PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Man U

cullbucket
08-Dec-05, 11:43
So Man Utd never made it to the second stage.
I used to have no real strong feelings about Man U, certainly didnt hate them as some did, always kept an eye on them as they had our old manager and gordie strachan and jim leighton and at times in the 90's they were playing some sublime, entertaining free flowing football.
Now that the Glazers and their business plan to exploit the Man U fans arrive, I must admit I am very happy to see the wheels coming off the Man U juggernaut, first Vodafone up sticks, Keane 'leaves' and then knocked out of the European Cup. Nice to see a punter exploiting, corporate bully boy getting a slap in the chops..... hope it goes from bad to worse....
I just feel sorry for the fans.....

Saveman
08-Dec-05, 12:41
The wheels aren't coming off, its just that they're in the middle of rebuilding the team.
Honest!

Dons_Lad
08-Dec-05, 14:31
Exactly ^, he's building a team again as most of the current players are like 29, 30 etc, and will be retiring in a few years. Take Celtic for example, same thing happened with them in Europe this season as their team was becoming old and predictable, but look at McGeady, McManus, Boruc, Maloney, Beattie etc.

Man Utd will be good again in a few years time, they have promising youngsters and will no doubt buy experienced players again as well to assist the development of youngsters in the squad too. It's just a little bump in the road and they'll be fine again.

Mr Sensitive
09-Dec-05, 13:24
So Man Utd never made it to the second stage.
I used to have no real strong feelings about Man U, certainly didnt hate them as some did, always kept an eye on them as they had our old manager and gordie strachan and jim leighton and at times in the 90's they were playing some sublime, entertaining free flowing football.
Now that the Glazers and their business plan to exploit the Man U fans arrive, I must admit I am very happy to see the wheels coming off the Man U juggernaut, first Vodafone up sticks, Keane 'leaves' and then knocked out of the European Cup. Nice to see a punter exploiting, corporate bully boy getting a slap in the chops..... hope it goes from bad to worse....
I just feel sorry for the fans.....
Urrrggghhh Mr Bucket, 'at's a bit off. No need to be nasty mate. A few years in North London made me a born again gooner but even I wanted 'em through. So we could beat 'em ourselves ha ha ha.

robglysen
10-Dec-05, 20:40
Aye, tis' the end of an era (Fergies!), in england we used to moan that the SPL was just Rangers and Celtic, but now all englands got is Chelsea <HUGE GAP> everyone else, i'd take the old firm over that any day.

DrSzin
10-Dec-05, 21:39
The Old Firm? Whassat this year then? The Bhoys and the Jambos? Surely you can't be referring to the heroes of 10-in-a-row -- as in 'languishing in 5th'?

I didn't like the sour comments about Man U either. Friendly banter is one thing but that was a bit much. You'd never catch me doing that -- unless we're talking about TBW of course. Besides, we fans of the European Champions like to have a decent match with the horned ones. I still remember how boring it was in the 70s and 80s when we whupped them on a regular basis. I take your point about the Blues though.