will answer. If I go shopping I go, get what I want and come back, I dont spend an entire afternoon wandering around only to go back and get what I saw first. I dont care if the throw cushion is slightly squint. Candles arent "decorative" they are for providing light in the event of a power cut. I dont know what colour "mauve" is, I care even less. I dont know what the difference between "sleeping together" and a "relationship" is, personally I thought they were the same otherwise you are just "mates". I have no idea what "Coriander" is I just like the taste. I know that Emmerdale isnt real. And to be honest I dont care what my other half wears as long as SHE is happy and it looks like its going to be on the floor two minutes after we get back. I deal in straightforward answers whereas women dont, any man who has been led into the "loaded question" trap and lived to regret it will know EXACTLY what I mean.

Do you actually have this problem Thumps ??, I bet you just ask "Does my tail feather look fluffy enough ??" .. *Lord Flash shakes his head as visions of Playboy waitresses jump into his head* .. Brrrrr.

As for tact you should know by now never to mention that word in relation to me as I cant even FIND it in the dictionary !!, I dont need it though as Tact is for people who cant .. ;) .. I can.

So I am going to help the ladies out, if you are going round to see your boyfriend or husband and cant decide what to wear let me give you an insight to what the man would want :

Wear Lingerie. Bring Beer.

There you go !!

helenwyler
09-Jul-08, 21:16
Personally I think the question shouldn't need asking. Don't we women already know the answer when we look in the mirror?

No amount of tactful words on the man's part will make us feel any better if we don't feel we (and our posteriors) look good in an outfit. Don't ask your man imo, ask another woman or your daughter. They'll tell it to you straight.

And you know if your man likes your outfit without needing to ask. Just look at his face. ;)

Thumper
09-Jul-08, 21:18
Ahh!Flash,of course I didnt mean you.....I have known you long enough to know that tact and you do not go hand in hand(well not most of the time anyway lol) As for my tail feather.....well it always looks fluffy enough,just look at my pics if you dont believe me [lol]
Oh nearly forgot to say.....girls there is another way of not having to worry about whether your bum looks big,just wear a lowcut top....they never get to look at the bum then ;)

Alice in Blunderland
09-Jul-08, 21:31
Proves what I said earlier, women want honesty but "Ooooh not that honest", take a tip guys as I am now changing "THE BEST YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS A DRAW" to "YOU CANT WIN", After answering a question honestly (check the poll results again) AND then suggesting an outfit that did make the (then) arm candy look amazing I am still wrong. As for "putting brain in gear" it doesnt need to be if we werent being asked loaded questions !!, why ask me if she looked frumpy (it must have occured to her as she asked it) if she didnt want an answer on the subject ??, and apparently women want honest answers .. erm ..

I have spent years trying to work out the female brain and I am nowhere near to understanding a fraction of it. We are just so different. Apparently there are multiple types of honesty, who knew right ?? I am a bloke. If you ask me a question I will answer. If I go shopping I go, get what I want and come back, I dont spend an entire afternoon wandering around only to go back and get what I saw first. I dont care if the throw cushion is slightly squint. Candles arent "decorative" they are for providing light in the event of a power cut. I dont know what colour "mauve" is, I care even less. I dont know what the difference between "sleeping together" and a "relationship" is, personally I thought they were the same otherwise you are just "mates". I have no idea what "Coriander" is I just like the taste. I know that Emmerdale isnt real. And to be honest I dont care what my other half wears as long as SHE is happy and it looks like its going to be on the floor two minutes after we get back. I deal in straightforward answers whereas women dont, any man who has been led into the "loaded question" trap and lived to regret it will know EXACTLY what I mean.

Do you actually have this problem Thumps ??, I bet you just ask "Does my tail feather look fluffy enough ??" .. *Lord Flash shakes his head as visions of Playboy waitresses jump into his head* .. Brrrrr.

As for tact you should know by now never to mention that word in relation to me as I cant even FIND it in the dictionary !!, I dont need it though as Tact is for people who cant .. ;) .. I can.

So I am going to help the ladies out, if you are going round to see your boyfriend or husband and cant decide what to wear let me give you an insight to what the man would want :

Wear Lingerie. Bring Beer.

There you go !!

OMG someone come and pick me up of the floor Im rolling around with laughter.....:lol:..tears running down my cheek.

Lord Flash you certainly DO have it right when it comes to women ............

You will nearly always get it wrong and just when you think you have nearly got it sussed yip your right we go and change the rules .....

Its called keeping you on your toes...

Makes for an interesting relationship....

I voted for honesty and I will be the first to admit if the other half were to be just a tad too brutal after bearing his lovely children and gaining a few extra pounds which I cant seem to shift then .........hes on the sofa...;)

Now thats an honest answer.

And thanks for the tip Ive filled the fridge with beer and dug out the lacy lingerie wonder if I will get served in the local pub dresed like this?

wifie
09-Jul-08, 21:57
Man alive Lord F - you have indeed studied this in detail before admitting defeat! ;) HAR HAR HAR

Lord Flasheart
09-Jul-08, 22:53
Ahh!Flash,of course I didnt mean you.....I have known you long enough to know that tact and you do not go hand in hand(well not most of the time anyway lol) As for my tail feather.....well it always looks fluffy enough,just look at my pics if you dont believe me
Oh nearly forgot to say.....girls there is another way of not having to worry about whether your bum looks big,just wear a lowcut top....they never get to look at the bum then

Ah the low cut top .. *sigh*, It seems to have a strangely magnetic ability on the mark one male eyeball. Together with the thong the ultimate example of "less is more", personally I hope women every where will take heed of Thumps idea and go for the low cut t-shirt option. It is summer after all. Go on you know you want to .. ;)

And I think I speak for all men when I say we will still "observe your derrieres" girls, remember we are straightforward creatures and like kids (cue the jokes ...) we look at ALL the sweets in the sweetshop window.

And Alice you may not get served in the pub in lacy undies, But I really want to see a woman try !!

joxville
09-Jul-08, 23:27
dug out the lacy lingerie wonder if I will get served in the local pub dresed like this?

You will in my pub.[lol]

Why do women feel the need to ask? Is it because they feel inferior to us men,(who are happy in our bodies), and just need a bit of reassurance that we're still attracted to them? As I said in an earlier post, I've always been an honest person and when asked the question I've answered truthfully, although I must admit I've never dated a fat bird.

I've never asked the question when trying new trousers. (Anyway, I'm perfect)

tigger2u
09-Jul-08, 23:44
Har har Thumper you really do have a very special insight into the male psyche don't you? I think you should run classes for the poor unfortunates!
Hey Anne I have soooooo been there and if it is footie on the said telly well we can just forget it can't we? ;)

The problem with the classes Wifie is that we would have to sit the class again after 10 mins as no doubt all the answers have changed [lol]

sassylass
10-Jul-08, 02:04
This helps to explain things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BxckAMaTDc

wifie
10-Jul-08, 02:11
The problem with the classes Wifie is that we would have to sit the class again after 10 mins as no doubt all the answers have changed [lol]

Aye no soft options wi us like the exam system in this country - no easy peasy multiple choice will be offered! [evil]

Lord Flasheart
10-Jul-08, 18:17
Aye no soft options wi us like the exam system in this country - no easy peasy multiple choice will be offered! [evil]

Teacher is going to be strict is she ??

Where do I sign up ??

Valerie Campbell
10-Jul-08, 18:24
I've been in many a shop, and many a changing room, where a woman is trying on a garment that, no matter how attractive she is, just simply doesn't suit her. It is always a challenge...do you say something? Do you not, and let herself wander out thinking she looks just great in that??? The thing is, if women dressed to their figure, they look terrific! stunning even!

You are spot on here. If it was a friend or relative I think I would say something, probably in a long winded way albeit but they would get the gist. A stranger? Mmm, not too sure I would say anything.

tigger2u
10-Jul-08, 20:14

Teacher is going to be strict is she ??

Where do I sign up ??

I think Lord Flashheart wants to go into wifies naughty corner. He's been a baddddddddddddddd boy [evil]
[lol]

wifie
10-Jul-08, 22:14
Something tells me the naughty corner would have to be the largest part of the classroom! [evil]

domino
11-Jul-08, 22:49
Been married for a long, long time and have always tried to be honest. If I made a negatve judgement on something I tried to justify it as well as I could. it never gave me any problems and I am still married!!!

George Brims
12-Jul-08, 00:38
I would tell you that your bum looked big in anything if it is going to save me a few pounds (£):lol:
No, no. Tell her it fits fine, but you don't like the colour.