PDA

View Full Version : tesco direct

Dadie
07-Jul-08, 14:04
Has anyone else had problems with getting their orders from tesco direct?
We ordered a playhouse on the 20th of June and it was supposed to be here last Thursday, I have just chased up the order and it hasnt left the depot in Scotland yet and wouldnt leave until tommorow at the earliest so I should get it on Thursday this week but as I am in Shetland it may take longer....when I last looked out the window I was sure Watten was still on the mainland:D

whats the bets on it arriving this week?

Thumper
07-Jul-08, 14:09
I ordered a dishwasher from them,it took over 6 weeks to arrive!They are great for online food shopping but if you want anything else,and want it quickly I would shop around elsewhere x

Dadie
07-Jul-08, 14:12
the only saving grace is the weather has been bad so Lauren wouldnt have been outside to play with it!

Thumper
07-Jul-08, 14:16
Its a shame on poor Lauren having to wait,I would definately be on the phone reminding them that they had a delivery date and should be honour bound to stick to it x

emszxr
07-Jul-08, 15:20
i had problems getting a delivery from them, after 2 weeks of them talking absolute rubbish i demanded a full refund.
if you are still going to wait to get your delivery but it didnt come on day they said it would demand a refund of the delivery charge, your well within your rights to do so.

binbob
07-Jul-08, 16:34
never used tesco direct ,but i can not fault argos in any way.they have alwaysdone what they say and when they say.they are also cheaper than tesco direct.
hope u get the item soon though...

stekar
07-Jul-08, 16:43
I've used Tesco Direct on four occassions with no problem at all. Each order arrived when it was due to.

I'm nearer to Shetland than you aswell, lol!

Buttercup
07-Jul-08, 19:40
I can only praise their service ~ item ordered Sunday pm ready for collection Tuesday am.:D

Lord Flasheart
07-Jul-08, 20:44
I know of someone who took three months to get a refund on a cancelled order, he was told that despite paying cash the refund would be by cheque and take up to six weeks. It took almost thirteen. The reason given for a non cash refund was because the "goods were not in the store" at the time (it was a piece of furniture), when asked why they were willing to take cash for goods they did not physically have but not refund for the same no sensible answer was given.

I would avoid them at all costs to be honest.

jings00
07-Jul-08, 22:29
yes, it was a pure nightmare, (see recommendations)
ended up getting the item from amazon, and it was delivered just a few days later.

plumber
08-Jul-08, 08:20
Ordered something from Amazon last Thursday morning, it arrived lunch time Friday. thats what you call service :)

joxville
08-Jul-08, 10:14
I've used Tesco Direct a few times and never had any problem with their delivery times. Also used Amazon a few times too and had one order delivered within 17 hours.

jay
08-Jul-08, 13:14
I was told they didn't deliver to shetland!