PDA

View Full Version : Petrol prices again

Naefearjustbeer
07-Dec-05, 20:09
http://www.pipelinecard.org/

Have you seen this? Is it genuine? anyone registered yet. So many questions does anyone have the answers? doh! that was another question. LOL

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 20:15
Great:- seems like a very good idea i am going to join up.

fed-ex
07-Dec-05, 20:37
Too good to be true......

Don Quixote
07-Dec-05, 20:41
... must admit I am a bit suspicious of this.

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 20:48
Whats so sus about it ye join up if it comes to nothing so what, it might turn oot to be best thing since sliced bread( anither good saying fed-ex).

fed-ex
07-Dec-05, 20:55
Or i could go back to Stroma where i dont need petrol at all..Eh!!

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 20:58
Fed-ex best thing i've heard in week's

~~Tides~~
07-Dec-05, 21:12
"Strength in numbers
There are nearly 32 million of us in the UK."

Thats over half the country, seems a bit optimistic. If half the country has one of these cards how has nobody heard about it?

~~Tides~~
07-Dec-05, 21:15
Later on it says:

"As of the beginning of December, Pipeline had just under 50,000 registered members."

Judge for yourselfs.

cullbucket
07-Dec-05, 21:19
think 32 million is total drivers in uk

MadPict
07-Dec-05, 21:27
Listen to one of the interviews - he states they have 50,000 now but it'll take hundreds of thousands before it'll work....

I seem to remember a similar card being brought out a few years ago - didn't last.

Tugmistress
07-Dec-05, 22:53
joined this last month and just had an email off them.... (ignore any links they wont work on a copy and paste) i figure i lose nothing by trying:p

It's now December and Pipeline has been going for just over a month, so it's time for an update.

Firstly, thank you all for signing up and pledging your support to the Pipeline cause. We have had some fantastic supportive emails - which has made all the hard work worthwhile.

We have also had great support from the media, particularly from the car forums, Times Online (http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2005/11/fuel_for_though.html), and from Martin Lewis (http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=116175), the money saving expert. (Thanks Martin - and keep up the great work.) Do check out the Media Page (http://www.pipelinecard.org/media.html) on the website if you haven't visited in the last few days. You might also want to read our official Privacy Policy (http://www.pipelinecard.org/privacy.html) added to the site on 24th November.

Membership has been growing at an astonishing 10,000 members per week so we are well on our way to launching the Pipeline Card in the Spring of 2006. However, we do need a lot of registrations to make this work on a national level so please give some thought to ways of telling other drivers about Pipeline.

Some of you have posted links on Web Forums and Bulletin Boards - about 1200 of them actually - some have sent emails to their work colleagues, some have added the site address to their email signature, others have posted messages on Club Noticeboards and newsletters, or passed on details to journalists that they know. It all helps.

Please don't spam your address book, don't set up chain emails and, above all, don't register anyone on the site without their knowledge and permission. But if you know other drivers who would like to save money on petrol - friends, family, colleagues - do tell them about the website and give them the opportunity of joining Pipeline.

If all of you told just two people about Pipeline this week, and they signed up, that would triple our size. It's up to all of us to make this work and, judging by the response so far, it has every chance of success.

Please continue to write in with your queries, suggestions, and offers of help. There are only two of us to answer you - and both of us have other jobs - so bear with us if it takes a little while for us to respond. We read every email and have already added much more material to our FAQ as a direct result of your feedback.

Best wishes

Ben Scammell

AR
08-Dec-05, 15:05
I can see how this MAY work.So hopefully they are speaking to shell for best possible coverage.If its BP its going to have no good to us(Caithness).Esso will may limited good. They didnt clarify(from what i seen) about where the saving would come from.The taxation side would be a good start, but unrealistic.
If the saving is got directly from an oil company it may also be no good as there are no oil co. owned filling stations north of Inverness.

topotheuk
08-Dec-05, 23:36
I just couldn't help but notice that on Tugmistress' post, the email she pasted was from a Mr Scammell?? maybe just pure coincidence

Geo
31-Jan-06, 11:32
I found the petrol thing a while ago on the moneysavingexpert website, the owner of which (Martin Lewis) is on Radio2 every friday and on TV. He seems to think it's legit and has highlighted it on his website.

Geo
31-Jan-06, 11:34
If the saving is got directly from an oil company it may also be no good as there are no oil co. owned filling stations north of Inverness.

There are already discount cards for business users in Caithness. As far as I know one is subsidised by a petrol company, one isn't. So this one may work.

Saveman
31-Jan-06, 12:28
Scammell.....Scammall.........Scam all! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhh, run away!

I've signed up.

SJR
01-Feb-06, 21:43
Agency fuel cards are being withdrawn at the end of Febuary , but i dont know is that sheel or bp or both.So what is the other card? esso?