PDA

View Full Version : What you using?

hotrod4
07-Jul-08, 05:37
As a keen music maker on the PC was just wondering what everyone else uses to make toons.
I personally use Beatcraft for my beats(or some rock loops) whack it through Reaper and use Guitar rig3 for my guitar and bass and Antares for my Vocals.Then to edit I use sony Sounforge or Cooledit pro to clean it up. Works for me!
Just wonder what others use? particularly for Drums as Beatcraft can soung quite artificial until I compress and noise gate etc it.

Jeid
07-Jul-08, 18:51
Interesting thread.

I had a look at a few pieces of drum software. Addictive drums, Fruity Loops and then found that EZDrummer was rather good. A tad pricey though.

A Link to see how it looks and sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1mlwUIKO0

As for recording, we're now using a Motu 8 Pre with Cubase SX3. It's grand. I was using Pro Tools LE, but it just ate system resources something rotten. Cubase is just as good and doesn't eat my system resources.

hotrod4
15-Jul-08, 06:39
Interesting thread.

I had a look at a few pieces of drum software. Addictive drums, Fruity Loops and then found that EZDrummer was rather good. A tad pricey though.

A Link to see how it looks and sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE1mlwUIKO0

As for recording, we're now using a Motu 8 Pre with Cubase SX3. It's grand. I was using Pro Tools LE, but it just ate system resources something rotten. Cubase is just as good and doesn't eat my system resources.

Have you ever tried Reaper? It certainly is not resource hungry as before that I used mixcraft which ate everything!
Reaper is a great prog jam packed with features and it actually finds all 700 of my VST plug ins!!!! Would recommend it to nayone for its ease of use.
Thanks for the link, great prog!

Deemac
15-Jul-08, 12:56
Using Protools LE V7.4cs5 with a digi002 surface firewired to a Carillion PC (2.8Ghz, 1Gb ram - now over 3 years old). Seems to work just fine for me. Master to Sony Soundforge V8 and CD Architect.

Cazaa
15-Jul-08, 13:57
I'm still using Diphone Studio for sonic morphing and Modalys for creating virtual instruments for use in LogicPro (Macbook Pro). During performance, I also use Spat for real-time sound spatialization.
Recently started using OpenMusic for programming. Was using jMax before that. Quite similar to VisualBasic on the PC but it's primarily for Computer-Assisted music programming.
Sibelius also come in handy at home and out of the studio but I rarely have the time to even scratch at the surface of what it is capable. The arrange function is pretty clever though and speeds up the process of arranging considerably.
I've got Reason 3 installed and it's quite fun to use although, again, I haven't even dug into what is possible in this one either.
I use the OpenSource Audacity for quickly tweaking anything (although Logic could do this, Audacity seems to do it quicker and offers more input/output file options)