PDA

View Full Version : Catharine Mowat/Coghill

LaurenF
04-Jul-08, 03:58
I'm looking for information regarding Catharine Barnie (born 1847 in Canisbay). Catharine is the sister of my great-grandfather. She moved to Lybster where she married James Mowat in 1878. They worked at the Portland Arms Hotel in Lybster. I know that James died in 1886 in Lybster and that Catharine remarried (William Coghill). I know that Catharine and James Mowat had 2 children (Margaret and John, I believe). I haven't been able to find out what happened to Catharine . . . I can't seem to find a death record for her. Can anyone help me with information about her or her family? Thanks!
Lauren (in Canada)

Tricia
04-Jul-08, 08:46
Hi
Death:
1946 COGHILL CATHERINE (other Names:MOWAT BARNEY) F 98 LATHERON /CAITHNESS 038/00 0036

I have not viewed the actual entry in www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
Tricia

Oddquine
04-Jul-08, 09:50
Catherine died 18th September 1846 in Lybster. As far as I know, John married Williamina Shearer in Tain in 1803. Haven't got anything about Margaret bar her birth date.

I'm connected further back on the Mowat side...and also have a connection through my Nicolson line to the Barnies.

robbain
05-Jul-08, 07:08
I'm looking for information regarding Catharine Barnie (born 1847 in Canisbay). Catharine is the sister of my great-grandfather. She moved to Lybster where she married James Mowat in 1878. They worked at the Portland Arms Hotel in Lybster. I know that James died in 1886 in Lybster and that Catharine remarried (William Coghill). I know that Catharine and James Mowat had 2 children (Margaret and John, I believe). I haven't been able to find out what happened to Catharine . . . I can't seem to find a death record for her. Can anyone help me with information about her or her family? Thanks!
Lauren (in Canada)

Lauren
please contact me at robert@eilrobcatz2.freeserve.co.uk as I can fill in some blanks for you as James Mowat and Catharine Barnie
Robert