PDA

View Full Version : home wanted

purplelady
02-Jul-08, 23:03
It is with great sadness that I have to rehome two lovely collie crosses mum and daughther they are both lovely dogs but due to realationship break up i can no longer keep them so if anyone is interested or knows of anyone pls pm may be able to split not sure how yoinger one would react .

dancingtaz13
02-Jul-08, 23:04
How old are both the dogs

purplelady
02-Jul-08, 23:11
judy is 4 and hollie is 9 they are lovely wee dogs and i truely love them to bits but am in a small flat now and have to go to work all day they .are used to kids and cats it breaks my heart to have to rehome but have no choose in the matter .

purplelady
03-Jul-08, 10:02
just wanted to add that i will not let them go to anyone as they much loved they need a good loving home where they will get the love and attention they deserve

purplelady
14-Jul-08, 23:05
still looking for a good loving home do not want to split them up but if need be will have do not want them to go to just anyone as they are lovely petted lumps although judy can b very naughty at times lol

KCI
14-Jul-08, 23:26
I'm not trying to be rude, but it sounds like you love your dogs and they love you.
Couldn't you arrange for someone to look after them during the day, or at least go in to see them a couple of times during the day, and take them out for a couple of walks? Maybe friends/family could help out?

binbob
15-Jul-08, 11:22
I'm not trying to be rude, but it sounds like you love your dogs and they love you.
Couldn't you arrange for someone to look after them during the day, or at least go in to see them a couple of times during the day, and take them out for a couple of walks? Maybe friends/family could help out?

yes i agree...i do not mean to upset.but u love them..they love u...please try hard to keep them.i wish u all the best.

teenybash
15-Jul-08, 12:59
It is almost two weeks since you first posted to find 'your girls' a new home...............You have looked after them and coped since then and I know you will cope in the future.
Please think long and hard about rehoming you lovelies...you love them so much and they adore you. The three of you sound as if you should be together and your 'girls' just wouldn't know what was happening if they were parted from you. :(

purplelady
15-Jul-08, 23:33
I do love them to bits and so does my son as i say they have settled down well so am hoping i can keep them thank you all for your kind words s i say judy can be a handful but she a doreable toooooooo and the cats love them too even if judy does annoy them lol:lol:

teenybash
16-Jul-08, 00:09
Sounds as if you are a happy little tribe that is meant to be together................ Good luck and keep on smiling, even on the days you don't feel like it. :)

KCI
16-Jul-08, 08:25
I am so glad that you can keep them after all.
I could never give up any of my cats, as they are part of the family, just like your girls.
Good for you.

I do love them to bits and so does my son as i say they have settled down well so am hoping i can keep them thank you all for your kind words s i say judy can be a handful but she a doreable toooooooo and the cats love them too even if judy does annoy them lol:lol:

Miss Mack
16-Jul-08, 20:41
It is almost two weeks since you first posted to find 'your girls' a new home...............You have looked after them and coped since then and I know you will cope in the future.
Please think long and hard about rehoming you lovelies...you love them so much and they adore you. The three of you sound as if you should be together and your 'girls' just wouldn't know what was happening if they were parted from you. :(
A small flat and an owner who works all day isnt ideal for 2 dogs, she was doing the right thing by trying to find new homes for them.

binbob
16-Jul-08, 21:21
good luck ..i am so glad u are keeping them.even in a flat...nothing is ideal,but loads of dogs do live in flats quite happily.
we do not all need a big house and acres off land to have/love our dogs.

i disagree completely with the last post..totally unfair..do not take any notice of it. u are doing the right thing..they and u will adapt.
at least they are not tied up in a farmyard ...or running as strays...or worse.
very best wishes.

teenybash
16-Jul-08, 21:44
A small flat and an owner who works all day isnt ideal for 2 dogs, she was doing the right thing by trying to find new homes for them.

Sorry Miss Mack....you are wrong.................[disgust]

KCI
16-Jul-08, 22:13

To a lot of people, their pets are part of their family. Families stick together, no matter what. Circumstances may not be ideal, but that shouldn't mean that the only answer is to give pets away.
If we all shared your attitude, we would have even more homeless animals desperately looking for a new home.

purplelady
16-Jul-08, 23:14
thank you all for your lovel commnts am going to keep trying as i think i owe it to them for all the love they show us .

carasmam
17-Jul-08, 00:12
Been there and got the t-shirt.;) It may not be ideal, but as long as the dogs get the attention and exercise they need when you are at home it is possible to live in a flat and work a 40 hour week, you'll make it work and it wont be forever. I hope you have friends and family nearby and if not you'll likely make friends with some of us in pets corner, we'll not see you stuck :cool:

purplelady
17-Jul-08, 00:23
you are all so wonderful thank you have my daughther home for two weeks son on summer hols and i try to walk them twice a day and am going to get the garden fenced in to so they can go out there think i will get ther but you are all great i am a animal lover have two cats too and a rabbit and on sat we will have a ahamster lol

binbob
17-Jul-08, 11:09
great..u will get there..and do check in with us animal lovers in the pet section.
hugs for the beasties.

Liz
17-Jul-08, 12:51
Well done Purplelady for keeping your lovely girls. They have a wonderful home where they are and would miss you and your son as much as you miss them.

Agree with all the comments made by the others (apart from Miss Mack).

Pets Corner is a great place to come for advice and support so we will all be here if you need us.

Good luck!:D

teenybash
17-Jul-08, 14:44
you are all so wonderful thank you have my daughther home for two weeks son on summer hols and i try to walk them twice a day and am going to get the garden fenced in to so they can go outthere think i will get ther but you are all great i am a animal lover have two cats too and a rabbit and on sat we will have a ahamster lol

You don't have to 'think' you'll get there....you've done it....you're there!!!!

Keep us all up to date....I'm a sucker for happy endings

Well done*^*^*^*^

cuddlepop
17-Jul-08, 18:12
You will make this work because you "need" your palls as much as they ned you.
Good luck in your new life,you'll make it the best of us do.;)

purplelady
21-Jul-08, 22:48
thank you all for your support holly and judy are settling down well we now have a new addition to the family a little hamster called buffy she is very cute too

teenybash
22-Jul-08, 17:27
Say hi and welcome to little Buffy....a very lucky little hammy to have found such a good loving home. :)

purplelady
22-Jul-08, 23:06
i will thank you she is a real funny weee thing once again thank you all for your help and support :lol: