PDA

View Full Version : No Second Miracle

Blondie
05-Jul-08, 21:12
Today I lost my little old cat. She was 17. It was totally unexpected and I am devastated. She was a rescue kitten and I know we gave her a wonderful life and we loved her to bits. I feel I was selfish in that I took her to the vet to have her put to sleep and in the end couldn't do it. Instead I asked the vet to operate so that I knew it was hopeless, I felt I had to give her every chance. I feel so guilty that I left her alone and scared and that she died anyway, because it was indeed hopeless.

The house is so quiet without her. You know the funny thing is I swear I heard her at 12.10, making the funny little noise she did. Perhaps she was saying goodybe.

RIP My wonderful, funny little cat :-( I'll remember you always xxx Mummy x

carasmam
05-Jul-08, 21:45
So sorry for your loss Blondie :(

teenybash
05-Jul-08, 22:13
How very, very sad for you but you do not deserve to feel guilty at giving her that one final chance..................you made a choice based on love and that was the right thing to do and she will love you for it.
You probably will hear her from time to time making her little noises to let you know she is there with you.........Your little friend is now without pain or illness. The sadness will end and be replaced with sweet memories....trust in time. :~(

Liz
05-Jul-08, 22:33
Oh Blondie I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

I can understand your feelings of guilt but you know in your heart that this guilt is totally unfounded as your decision was based on love.

I felt the same for putting Tiggy through blood tests and x-rays but wanted to give him a chance and this is what you did for your beloved cat.

You probably did see her as she would have come back to say goodbye and thanks for a wonderful life and 'see you again some day'.

Lots of love and hugs xxx

evelyn
05-Jul-08, 23:26
Blondie I know exactly how you feel. I tried to give my cat Hoover a last chance even though deep down I knew it was futile. The vet offered to operate and I grasped onto a little bit of hope. Sadly the vets were busy and he died on his own before they started the procedure. I was gutted when they phoned. I wished I had been brave enough to have gone with my instinct and had him put to sleep.
However, if I had done that I probably would have crucified myself for not giving him a chance. As you would have felt if you'd done the same.
What you are feeling is natural. Don't be hard on yourself. Your intentions were good.
Thinking of you
evelyn

Margaret M.
06-Jul-08, 03:05
Aw, Blondie, that is such sad news. It is natural to regret putting her through surgery but if you had not done it you would always wonder if the operation could have saved her. I had the same situation with my wee doggie and although I wish his departure could have been different at least I know I did all I could, just as you did for your cat.

bod1403
06-Jul-08, 11:51
We had to say goodbye to our Tommy in May, even though we've 2 other cats I feel so lost without him, he was always with me. I feel for you but we can't watch them suffer even if the alternative breaks our hearts.
Tommy has his little garden in the sun with an hydrangea and little plaque.
You never know perhaps they're playing together with all aches and pains gone.

Venture
06-Jul-08, 23:22
So sorry Blondie to hear about your cat. Its awful when anything happens to a pet especially when you have had them for so long. They become part of your life. You gave her a wonderful home and a lot of love. Take care.