PDA

View Full Version : Thurso High school absentees

Big G
07-Dec-05, 20:58
Did you read the paper today about the absentees in the High school's. There was 420 people off school today just in Thurso due to this viral infection.
maybe the whole school will be off by the end of the week?

funky-dunky
07-Dec-05, 21:01
oh my, there was really that amount offa skool.
There was 351 off skool on monday too.
Aww well i will look forward for the skool being closed lol.

We should thank the lord we are getting it now and not for x-mas day lol.

~~Tides~~
07-Dec-05, 21:08
Woo Hoo, hope it comes to Wick. Bring on lying in bed playin eh play station!

funky-dunky
07-Dec-05, 22:53
Why would you want to get the cold just to stay in you'r bed you have all christmas hols and the wknds to do that lol.
I can say summit i have this cold and you do not want it as it is really bad this time.

wicker
08-Dec-05, 10:17
Why keep the school open as its obviously spreading to other pupils, if they just close it for rest of week wouldn't this help?

lorr_mun14
08-Dec-05, 14:11
I have one son off, he's tried to go back twice, but I've only been phoned by the school to collect him and told not to put him back till he's better. He has been off school most of this week. My other son is coming down with it and I don't feel great myself. Apparently it's not a flu, but something else, the doctors are doing swab tests.

funky-dunky
08-Dec-05, 16:36
I have one son off, he's tried to go back twice, but I've only been phoned by the school to collect him and told not to put him back till he's better. He has been off school most of this week. My other son is coming down with it and I don't feel great myself. Apparently it's not a flu, but something else, the doctors are doing swab tests.

Firstly i hope you and you'r son's get better.

Yeah its the same as me i been off skool for nearly 2 weeks now (well i have been a couple off days) with this virus!
I thought it went away but i was wrong dont get me wrong it did for a couple off days.

So whoever is reading this i hope this will be a bit off good advise.
*Dont think its gone completly one day coz it will come back twice has bad.

Big G
08-Dec-05, 16:55
i had this virus yesterday (Wednesday) and i had: an extremley sore head, a really sore throat, coughing, and an sick feeling in my stomach. and when i did eat i felt terribly sick! i am okay today but i am only eating small amounts of soup, and i still have the sore head!
Its very horrible, count yourself lucky if you dont have it!!

jjc
08-Dec-05, 17:04
So whoever is reading this i hope this will be a bit off good advise.
I don't know about good advice, but it's certainly been a perfect example of why the school - or at least the English Department - should remain open for as long as is humanly possible! ;)

Big G
08-Dec-05, 23:05
well if there is 400 or more off school and 1/3 of the teachers off, then the school will be closed!!

pedromcgrory
09-Dec-05, 00:16
maybe its a well planned skive ,never thought about holding it big scale ,when i was at school ,lol only kidding a few of my nephews are off ill too ,it will soon pass

jjc
09-Dec-05, 00:57
Hey, it hit the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4510594.stm

angela5
09-Dec-05, 00:58
Hey, it hit the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4510594.stm

I watched it on the grampian news tonight also.

lizzie
09-Dec-05, 01:21
maybe its a well planned skive ,never thought about holding it big scale ,when i was at school ,lol only kidding a few of my nephews are off ill too ,it will soon pass

you would have to be joking pedro, what a thing to say.
I take it by that remark you have not falling victim to the virus yet? stock up on the paracetomal pedro.

Jeid
09-Dec-05, 01:30
i was ill. 3days and i was as good as ever. kids will do anything to get off school these days.

would never happen in my day...

Fran
09-Dec-05, 01:33
i had it too and was in bed for a week but i dont go to school. It is going around wick too. paracetomol and ampicillen are good for it.

funky-dunky
09-Dec-05, 19:13
i was ill. 3days and i was as good as ever. kids will do anything to get off school these days.

would never happen in my day...
Aint you lucky you only had it for three days.

Excuse me but if you were a kid would you want to go to go to school with it.
I am at school and i havent been for the past week as i have this virus real bad and other poor kids are lying in thier beds really ill with it.
You are really lucky you only had it for three days, thats what i started off like and i thought it went away but a couple off days later i got it even worst.
So when and if you get it again it will come twice as bad and then you will see what us school children are going through.

Would you like to get up outta you'r bed to go to school/work with this virus?
Let me tell you what its like.

1, you feel really sick
2,you feel really dizzy and when you stand up it feels like you are going to fall over.
3, you have this really sore head
4,you cant eat or drink cuz it feels wierd
5,you have really sore bones
6,you are always coughing badly
7,you want to sleep all day and night

So there we are would you wanna get up if you fell like that and i bet ever one would agree with me.

I aint moaning for what you wrote i just wanted to say you better watch out because it will hit you again twice as bad.:o:)

fed-ex
09-Dec-05, 19:16
Maybe you should go back to bed for a while Funky Dunky. I somehow think Jeid might have been having a wee joke to try and lighten the subject up a bit. Dont down him for that.........

funky-dunky
09-Dec-05, 19:27
If you have read my post i said i didnt want to moan i just wanted to warn him that it will come back twice as bad.

And maybe some school children will take it seriously

unicorn
09-Dec-05, 19:46
It sounds really nasty get well soon to all of you who are suffering

Big G
10-Dec-05, 12:38

I am at school and i havent been for the past week as i have this virus real bad and other poor kids are lying in thier beds really ill with it.
You are really lucky you only had it for three days, thats what i started off like and i thought it went away but a couple off days later i got it even worst.
So when and if you get it again it will come twice as bad and then you will see what us school children are going through.

1, you feel really sick
2,you feel really dizzy and when you stand up it feels like you are going to fall over.

So there we are would you wanna get up if you fell like that and i bet ever one would agree with me.

I aint moaning for what you wrote i just wanted to say you better watch out because it will hit you again twice as bad.:o:)

Also i had,

8. really sore weeping eyes

my chest is so sore from coughing so much - its horrible. i cant wait till the doctors find out what it is and maybe giv us some tablets, medicine or maybe a jag to help us get rid of it!

krieve
10-Dec-05, 18:26
Thankfully none of our house have had it yet i hope you are all feeling better soon.

cezzy1234
10-Dec-05, 20:53
hi i also have this nasty bug it really bad i havent had my tummy so sore plus my little girl has had it to she has been in a lot of pain with it it is really bad and now one knows whot it is.

cezzy1234
10-Dec-05, 20:57
you would have to be joking pedro, what a thing to say.
I take it by that remark you have not falling victim to the virus yet? stock up on the paracetomal pedro.
hi paracetomal dose not work on this virus

funky-dunky
10-Dec-05, 22:30
thanks everyone.

God am in soo much pain. Lick someone said there eye sight is blury i just started with it and when i stand it's really horrible eh.

Like someone else mentioned about paracetomal it is horrible how it doesnt work i keep taking them and hoping foe the best it will help me.

I have asthma and my asthma is really bad with this as well.
I really do hope they hurry up and get some kind off treatment as we cant take this much longer....

I know this might be stupid but thats why i wanted to ask does anyone think this is bird flu?
:(

angela5
10-Dec-05, 22:37
lemsip flu capsules help's and for a sore throat if you have swollen glands then the doctor will prescribe antibiotics.
hot water bottle and bed i think, plenty of sleep.

funky-dunky
10-Dec-05, 22:42
lemsip flu capsules help's and for a sore throat if you have swollen glands then the doctor will prescribe antibiotics.
hot water bottle and bed i think, plenty of sleep.
Na i wont take that lemsips as i dont like them and feel like i will be sick if i do take them.....
As for a hot water bottle i feel over heated as it is...

Thankfully i havent got swollen glans yet...

angela5
10-Dec-05, 22:44
Na i wont take that lemsips as i dont like them and feel like i will be sick if i do take them.....
As for a hot water bottle i feel over heated as it is...

Thankfully i havent got swollen glans yet...

Lemsip flu capsules not that horrid drink yuk! the capsules certainly help.
Hot water bottle your better sweating it out of your system.

Lassie
10-Dec-05, 22:52

1, you feel really sick

just like to say that sitting in front of the computer is going to do nothing for it! I had this and woz off school all week and found that staring into screen made it worse. I would suggest lying in bed with a hot water bottle and a cheerful movie to watch as well as a good nights sleep like my Mum said!

funky-dunky
10-Dec-05, 22:54
I cant take some lemsip tablets i mean there i beachams lying in the house i cant even take them as it contains asprin, but hopefully mum will buy me some on mon.

As for sweating it out i do agree but its difficult for me as if i get to hot my asthma is even worst....
:( What a night mare eh.....

Big G
11-Dec-05, 17:17
I hate lemsips too, i found the best for this is night nurse. Take it before you go to bed and it makes you really tired and then u r asleep until the morn - u dont wake up atall! its great!!!

funky-dunky
12-Dec-05, 17:06
night nurse whats that and what does it contain????
Has it got asprin in it and how much are they plus where do i get it from thanks.xx

p.s would it be an good idea for an asthmatic????

wicker
12-Dec-05, 17:15
Has no-one had results from the doctor yet as to what it is, some time they are taking to test and find out.

dragonfly
12-Dec-05, 17:20
Funky-Dunky, don't think you should take advice on whether it good for asthmatics from Big G (or anyone else on here unless they are a Dr), think you should go to the chemist and ask their advice, after all better being safe than sorry :D

funky-dunky
12-Dec-05, 17:21
nope sorry but i wish they would find out for us.
I went to the doc's today and they can just say its a virus just now them selfs lol

Lavenderblue2
12-Dec-05, 17:21
You can get this preparation in the chemist - always check with the pharmasist if you aren't sure.

Contains: Paracetamol
This product should not be taken along with any other medications containing paracetamol.
May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcoholic drink. Do not take more than 1 dose in 24 hours.

Get well soon. :)

LB

funky-dunky
12-Dec-05, 17:25
just like to say that sitting in front of the computer is going to do nothing for it! I had this and woz off school all week and found that staring into screen made it worse. I would suggest lying in bed with a hot water bottle and a cheerful movie to watch as well as a good nights sleep like my Mum said!
I was sitting in front off the computer for five mins then went to my bed as i know i cant sit in front off it all day.
Plus i cant get a good nights sleep i couldnt for the past 3 weeks.
I wish i could lie in my bed for the hole day but cant.
But thanks anyway...

funky-dunky
12-Dec-05, 17:28
Funky-Dunky, don't think you should take advice on whether it good for asthmatics from Big G (or anyone else on here unless they are a Dr), think you should go to the chemist and ask their advice, after all better being safe than sorry :D
Yeah i know lol but what i ment is does it say do not take if you are asthmatic as it does on some....

funky-dunky
12-Dec-05, 17:29
You can get this preparation in the chemist - always check with the pharmasist if you aren't sure.

Contains: Paracetamol
This product should not be taken along with any other medications containing paracetamol.
May cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcoholic drink. Do not take more than 1 dose in 24 hours.

Get well soon. :)

LB

Hiya thanks for that...

Lavenderblue2
13-Dec-05, 11:08
Hope your feeling better today funky-dunky.

Oh how I cringed when I saw that I'd spelt pharmacist wrong!

Lets put it down to pressure of the season...........................:o

LB

golach
13-Dec-05, 11:14
Hope your feeling better today funky-dunky.

Oh how I cringed when I saw that I'd spelt pharmacist wrong!

Lets put it down to pressure of the season...........................:o

LB

Dont worry Lavender I have the same problem...I put it down to FFS....Fat Finger Syndrom, you could have gone back into your post and edited it and we would have been none the wiser

funky-dunky
13-Dec-05, 12:23
lol dont worry about it cuz i spelt glands wrong i must have forgotten the d or summit lol.

Nope am still the same what about you???

dragonfly
16-Dec-05, 10:36
its still doing the rounds, my daughter had it a week ago and now my son started with it yesterday!

William
16-Dec-05, 14:43
Do they know what caused it yet? or why it spread so well

Lavenderblue2
16-Dec-05, 15:10
I was speaking to a local GP about the virus on Wednesday and I was told that they still don't know the cause.

Pennyland School is being hit very hard now. :(

LB

Big G
17-Dec-05, 16:35
I was speaking to a local GP about the virus on Wednesday and I was told that they still don't know the cause.

Pennyland School is being hit very hard now. :(

LB

yes pennyland is being hit very hard - with an average of 65-70 off everyday last week!!

_Ju_
17-Dec-05, 19:51
hi paracetomal dose not work on this virus

Paracetamol works on no viruses. It works on symptoms.

angela5
18-Dec-05, 23:59
Has everyone got over the virus then?

funky-dunky
21-Dec-05, 13:35
no.
I thought i have got over the virus but it hit me again a couple off days ago, so thats me had it for about four nearly five weeks now.
Why are we getting it before x-mas i think it is sad cuz now we aint going to have a good x-mas, as we will be in too much pain.
I hope this virus will go away soon and for everyone that has it get well soon ok.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Lavenderblue2
21-Dec-05, 18:09
So sorry to hear that you've had a relapse funky-dunky, my granddaughter is the same - even more poorly than the first time!

A week on from the second onset (a very strong antibiotic this time) she is left with absolutely no energy and no interest in anything at all.

This virus is an awfully debilitating thing for those who have had the full-blown version.

Get well soon

funky-dunky
23-Dec-05, 20:00
thanks and i hope your grandchild gets better 2.