PDA

View Full Version : Sky Plus?

krieve
07-Dec-05, 23:32
Hi i was thinking about getting sky plus was wondering if any of you have it and if its any good and worth the money?:)

golach
08-Dec-05, 00:02
I have it the wife loves it. Do you tape a lot from Sky...if so Yes...I dont have Sky sport...but the pause feature would be good on the sports channel
If you already have sky they will offer you a deal for multi room i.e. install the box you already have in another room but you will have to install another telephone socket. Have a look on Sky.com

brandy
08-Dec-05, 00:26
we have recently got it and love it! can record wiggles and other fav for kids and when they are bored and want tv can put it on without worrying that nothing is on for them .. also great for recording programs we just dont have time to watch or are running late.. and dont have to miss the first 15 min of and then be totally lost!
can record 2 programs while watching a 3rd!
magic! *laughs*

fed-ex
08-Dec-05, 00:29
How do you find time to watch all the recorded stuff if you've no time to watch it in the first place?

brandy
08-Dec-05, 00:33
after the kids go to bed of course! *laughs* we only watch a few programs reg. so its great for that.. so like any movie you rent when you have a quiet moment you sit back and relax.. what was so great about sky+ you get to choose when you want to watch it.. and you can pause it if you need to and not miss anything

fed-ex
08-Dec-05, 00:35
Oh aye, I never thought about that. I dont know what its like to have kids hoggin the tv all day until bedtime........

The Angel Of Death
08-Dec-05, 10:12
2 thumbs up best this we have got in ages really handy for setting up a series to record and watch it at a later date / time or just record a program and start watching it 10 - 15 mins after it starts to let you fast forward the adverts

Julia
08-Dec-05, 11:18
I had it installed last week, it's brilliant!

I never used to bother taping anything on the video except once in a blue moon but this is so easy I'm recording stuff everyday.

No need to worry about missing the first few mins of your favourite program, just rewind live tv! Best thing I ever bought!

I also use one of those gadgets to transmit the sky+ signal to the bedroom, with a second remote (bought on ebay for £13) I have access to the full features of sky+ without having to use the crappy multiroom.

Totally worth £49!

jay
08-Dec-05, 11:33
we've had sky plus for a couple of years now and wouldn't be without it - just set things to serial record and it automatically records the whole series - no more watching the first episode of something and forgetting its on the next night! we go a postcard from them a couple of weeks ago offering the sky box free so might be worth asking abour special offers

krieve
08-Dec-05, 11:38
I had it installed last week, it's brilliant!

I never used to bother taping anything on the video except once in a blue moon but this is so easy I'm recording stuff everyday.

No need to worry about missing the first few mins of your favourite program, just rewind live tv! Best thing I ever bought!

I also use one of those gadgets to transmit the sky+ signal to the bedroom, with a second remote (bought on ebay for £13) I have access to the full features of sky+ without having to use the crappy multiroom.

Totally worth £49!
just wondering were you a sky customer before i got a new tv and one of those transmitter things on sunday i dont want multiroom either.

Julia
08-Dec-05, 11:51
just wondering were you a sky customer before i got a new tv and one of those transmitter things on sunday i dont want multiroom either.

Yes been a customer for years, I had them put the old sky box in the bedroom but I'm just not using it (it just sits plugged in and connected to the phone line), unfortunately you have to take multiroom in order to get the Sky+ box so cheap, otherwise it cost something like £229

krieve
08-Dec-05, 12:02
Thats the same as us we have had it for years to i could put it in the bairns room then. Maybe phone SKY tonight and see how we get on thanks everyone.:D

MadPict
08-Dec-05, 17:06
You might want to hold onto your money - with the introduction of High Definition TV in 2006 SKY is one of the first to broadcast HD programmes, but you will need a HD SKY box.

So if you want to experience HD TV it might pay to hold off...