PDA

View Full Version : Who's Online? Does it matter?

helenwyler
02-Jul-08, 12:29
The Who's Online facility at the bottom of the page seems to have disappeared, maybe temporarily. :eek:

Did you use it? I did, just to know if my .org pals and favourite posters were 'there' or not.

Does it matter to you to know who's online, or just not invisible?

Not knowing makes me feel a bit lonely....is there anybody there????:(

angela5
02-Jul-08, 12:31
My on-line facility is still there.
But sendng pm's option has disappeared.

Sandra_B
02-Jul-08, 12:33
I don't think I've ever used the "who's online" feature before.

We're not alone though...

54 members and 213 guests
Most users ever online was 639, 15-Apr-08 at 17:39.

mrs_algaliarept
02-Jul-08, 12:35
I don't think I've ever used the "who's online" feature before.

We're not alone though...

I can't see that bit anywhere, and have a link for private messages but am no seeing anyway of sending one, but then maybe am just being thick [lol]

angela5

I don't see that anymore!! Not that it matters anyway.:D

helenwyler
My on-line facility is still there.
But sendng pm's option has disappeared.

I meant at the bottom of the page angela5. It's still on the Quick Links for me :confused. No PMs?....gremlins on the org maybe :eek:.

Angela
I'm here Helen :).....but I can't see a 'Who's online' list either.

I agree, it does feel a little bit lonely, but I can't really justify complaining because I often choose to appear invisible anyway!;)

angela5
02-Jul-08, 12:36
I meant at the bottom of the page angela5. It's still on the Quick Links for me :confused. No PMs?....gremlins on the org maybe :eek:.

Ok, well i can't see that either.[lol]

helenwyler
02-Jul-08, 12:38
I'm here Helen :).....but I can't see a 'Who's online' list either.

I agree, it does feel a little bit lonely, but I can't really justify complaining because I often choose to appear invisible anyway!;)

Your little green light is a great comfort in these troubled times, Angela ;).

trix
02-Jul-08, 15:23
am wi ye helen.....

'iss mornin i thot i wis 'e only orger in orgland :eek:

i lek til see who's on an i hev a little cross beside ma buddies...

bring back 'e list :(

Margaret M.
02-Jul-08, 15:24
I seldom check the list but it's not there. Setting the cursor over the title of a thread on the main page normally gives us a quick look at the first post but that feature is also gone.

laguna2
02-Jul-08, 15:28
I seldom check the list but it's not there. Setting the cursor over the title of a thread on the main page normally gives us a quick look at the first post but that feature is also gone.

Whew! I thought I had done something daft and that was why I couldn't see who was on line, or have a peek at the first post of a thread!

trix
02-Jul-08, 15:31
aye, margaret, i miss 'at bit too :(

Angela
02-Jul-08, 15:35
Has chat vanished as well? :confused...or do I need new glasses? :roll:

Thumper
02-Jul-08, 16:09
I always check the who's online bit,that way if I want to pm somebody I know whether or not I can expect a reply quickly so I dont sign off just as they are replying x

Tighsonas4
02-Jul-08, 16:58
I always check the who's online bit,that way if I want to pm somebody I know whether or not I can expect a reply quickly so I dont sign off just as they are replying x
that is the main reason or one of them that i used it for
it was possibly used more than we think tony

trix
02-Jul-08, 17:10
i lek til use 'e list too tony...

it sumtimes gied me inspiration til pm 'e leks o' yersel an a few ithers....

plus, ye could check til see fit ither fowlk are lookin at :lol:

joxville
02-Jul-08, 18:25
i lek til see who's on an i hev a little cross beside ma buddies...

Thanks for that info trix...I've wondered for ages why some names have a cross against them...not realising the coincidence of them being buddies.:o

Colin Manson
02-Jul-08, 19:10
I've disabled quite a few options in an attempt to prevent the constant server crashes.

I've just switched off Redirection Message Pages. So be patient once you've clicked the Submit button.

Hopefully this will help a little but the visitor numbers for all part of the site take a but jump at this time of year and we were already pushing the server as it was.

If the server doesn't settle down I'll have to limit the forum based upon server load and that wont be fun for anyone.

rfr10
02-Jul-08, 20:34
Would it not help by deleting some of the very old threads that probably no one reads anymore? I suppose then, that changes the post counts.