PDA

View Full Version : Inxs-Switch

hotrod4
07-Jul-08, 05:33
Just got my hands on this album by Inxs with the new singer and must admit I was pleasantly surprised. The sound is unmistakably Inxs, but its got very catchy tunes. I had an open mind before listening but must admit it is a fantastic album. I would advise anyone to listen to it, as it really pretty good :)

Sporran
07-Jul-08, 06:33
I bought that album shortly after it came out, after being sufficiently impressed with music samples from it. I think it's a great album, and I do think J D Fortune is a worthy replacement for Michael Hutchence vocally. Visually, though, he lacks the seductive swagger and charm that was so much a part of the late Mr Hutchence. Nevertheless, I do look forward to more INXS albums with JD at the helm! :cool:

K dragon
07-Jul-08, 22:06
nothing will EVER come close to the original line up. period

Dreamweaver
08-Jul-08, 16:46
I have to agree - Hutchence is irreplaceable. No-one will ever come close.

moncur
08-Jul-08, 19:05
Not gonna disagree with the previous post about Hutchence being irreplaceable. However, I think it takes a lot to stand in a legendary frontmans former spot.

I hate it when people whinge when a new frontman is introduced to a band. Fans should be greatful that the remainder of the band want to continue writing music, instead of calling it a day after a frontman leaves or dies.

some examples:
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Sabbath
Audioslave and Velvet Revolver (well kinda, you know what I mean!)

K dragon
09-Jul-08, 11:17
nothing wrong with a new frontman but when you cash in and turn your band into the subject of reality tv

does anybody remeber

ROCKSTAR INXS?

inxs were way above and beyond subjecting themselves to a talent tv show.

hotrod4
19-Jul-08, 18:12
nothing wrong with a new frontman but when you cash in and turn your band into the subject of reality tv

does anybody remeber

ROCKSTAR INXS?

inxs were way above and beyond subjecting themselves to a talent tv show.

I was addicted to that show!!!!! It was sooooooooooo groovy and hip for the kids.
Man them cats were swinging.
And me personally I was and will always remain a front man I just dont do rears man sorry ;)