PDA

View Full Version : Ross County Youth Programme

gardeninginagale
05-Jul-08, 21:49
I understand the rules. By rights this post will be removed. But if the moderators hold on a minute, this affects all of us.

So the SFA have kicked three clubs out of their Youth Development Programme, for administrative errors. Paperwork is obviously more important than people or players.

The three clubs in question, Dunfermline, Ross County and Dundee, have all been in the forefront of youth development in recent years. That is to the great credit and foresight of their Chairmen and Directors. None of these clubs have the budget of an SPL side, but they spend wisely and work hard to nurture and develop young talent.

This decision by the SFA denies our teenagers, and potential players of the future, the opportunity to get the guidance they need to realise their potential. At a time when we really need all the support we can get at grass roots level, the SFA let us down.

It really would be laughable, if it didn’t have such serious and long-term consequences.

Peat has been a ridiculous figure for years, and even if he retired now, he couldn’t salvage any dignity. But I once had respect for Lex Gold. I am saddened and disappointed that he has cast his vote the way he did.

May I quote Gordon Smith?

“SFA chief executive Gordon Smith admitted to BBC Sport that the three clubs comply with the law of the land, relating to child protection.”

So no problem, legally, then?

The SFA must therefore consider itself above the law. That is an untenable position, and any decision the SFA makes is de facto illegal.

I call now for Peat’s resignation, and a full apology and reinstatement for Dunfermline, Ross County and Dundee.

And I fully support Roy MacGregor’s legal challenge. Given the above statement from the SFA’s Chief Executive, the SFA will be laughed out of court.