PDA

View Full Version : Who is the stronger sex and why

teenybash
02-Jul-08, 19:19
Who do you think is the stronger of the sexes. Is it the male [disgust] of the species or the female?:roll:

bobandag16
02-Jul-08, 19:46
Who do you think is the stronger of the sexes. Is it the male [disgust] of the species or the female?:roll:
mental or physical women win always spin docters can get there own way anytime we men are no match cave men drag then by the hair and suffered for it nothing better to let them be boss more peace for all.

rfr10
02-Jul-08, 19:52
Well it depends on the person really. Based on factual information though, male are stronger physically, mentally and emotionally although this may differ between some. Men produce anabolic steroids which increase muscle mass but women can be given this steroid by injection, meaning that it is possible for women to be as strong as men, if not, stronger. Testosterone also increases the speed that muscle builds at. So yes, that's my answer to why.:)

bettedaviseyes
02-Jul-08, 20:33
[evil]Centuries ago, women were treated as though they were smaller than men. Sadly, there are still men who believe that they are superior[evil]

weeboyagee
02-Jul-08, 20:55
Women smaller than men? Some men are smaller than others :lol: :lol:

WBG :cool:

changilass
02-Jul-08, 21:06
When it comes to carrying anything heavy I am more than willing to tell hubby that men are stronger than women :lol:

armanisgirl
02-Jul-08, 21:19
Women, because........
We have to go through childbirth - men don't and often while observing partner/wife giving birth will pass out!
We have to juggle work & childcare
We have many roles as women - wife, mother, nurse, childcarer, taxi driver, accountant, bank teller, cleaner, cook, agony aunt, disciplinarian, personal shopper, teacher, as well as the obvious sex object for the other half!
We can multi-task - cook while cleaning while watching child/ren while chatting on phone [lol]

Sorry guys, but in the general scheme of things, women are the stronger sex, due to having to cope with so much more on a daily basis. Yes, physically some women can appear to be weaker due to muscle density, but would you honestly fancy us if we looked like female versions of Arnold Schwarzenneger? I think not! Also, we admittedly often cry, fly into a temper and may at times seem mentally unstable, but then you men do not have to go through the physical torture of PMT every month, or the hormone imbalances associated with that time of the month, or the hormonal imbalances ante and post pregnancy.

I know my other half has tried to take over my role quite recently, due to family bereavement taking me 'home' for 3 days, and did a very good job of it; getting kids up for school, taking them and picking them up from school, housework chores, cooking, helping them with the homework, and finally chasing them to bed. And I am a strong enough woman to say he coped very well being flung into the woman's world (up to a point, sadly I couldn't give him PMT cramps too!)[lol] But he amazed me by congratulating me on how well I 'do my job' on a daily basis, saying he was totally exhausted, and didn't realise how difficult it was juggling everything into a routine. He is a bit of a 'I'm a man, so I'm tough' kinda guy (without being a chauvanistic pig!) so the congrats went down very well. He now appreciates how hard we women actually are, and how strong we really are. I think if more men hand to single-handly take over the role of a woman for a few days or more, it would make them realise just how much we have to do, and how much we are taken for granted.

So, maybe men are physically stronger than women most of the time, but, in relation to strength of character, women win!!!!!!! :p

Can of worms now open - I sit back in my armour awaitng the firing squad! Give it your best shot lads!

TRUCKER
02-Jul-08, 21:58
Both women and men are equal.

rfr10
02-Jul-08, 21:59
But then men have to put up with women moaning the whole time. Now that DOES need strength! ;):lol:

... I'm only joking of course...

teenybash
02-Jul-08, 22:14
Good going.....the voice of true strength !!!!!!! Well written......................

Kevin Milkins
02-Jul-08, 23:29
Why would you need to have a poll or even discuss this subject when the answear is just so obvious.;)

tigger2u
02-Jul-08, 23:49
First I'm a male and work in childcare with around 45 women in nurseries and Out of School Care. I have seen good and bad from male & female workers but for avoidance of anything that will break a nail or be a little tough, then I have to give it to the women. WOW they are so good at trying to get anything done for them, or try and bat their eyelids and put on the helpless voice ( you all know the voice i mean don't you ) and they would rather leave it to get worse than pick up something and fix it.

BTW If you think that means I think men are the stronger sex then never assume anything cause I actually think the women for the most part are. But so many of them can really let your side down.:roll:

wifie
03-Jul-08, 02:05
He he tigger - womanly wiles could be seen as a strength indeed. Think there are arguments for both sides and indeed women and men who let their side down. Ultimately tho I have to side with my own sex - women win!

percy toboggan
03-Jul-08, 08:30
The vast majority of women do not have great reservoirs of testosterone to worry about. They communicate better (with exceptions) they are usually better organisers.Women have babies. End of story.

Unless you want to raise issues like maps, and 'left and right' in a directional sense.

Thumper
03-Jul-08, 10:08
It depends in what way,in physical strength I suppose men are the stronger sex but when it comes to things like emotion or giving birth then women win hands down.Men can "switch off" emotion as and when they need to,women cant,maybe that would be percieved as a strength for men but I think its a weakness.As for pain threasholds....well dont even get me started ;) x

Angela
03-Jul-08, 10:16
It depends on the individual of course, but overall I'd say it's us wifies.:)

You only have to think of that life threatening illness, 'man flu' .... yup, it's what we ladies call a bit of a cold!:roll:

bigjjuk
03-Jul-08, 11:57
First of all, Ive seen child birth 1st hand, and it does take some beating, in the men defence though, we dont get the choice to have babies, so you cant really take that into consideration. Id probably have one after what I saw and that would be that lol.

Men can of course multi- task too, we can drink beer in the pub and scratch our private areas as well as talk about footie all at the same time.
The facts are Men are pyshically stronger if you take an average women and man.

Emotional, I wouldnt like to say who wins that as male and females alike have to deal with different types of pressures which cant really be compared. Women as a whole definately have more pressure with the family unit. Men have the pressures ( in general) of providing for the family, so work loads could add to pressure. dont get me wrong women provide too Im stating a average family.

I dont think anyone will have a definate answer, Ill vote for the women though as it keeps them happy and causes us men less stress EMOTIONALLY :) when the women get upset by me voting for men :)

Lord Flasheart
04-Jul-08, 02:57
If men really were the stronger sex then no woman would have posted on this thread. Their men would have them properly trained and bringing them a fresh beer. And a bacon sandwhich. With sauce. Tomato preferably .. love.

Mens strength lies in the fact that firstly we gave up a rib to create woman, personally apart form the asthetic qualities they have on the whole I would rather have it back. Because on an emotional and logical level your nuts basically. Logic chip haywire and the emotional wiring is undecipherable. Men invented, created and designed the modern world. In fairness though the ladies have made it look nice with that incessant need to put throw pillows and candles everywhere. And Pot Pourri, which has to be the most pointless thing in the world. Apart from when you come home severly drunk and majorly hungry and it becomes "interesting popcorn". Secondly we are strong enough to open those pesky jar lids for you and lift heavy things that you cant. As funny as it would be to watch you struggle with that sofa, we just cant.

The main female claim here is that women give birth and so must be stronger than men. Well you cant get pregnant without us so stop taking all the credit as if it is a solo act please, and having been present at the birth of my two children I have to ask, if your pain threshold is so high ladies why do you scream the place down and threaten everyone in the room ?? You ladies dont know what REAL pain is until you have been kicked squarely in the testicles. Funnily enough most of that is down to you as well. Are you trying to get revenge on them for putting your gender through childbirth or something ??, women love to take the credit for children as if it was all their own work but you just try handing back your son (who has a steaming nappy that MUST have been filled by a JCB) saying "You grew it,you change it" and see what happens. Hint : REAL pain.

I will believe Women are as strong as men when I see a team of them buiding a block of flats, emptying my bins etc etc. The fact is women are not stronger than men. Now I can hear the pitchforks being dragged out of the cupboards by the female orgers and the twins have defensively retracted to my tonsils so I will make my point.

Women are not stronger than men, they are however UNDOUBTEDLY smarter though and brains wins out over brawn any day of the week. While men do all the mundane and routine tasks that women dont want to do they are nicking all the good jobs and in many cases doing a lot better at it than men do. And I say this as a man who works in mixed teams and sees how canny the females are. They are slowly taking over our creation by distracting us with push up bras and thongs, and were so stupid and basic that we are falling for it. The one thing they have got spot on is how to get round us and we cant see it until it has happened. They are like Velociraptors, its the one you dont see that gets you. If I had to list the top five people I work with I have to admit that three would be women. And they would be the top three. Plus as much as I would rather french kiss Graham Norton than just speak to my ex I have to admit she is (in her own way) a good parent. That hurt to say by the way, more than REAL pain.

So despite my reservations I will give my vote to the women on one condition ............. get rid of that Pot Pourri and no more silly throw cushions or candles.

wifie
04-Jul-08, 03:55
I am so glad you got it right in the end! Cos I was just ready to tell you that I have never asked a man to open a jar for me or lift a sofa for me. There are women down here emptying the bins. Also I HATE stinkin pot pourri!

Angela
04-Jul-08, 09:03
I dont think anyone will have a definate answer, Ill vote for the women though as it keeps them happy and causes us men less stress EMOTIONALLY when the women get upset by me voting for men

Very wise decision!! ;):lol:

tigger2u
04-Jul-08, 13:56
Very wise decision!! ;):lol:

Women ruling by fear again lol[lol]

Lord Flasheart
04-Jul-08, 20:06
Women ruling by fear again lol[lol]

The best description of women I have ever heard was uttered by a woman in the film Sliding Doors ..

"Im a woman, of course I dont know what I want. I do however reserve the right to get annoyed if I dont get it. Thats what makes us so interesting, and not a little bit scary."

honey
04-Jul-08, 20:25
women - we give birth!!!

Tilter
04-Jul-08, 20:26
Pointless argument since we'll never know what it's like to be what we're not. So, in an ideal world I think we should be biologically programmed to do shifts and change sex every so often - 10 years of our lives as a male followed by 10 years as a female and so on. That way we'd get to see what it was like. I'd be very curious to know what it's like being a bloke. Men, not being curious, would not want to participate in this scheme.

Have to say that as a female there's loads of things I could do that I can't be bothered to do so I'm happy to let men do things, for example, like car things. Just check the tyres, oil, gas, get the MOT sorted for me, etc., so I can just get in it and drive to where I'm going please.

TBH
04-Jul-08, 20:29
Pointless argument since we'll never know what it's like to be what we're not. So, in an ideal world I think we should be biologically programmed to do shifts and change sex every so often - 10 years of our lives as a male followed by 10 years as a female and so on. That way we'd get to see what it was like. I'd be very curious to know what it's like being a bloke. Men, not being curious, would not want to participate in this scheme.

Have to say that as a female there's loads of things I could do that I can't be bothered to do so I'm happy to let men do things, for example, like car things. Just check the tyres, oil, gas, get the MOT sorted for me, etc., so I can just get in it and drive to where I'm going please.Isn't there a guy in america who did that, he/she is now pregnant.:eek:
Apologies for the quote and the one liner, some folks Dinna lek it.[lol]

Tilter
04-Jul-08, 20:37
Apologies for the quote and the one liner, some folks Dinna lek it.[lol]
No apologies necessary. I like one liners. Easier on my reading ability/boredom level.

TBH
04-Jul-08, 20:42
No apologies necessary. I like one liners. Easier on my reading ability/boredom level.Anyhoo, this shemale called Thomas Beatie is having a baby so he/she would know how it feels to live both lives.

Tilter
04-Jul-08, 20:47
Anyhoo, this shemale called Thomas Beatie is having a baby so he/she would know how it feels to live both lives.

I don't want to know that bad. Am just rhetorically curious. Anyway, how can a man have a baby?

Cinderella's Shoe
04-Jul-08, 20:49
In general

Men are stronger physically

Women are stronger mentally

Isn't this already well known?

Tilter
04-Jul-08, 20:53
In general

Men are stronger physically

Women are stronger mentally

Isn't this already well known?

It's all a matter of degree and individuals - some men are stronger than some women, physically and/or mentally, and vice versa.

TBH
04-Jul-08, 20:54
I don't want to know that bad. Am just rhetorically curious. Anyway, how can a man have a baby?It's really just a female that has had a partial sex-change. She married a woman and then decided she wanted to have a baby through artificial insemination. So she spent the early years of her life as a girl now she is living them out as a man.:eek:

Lord Flasheart
05-Jul-08, 03:19

Have to say that as a female there's loads of things I could do that I can't be bothered to do so I'm happy to let men do things, for example, like car things. Just check the tyres, oil, gas, get the MOT sorted for me, etc., so I can just get in it and drive to where I'm going please.

Oh yes I would ..

I would love to know what it is like to have *ahem* a female chest. Any man would. (Ok some kind of already do but its not the same) The streets would be deserted except for the tumble weed as we would wake up in the morning, look down, smile and decide .. Nope .. not going out today.

I dont think I could handle all the emotional trauma that being a woman entails, and having a period really doesnt appeal. Then all this having to shave your legs, armpits and whatever else you girls do to look good just seems a bit of a drag and a waste of good drinking time.

And just for info, being a a man is fab. We can get ready for a night out in a length of time that doesnt have to be measured on a calendar, we can break wind openly because its practically expected, and I dont care what anyone says .. it IS funny. We dont care if our bum looks big in jeans as we are practical types and just grow the belly out to match. We never have to consider if we are in the mood for sex because we ALWAYS are, we can go to the toilet in a nightclub without a mate coming with us (Women going to the loo in pairs, what IS all that about ??), we dont get cellulite, we dont have to wear high heels at any point in our life (well, unless you WANT to .. :roll:), our underwear is extremely comfortabe and doesnt act like a cheese wire to our rear end, we look good with sideburns (*shivers*, remembers mutton chop sporting girlfriend, *shivers again*), we can have an argument about the tv remote without it turning into an analysis session of our relationship, we never worry about "where this relationship is going", think thats about it really.

tigger2u
05-Jul-08, 14:02
I agree Flash, we dont have to wear high heels and I wont anymore:roll:, they gave me 2 huge blisters on back of my heels [lol] those things are deadly

wifie
05-Jul-08, 20:11
Is that why you learned to bounce tigger? Only way you could gain some height in comfort! ;)

poppett
05-Jul-08, 20:43
As the fridge magnet proclaims in our house

"If at first you don`t succeed...........try it the wife`s way".

Angela
05-Jul-08, 20:54
As the fridge magnet proclaims in our house

"If at first you don`t succeed...........try it the wife`s way".

I have the mug I was given - by a man -that tells me "Behind every successful man there is a very surprised woman...";):lol:

tigger2u
05-Jul-08, 22:55
FACT>>> it's men that wear the trousers at home! ...When their wives tell them it's their turn ;)

[lol]

Lord Flasheart
06-Jul-08, 01:07
Who are the stronger sex, Men or Women ??

A timeless question and one which has never been answered, and judging by the back and fore on this thread it looks like it will never be. Now I am a selfless kind of guy and will gladly offer to settle the argument in the only way how .. a wrestling match .. but with a difference.

Women say we are physically stronger generally and I reckon women are smarter. The only way to settle this is see what wins over in the battle of brawn versus brains. I propose an experiment. I will need one large plastic sheet, a truckload of baby oil, Girls Aloud, Rachel Stevens and the entire female cast of Riverdance.

The challenge will be to see if I can outwrestle them one at a time. The female cast of Riverdance and Girls Aloud are the control group and basically just a warm up for me. Now being a muscular bloke the application of large amounts of baby oil to the sheet will defer my size and strength a bit and give the girls a better chance to allow their wily ways to win out. Its only fair after all, and I am a gentleman. Winning equals pinning me for 30 seconds. However I do have to wrestle them all, I dont want the women saying I gave in in the case of a female win and the blokes claiming it was a fluke so in the interests of science I will wrestle them all to get a fair result.

If Men are the stronger sex no woman will pin me for 30 seconds, If Women are the stronger sex then they will all pin me. The real test comes in the final bout with Rachel Stevens as I am seriously considering letting her win to be honest.

Im off to get limbered up ..

danc1ngwitch
06-Jul-08, 18:06
I'm happy as i am, so i don't see why its important who is the stronger. The stronger Person is supposed to help the weaker.
Now fairness is another subject. x

oldmarine
07-Jul-08, 01:24
I voted "women" based on my relationship with my wife. She knows what she wants and how to convince me why it is so important to her.

Lord Flasheart
07-Jul-08, 01:37
I voted "women" based on my relationship with my wife. She knows what she wants and how to convince me why it is so important to her.

So basically she gets her own way and you do as your told ??

*Makes whip cracking noise*

;) .. just jesting.

oldmarine
07-Jul-08, 02:02

If you want to put it that way, that's okay with me. I have found that during my 83 years on this mudball I can get along much better by agreeing with my wife.

danc1ngwitch
08-Jul-08, 18:46

*Makes whip cracking noise*

;) .. just jesting.
errrrr or just not a selfish person, rare in this time and age:Razz

Lord Flasheart
08-Jul-08, 19:24
Jeez .. I was just kidding.

I found that I get along better on this mudball after divorcing my wife but Oldmarine if it works for you (and it obviously does) then fair play to you.

In my position I find the women I go out with seem really put out that I want to live my live my way, and I dont see how that makes me selfish. If a woman does that she is seen as "Independent", If women are the stronger sex then why do they always seem to be pushing men to get married or move in together ??, thats what happened with my last two girlfriends.

Both got the spanish fiddler and then claimed it was me being "selfish" "unreasonable" "Unable to commit" etc stc. It isnt, i just like life on my terms and I certainly dont want to be "that guy" being dragged round Primark at 4 on a Saturday looking like he has been slapped with a wet fish.

danc1ngwitch
08-Jul-08, 19:27
Jeez .. I was just kidding.

I found that I get along better on this mudball after divorcing my wife but Oldmarine if it works for you (and it obviously does) then fair play to you.

In my position I find the women I go out with seem really put out that I want to live my live my way, and I dont see how that makes me selfish. If a woman does that she is seen as "Independent", If women are the stronger sex then why do they always seem to be pushing men to get married or move in together ??, thats what happened with my last two girlfriends.

Both got the spanish fiddler and then claimed it was me being "selfish" "unreasonable" "Unable to commit" etc stc. It isnt, i just like life on my terms and I certainly dont want to be "that guy" being dragged round Primark at 4 on a Saturday looking like he has been slapped with a wet fish.
yep, u got the free will alright[lol] ( settle grettle );)