PDA

View Full Version : No more preview?

Fluff
02-Jul-08, 22:56
It may just be my PC being stupid and annoying but I no longer get a preview of a thread, is this happening to anyone else?

By preview I mean that on the main board, if I hovered my mouse over the topic it would come up with the first sentence.

I quite liked that feature, I hope it comes back. It gives an idea what a thread is about.

Bobinovich
02-Jul-08, 22:59
This (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=403030&postcount=19) explains it

lazytown
03-Jul-08, 04:25
What is happening with the new servers that were meant to be put in place this year (http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=342912&postcount=8) to help alleviate these problems?

The server problems have been noticed by the provider and plans are afoot to change Caithness.org across to a new more reliable server shortly. This will hopefully resolve the many frequent problems we've ALL been experiencing.

On a personal note my own business website and e-mail are both on the same server so I am all too aware when the server goes down. I for one will be very grateful when I am moved to the new server!

In answer to your queries Justine No, no-one is getting blocked on purpose and No, Mods cannot read PMs other than their own.

joxville
03-Jul-08, 12:49
It may just be my PC being stupid and annoying but I no longer get a preview of a thread, is this happening to anyone else?

By preview I mean that on the main board, if I hovered my mouse over the topic it would come up with the first sentence.

I quite liked that feature, I hope it comes back. It gives an idea what a thread is about.

I had to come and read your thread about missing previews cos your preview was missing. [lol]

stekar
03-Jul-08, 16:59
I miss the preview too, was very handy.

jings00
03-Jul-08, 17:22
aye, i liked the preview bitty too

Oddquine
03-Jul-08, 17:56
But I'd rather have the forum.

ciderally
03-Jul-08, 18:09
thought it was me.....anyway as said rather have the forum...xx