PDA

View Full Version : reincarnation...

trix
02-Jul-08, 10:49
i ken we'v spoken aboot 'iss before but am readin loads aboot'ed ifanow by silvia browne an am even more convinced aboot 'e whole thing....

so, whats yer take on'ed?

fact or fiction? - cana be more fiction than 'e bible surly??

MGM
02-Jul-08, 10:59
I like to think that there is something after we pass on, it may not be fact but nobody can prove any different can they! You hear so many stories of people remembering things that havent happened to them in this life but in another. Im with you on this one trix!

mrs_algaliarept
02-Jul-08, 11:00
I like to believe in reincarnation, I think it sounds great.

I remember from school think it was Buddhists or something like that, that believed in it and they had a cycle for it depending on how good you are in life. The better you were in life you would be a cat or dog etc and if really good you would get to come back as human at least I think that is what it was my memory is a little patchy

cuddlepop
02-Jul-08, 11:21
i too believei it exsits too
Its like my mother use to say about my youngest and other babies she'd encountered
"you've been here before".

Over the years I've ben able to pick up on a babys ,been here got the tshirt vibe too.

Think some dogs I've met have been human before.:)

tisme
02-Jul-08, 11:26
Yeah n some humans I have met have been proper dogs!![lol]

wifie
02-Jul-08, 13:10
Well all I can say today is that I must have been REAL bad in a previous life!

angela5
02-Jul-08, 13:17

I say that everyday.:(

Phoebus_Apollo
02-Jul-08, 13:28
I think the reality is that we get eated by worms...so in essence we do become part of the earth.

justine
02-Jul-08, 14:32
knowing what the world has become in the forty years i have been around, i dont think i would want to come back after death, not that i believe in reincarnation, but each to their own on this one..

teenybash
02-Jul-08, 14:36
Reincarnation? A definate yes. I think most of us have 'been here before.'
Many children till around the age of six can recall parts of their past lives and sometimes in great detail, though later these 'memories' are lost....perhaps to them being put down to being an over imaginative child and discouraged from day dreaming.
I have came across a few interesting stories of children and even some adults 'remembering.'....including myself.........but that's another thread.[para]

trix
02-Jul-08, 15:08

apparently (according til silvia browne) ye write up a chart for yersel when yer on 'e ither side an ye actually choose what happens til ye.
'iss all goes on before ye go intil a wifies womb til be born.

its a hard idea til grasp.....

as some o' ye's ken fie before i was regressed intil a past life, a little deif black lascie in africa i telt 'e regresser....

katarina
02-Jul-08, 15:33
apparently (according til silvia browne) ye write up a chart for yersel when yer on 'e ither side an ye actually choose what happens til ye.

as some o' ye's ken fie before i was regressed intil a past life, a little deif black lascie in africa i telt 'e regresser....

How does iss silvia browne know all iss en?

trix
02-Jul-08, 15:35
How does iss silvia browne know all iss en?

well, apparently she hes a spirit guide who tells her all 'e crack...francine her name is.

iv read 2 o' her books an in 'e middle o' readin her third.

katarina
02-Jul-08, 15:44
well, apparently she hes a spirit guide who tells her all 'e crack...francine her name is.

iv read 2 o' her books an in 'e middle o' readin her third.

I've read Doris stokes book, and another whose name I cant remember - rita somebody, both well known mediums. both were 'don't knows' when it came to reincarnation. I think i might have a read of this silvia browne

trix
02-Jul-08, 15:48
yeah, ye should katarina....

life on the other side its called....

am readin 'the other side an back' ifanow...

agat
02-Jul-08, 15:52
i remember story told by my friend when she was teenager she had nightmares. it started with her first period and lasted for few years almost every day. in her dreame she was being raped. and she wasnt her. some details of the dreams were always the same other were different as if she was seeing thing from different angles. her parents thought it may be down to watching a movie in which she saw something similiar. then they thought it may be the stress of becoming woman and hormonal changes. then they thought what if its like preminition. eventualy they send her to a psycholog who decided to use hypnosis to find out whats the reason behind that as he thought she may be a victim of parental abuse. when he finished the sesion he was dissapointed as she was telling a story of young girl being raped by soldiers during the 1 world war.what was amazing my friends voice and accent changed while she was speaking under hypnosis sshe was using words long time unused and describing details of which she could not have known. when they researched all the information they found the girl my friend was dreaming off. i dont know was it a genetic memory we all is said to have or she overheard that story somewhere or she was that girl or maybe the gost reached to her. the dreams stoped after she visited the villige and cemetary on which the body was burried. i am sceptic but i sometimes wonder...

Thumper
02-Jul-08, 16:04
I believe in past life,although most of my friends and family laugh at me for that belief!My son is very "scientific" and can "prove" to me that I am talking rubbish...but then again I talk rubbish a lot so why is this any different?;)x

trix
02-Jul-08, 16:08
see now, how can people no believe efter hearin aboot stories lek 'at yet they believe that noah took all 'e animals in 'e arc 2 by 2 :eek:

i wis readin 'e bible 'e ither day - samson an delilah...

3 times she asked him aboot his powers an 3 times he lied. all these times she betrayed him.....then he telt her 'e truth! that his power lay in his hair.....to which she betrayed him again an shaved off his hair....:roll:

(now come on....wis he stupid!!?)

how do people believe 'at but then dis real experiences that real people hev....experienced :lol:

porshiepoo
02-Jul-08, 18:36
I most definitely believe in reincarnation.
I believe that 'on the other side' we prepare a blueprint of the life we want to lead this time round in order to 'learn' and 'experience', with the final aim being to become as spiritually superior as we can on the other side.

I do not believe in Hell. I believe the closest we get to 'hell' is when we pass over, become a pure spirit again and have to acknowledge the life we have just left and the way we led it. Scary for many I would have thought!
The lessons we learn in this life will determine what we choose to learn in the next life if in fact we actually decide to come back.

Personally, I'm hoping this is the last time round for me. I don't think this planet is going be a very nice place to be in the future and i'd rather watch from a distance if that's possible.
Unless of course we can maybe reincarnate to another planet or being? :lol:

scorrie
02-Jul-08, 19:41
I've read Doris stokes book, and another whose name I cant remember - rita somebody, both well known mediums. both were 'don't knows' when it came to reincarnation. I think i might have a read of this silvia browne

I used to puzzle waiters by asking for a Doris Stokes steak.

I don't believe in reincarnation because I see no way to carry anything from this life into the next. It all resides in the brain and when the brain dies that's it as far as I am concerned.

This is the only form of reincarnation that exists in our world:-

http://www.nestle.ca/NR/rdonlyres/75BFC40B-C7E1-4CBB-A1B1-A3ACD4F109C0/0/216091_CarnEng_Evp_3D.jpg

;)

domino
02-Jul-08, 19:51
I believe that some religions views on reincarnation must,like the Bible, be taken with a pinch of salt. Everybody to their own.Tibetan Buddhists believe that you cannot be reincarnated as anything else but a human being.

joxville
02-Jul-08, 20:24
I believe in reincarnation and maybe one day I'll come back and prove it.[lol]

poppett
03-Jul-08, 18:02
Two weeks prior to his death ten years ago my brother in law announced he was going to come back as a seagull. We would know if he had as everytime I parked the car somewhere I shouldn`t it would be covered in seagull poo..............I did, he did, and it`s good enough for me to believe we have lived a previous life or are passing here to go on to another.

He had a bad left legged limp following a hip operation and we have recently been befriended by a left legged limping seagull X 2......According to the family this second seagull is the brother of the first who wasn`t sure, but said I`ll do the same when I go..........so I guess he got his wish granted.

Valerie Campbell
03-Jul-08, 18:38
I don't know if reincarnation is true or not. I think perhaps it's more wishful thinking for those who have happy lives but who knows? If I was to be reincarnated though, I'd come back as a scorrie. Living by the sea, eating free food and being a bit mischievous at times!!!

Rheghead
03-Jul-08, 19:05
i ken we'v spoken aboot 'iss before but am readin loads aboot'ed ifanow by silvia browne an am even more convinced aboot 'e whole thing....

fact or fiction? - cana be more fiction than 'e bible surly??

It has to be fiction cos there are no facts to prove it.

trix
03-Jul-08, 19:33
It has to be fiction cos there are no facts to prove it.

maybe nothin solid but lots o' people hev hed different experiences which hev left them in absoloutly no doubt that there is life efter death on 'e ither side....

choost because ye hevna hed an experience lek 'iss disna mean its no real....

noone can be that ignorant surly?? :eek:

its healthy til keep an open mind....

grumpy1
03-Jul-08, 19:42
I like to believe we come back, i was told recently by a spiritualist medium that i have a special bond with my son as we have been together before.. i first found that comment really eerie but i think its really nice to know there may be more for us and with familiar people

Kevin Milkins
03-Jul-08, 19:47
Two weeks prior to his death ten years ago my brother in law announced he was going to come back as a seagull. We would know if he had as everytime I parked the car somewhere I shouldn`t it would be covered in seagull poo..............I did, he did, and it`s good enough for me to believe we have lived a previous life or are passing here to go on to another.

He had a bad left legged limp following a hip operation and we have recently been befriended by a left legged limping seagull X 2......According to the family this second seagull is the brother of the first who wasn`t sure, but said I`ll do the same when I go..........so I guess he got his wish granted.

That seagull with a limp is proberbly the one I threw a stick at for having a dump on my car just as I finished washing it.:mad:

trix
03-Jul-08, 19:48
i think its strange how sometimes ye can tell if someone is an auld soul or no...

ye choost get a feelin that they're somehow wiser til a degree that i suppose cana be explained in any ither way except they hev been here before, maybe several times.

even a young child can come across an an 'auld soul' someteimes, in that they are more sensitive til situations....?

maybe iv been readin too much but alot people iv spoken til agree wi 'iss...

trix
03-Jul-08, 19:50
That seagull with a limp is proberbly the one I threw a stick at for having a dump on my car just as I finished washing it.:mad:

be damned til hell kev [evil] - :lol:

Liz
03-Jul-08, 22:44
I do believe in life after death but not sure about reincarnation. Once is enough for me!:roll:

Also, it's a bit scary as if you have lots of 'lifetimes' then which one is the 'real' you. I would hope to be 'me' in the next life and not an amalgam of all my other lives if you know what I mean? Hard to explain!:confused

TBH
03-Jul-08, 23:06
Where do all the new souls come from?

katarina
04-Jul-08, 14:50

You mean Fred West's children actually wrote a chart about what they wanted to happen to them??????

trix
04-Jul-08, 16:06
You mean Fred West's children actually wrote a chart about what they wanted to happen to them??????

yer missin 'e point katarina....

noone wants til be harmed in 'iss life but perhaps when yer on 'e ither side ye see 'e bigger picture. life on iss side is such a small percentage o' time compared to infinity...

in 'iss lifetime ye are only a small fraction o' who ye are on 'e itherside.

it wid take a brave soul to take on the role o' 'e victim, a very special soul indeed.
dependin on 'e ither lives the soul hes experienced in ither lifetimes, perhaps a challange was required to experience what hard times really are.

plus....when these children/souls ye mentioned took on the job of bein these victims, it prevented other souls goin thro it. i guess it wis gona happen anyway.....would ye step up til prevent ithers fie sufferin?

perhaps these souls needed til experience complete hardship to get on to the next level (on 'e itherside) of complete awareness....maybe its the last time they will ever choose to come to this earth an want to experience what its lek til be sufferin, i mean, really sufferin.

choost a thought....i da ken, am only speculatin on what i think an what iv read...

i da ken where new souls come fie TBH, maybe there are none, only young ones - souls who have refused to come back after the 1st or 2nd time...

Rheghead
04-Jul-08, 17:46

And where do they find the storage space for the old ones without Heaven looking too cluttered?:confused

trix
04-Jul-08, 18:32
And where do they find the storage space for the old ones without Heaven looking too cluttered?

i guess its a bit lek recycling...

some souls choosts keep goin back intil bodys efter they hev evaluated the life they hev choost led. ones that da come back...they choost frolic by 'e river :lol:

sometimes if a person hes suffered immensly at 'e end or have a level o' confusion, caused by dementia an 'e leks, they go til a place on 'e itherside called 'e watch tower til rest an recouperate. angels look efter them an watch them as they cleanse themsels or what ever has hampered their smooth return Home.

its no called heaven rhegheid :roll: if there wis a heaven then there wid hev til be a hell.

its called Home - get'ed rite :Razz

Angela
04-Jul-08, 18:45
I do believe in life after death but not sure about reincarnation. Once is enough for me!

I feel the same, Liz. I don't feel comfortable with the idea of coming back as another person and having to start all over again....:(....and I have a horribly worrying feeling I might come back as a cockroach or a worm! :eek: I suppose it would be a short life though, and then on to the next one!

Rheghead
04-Jul-08, 18:58
The Big Crunch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Crunch) may offer some common ground for those wanting to come back or seeking an afterlife.

TBH
04-Jul-08, 20:26
And where do they find the storage space for the old ones without Heaven looking too cluttered?:confusedSome are stuck on the soul train, I think Scotrail has the contract.

Tilter
04-Jul-08, 20:34

They're having a lot of fun and reproducing like the proverbial rabbit while they're in limbo waiting for their next incarnation of course. How else do you explain the population explosion?

TBH
04-Jul-08, 20:38
They're having a lot of fun and reproducing like the proverbial rabbit while they're in limbo waiting for their next incarnation of course. How else do you explain the population explosion?Souls can breed then? Curiouser and curiouser.:eek:

scorrie
04-Jul-08, 22:50
The Big Crunch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Crunch) may offer some common ground for those wanting to come back or seeking an afterlife.

The Big Crunch has already happened:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/King-sized-Crunchie-769682.jpg

Tilter
05-Jul-08, 17:31
Souls can breed then? Curiouser and curiouser.:eek:

Well yes - in a manner of speaking, and if you follow the reincarnation philosophy. You die, get put in the ground, decay down, produce loads of maggots, and so on back up the food chain. But then there's only x amount of molecules to start with isn't there. Maybe all the sainted souls heading off for nirvana leave room/molecules behind............

Fluff
05-Jul-08, 19:32
I don't know if I believe in it, but I do know that if it does exist, I want to come back as a duck!

scorrie
05-Jul-08, 21:03
I most definitely believe in reincarnation.
I believe that 'on the other side' we prepare a blueprint of the life we want to lead this time round in order to 'learn' and 'experience', with the final aim being to become as spiritually superior as we can on the other side.

I do not believe in Hell. I believe the closest we get to 'hell' is when we pass over, become a pure spirit again and have to acknowledge the life we have just left and the way we led it. Scary for many I would have thought!
The lessons we learn in this life will determine what we choose to learn in the next life if in fact we actually decide to come back.

Personally, I'm hoping this is the last time round for me. I don't think this planet is going be a very nice place to be in the future and i'd rather watch from a distance if that's possible.
Unless of course we can maybe reincarnate to another planet or being? :lol:

Surely, if the aim is to become "Spiritually superior on the other side", then it matters little what happens while we are on Planet Earth? In fact, I would think it essential to experience "Hell-on-Earth" in order to move towards full learning and spiritual perfection. If you hold that theory to be correct, then some soul had to volunteer to be Ian Huntley and slaughter young children in order to "learn" for the enhancement of their soul. They would possibly gain greater soul enrichment from knowing that they had also helped two other souls to enhance their spiritual superiority, by being resident in the bodies of the murdered girls. In my opinion, if you believe in that system, there is then no point in worrying about good and evil on Earth. It all then comes down to being a training ground for immortal souls who are doomed to know no rest for infinity. Quite a depressing thought for me!!

I have heard it put forward another way i.e. that the purpose of reincarnation is to help us to learn and improve ourselves when we are in THIS, mortal, life which we know much more about. The human race has been about for a long time now and, although it has made technological advancements, can hardly be said to be any better than it was. The same old sins and atrocities are carried out every single day and we are no more spiritually enriched as a race. Could you show your planet off with pride in any Interplanetary Conference that may ever take place?

It is bizarre to think that a soul comes down and pops into the body of some unborn child. The simple, and unexciting, fact is that we are all a product of a mother's egg and a father's sperm. Their genes, and the way they bring you up, are what shape the person you are, along with the individuality that you gain from being a one-off product, not identical to either parent but a mixture of the two.

katarina
06-Jul-08, 19:04
yer missin 'e point katarina....

noone wants til be harmed in 'iss life but perhaps when yer on 'e ither side ye see 'e bigger picture. life on iss side is such a small percentage o' time compared to infinity...

in 'iss lifetime ye are only a small fraction o' who ye are on 'e itherside.

it wid take a brave soul to take on the role o' 'e victim, a very special soul indeed.
dependin on 'e ither lives the soul hes experienced in ither lifetimes, perhaps a challange was required to experience what hard times really are.

plus....when these children/souls ye mentioned took on the job of bein these victims, it prevented other souls goin thro it. i guess it wis gona happen anyway.....would ye step up til prevent ithers fie sufferin?

perhaps these souls needed til experience complete hardship to get on to the next level (on 'e itherside) of complete awareness....maybe its the last time they will ever choose to come to this earth an want to experience what its lek til be sufferin, i mean, really sufferin.

choost a thought....i da ken, am only speculatin on what i think an what iv read...

i da ken where new souls come fie TBH, maybe there are none, only young ones - souls who have refused to come back after the 1st or 2nd time...

I would rather think that Fred West had his own choices to make and made bad ones - maybe through some physical damage in his brain, and that murder is not suppose to happen and he will at this moment be suffering the punishment for his crimes, and that the poor craturs he killed will get a chance at happiness in this world by reincarnation. Well that's what I would LIKE to think - rather than that pain and suffering HAS to happen.
I mean if it was pre-ordained that he, and others like him, were to act the way they do, then how can they be guilty of anything? Yet we are told that man does have freedom of choice - do i sound as confused as I feel?

And - just coming up with senarios here- how about the concept that all souls were there from the beginning? They live in the spirit world waiting for their shot at mortality - and they keep coming back till they have progressed as far as they possibly can - don't ask me where all that came from just now. I'm not saying i believe it - it just seems more plausable than the other.

TBH
06-Jul-08, 21:48
i da ken where new souls come fie TBH, maybe there are none, only young ones - souls who have refused to come back after the 1st or 2nd time...If no new souls are produced then how can there be so many humans on the earth as the population gets bigger and bigger. Are soul-mates people that share one soul between them, Some suffering in life and the others revelling in it?

scorrie
06-Jul-08, 22:58
If no new souls are produced then how can there be so many humans on the earth as the population gets bigger and bigger. Are soul-mates people that share one soul between them, Some suffering in life and the others revelling in it?

It is estimated that the world population in the year 10,000 BC was 1 Million. Of course, some people will tell you that Adam didn't come along until about 5000 years later. Never mind that for now, we'll assume it was 1 million. Now we are up to six billion plus and growing at an exponential rate. This tells us that there must have been an awful lot of patient souls waiting for their chance. If any soul has been "In" more than once already, then that is hardly fair on those who were waiting for 12,000 years to get a shottie. Perhaps there is a grading on souls, the top ones being A graded and get first dabs on the new foetus. B graders have to wait until all the A's have had a go etc etc. Any soul rated Z is forced to become either Hitler or Graham Norton.

Judging by the state of our world, a huge number of R souls are currently among us. ;)

Kevin Milkins
06-Jul-08, 23:33
If I was to come back I think I would like to come back as one of my pets.
I know all of my pets have had the best life can give.

TBH
06-Jul-08, 23:46
It is estimated that the world population in the year 10,000 BC was 1 Million. Of course, some people will tell you that Adam didn't come along until about 5000 years later. Never mind that for now, we'll assume it was 1 million. Now we are up to six billion plus and growing at an exponential rate. This tells us that there must have been an awful lot of patient souls waiting for their chance. If any soul has been "In" more than once already, then that is hardly fair on those who were waiting for 12,000 years to get a shottie. Perhaps there is a grading on souls, the top ones being A graded and get first dabs on the new foetus. B graders have to wait until all the A's have had a go etc etc. Any soul rated Z is forced to become either Hitler or Graham Norton.

Judging by the state of our world, a huge number of R souls are currently among us. ;) Fossils spoil the creation theory so Adam would be fictional anyway.:confused

trix
07-Jul-08, 12:26
If I was to come back I think I would like to come back as one of my pets.
I know all of my pets have had the best life can give.

sorry kev, apparently animals an humans hev completely different souls. ye'v no chance o' comin back as a pet :(

good point scorrie aboot 'e gradin system....

apparently there are gradin systems on 'e ither side.

1 bein extremely young an inexperienced souls,

7 bein total enlightment....when ye reach 'e 7th stage ye can become a spirit guide for a soul mate.

7s da come back again, they stay on 'e ither side an can become part o' 'e 'council'
apparently (sylvia browne again) life on 'e ither side is choost lek life on earth. everyone hes jobs til do, teachin an stuff - dependin on which level yer on. some souls are happy to bounce back an fore, collecting eperiences.

those 'bad/pure evil' souls such as hitler an 'e wests da get til go til 'e ither side. they die an instead o' angels comin til take them til 'e 'watchtower' til evaluate their recent life, they go straight tho 'a left door an back intil a womb....they'l never have enlightment or experience life at 'Home' they da hev a soul mate an they da hev a spitit guide. hell, they da even hev a consiounce.
so in a way, they are in hell. hell on earth. they'l never frolic by 'e river wi 'e guid guys.
an i suppose they do have freewill to an extent, in that they can change their minds aboot what they are doin anytime. souls accomodate life on earth, no 'e ither way aboot.

choost for 'e record, hitler was in incestious child, his father was his mothers uncle. as for the wests, both rose an fred was abused sexually, not by the opposite sex parent but by both mother an father, auntie, uncle, grany, grandad, brother an sister - talk aboot anything goes eh? :eek:

ma point bein that yeah, they had free will but also genetics an' enviromental issues MUST come into the equation....

also, (fie herrin til tatties) famous structures on earth such as 'e pyramids and 'e great sphinx is on 'e ither side, cept they have been maintained an are choost lek 'e day it wis complete. the souls who created them on earth, got their inspiration from when they were at 'Home'

katarina
07-Jul-08, 13:38
Fossils spoil the creation theory so Adam would be fistional anyway.:confused

no they don't

trix
07-Jul-08, 13:57
i da ken if im conterdictin masel here but i do believe in evolution - how can ye no?

i do believe that we started of as wee molecules, probably came fie 'e sea....as 'e earth wis completly covered by sea at one point, we would o' hed til!!

we then eventualy grew til survive when 'e water drained awie, probly grew airms an swung aboot trees. then one day, we grew leigs that enabled us til walk an run....

how we now hev til pay tax an morgages is an just a continual o' 'e long evolution process.....

how 'at fits intil ma whole reincarnation theory....i hev no idea :mad::mad:

maybe it wilna be long before we find oot.....i mean they didna ken anythin aboot dinasours til 1897 :eek:

readin alot aboot subatomic particles and quantum physics in general ifanow.....its kinda blown ma mind a bit....

Bhor once said that a person who wasnt outraged on first hearin aboot the quantum theory didna understand what they'd choost heard...
Heisenburgh, when asked how one could envision an atom, replied 'dina try'...

Tilter
07-Jul-08, 14:20
sorry kev, apparently animals an humans hev completely different souls.
Hi Trix, just wondering why animals would have different souls to humans. What's the theory behind that?

trix
07-Jul-08, 16:35
Hi Trix, just wondering why animals would have different souls to humans. What's the theory behind that?

i da ken tilters, i mind readin aboot'ed. il hev til do a bit 'o research on 'at one....

il hev a looky thro ma book til see what 'e score is....;)

Kevin Milkins
07-Jul-08, 18:23
Evolution must be the way to the truth for sure.

I seen it on the Guinness advert. :roll:

percy toboggan
07-Jul-08, 18:29
Such thoughts, are I fear for those who cannot emotionally stomach the finality of death.
That said, and if I'm wrong I'd like to come back as a fully fledged sledge, or bobsleigh.
On the Cresta run perhaps...for I feel I may have been a luge in past life. It's all about progress.

helenwyler
07-Jul-08, 18:44
...for I feel I may have been a luge in past life. It's all about progress.

I thought you meant louche at first, percy ;). Had to look it up!

percy toboggan
07-Jul-08, 19:28
I thought you meant louche at first, percy ;). Had to look it up!
I was louche too, for a while back there in the nineties.
Drunken soak on two wheels with a devil may care attitude.
Then I woke up.:Razz

scorrie
07-Jul-08, 20:56
no they don't

Care to elaborate on this?

trix
07-Jul-08, 21:03
Such thoughts, are I fear for those who cannot emotionally stomach the finality of death.

.....or for those who are not so narrow minded or ignorant to think that the field of physics is fully understood yet at this era of time, an that because we hev no solid evidence of life efter deith or reincarnation disna mean that it isna true....

DeHaviLand
07-Jul-08, 21:12
i da ken if im conterdictin masel here but i do believe in evolution - how can ye no?

maybe it wilna be long before we find oot.....i mean they didna ken anythin aboot dinasours til 1897 :eek:

Where is the proof for evolution? The 'missing link' remains just that. Darwin got it wrong, plain and simple.

Our ancestors have always known about dinosaurs! Way back then though, they called them "dragons". The word dinosaur was only invented in the 18th C.
Not everything in the bible is wrong. Try reading it as a historical document, and put aside the religious aspect. It may just open your eyes.

Try this site http://www.s8int.com

Sorry for 'snipping' your post

trix
07-Jul-08, 22:02
Where is the proof for evolution? The 'missing link' remains just that. Einstein got it wrong, plain and simple.

Our ancestors have always known about dinosaurs! Way back then though, they called them "dragons". The word dinosaur was only invented in the 18th C.
Not everything in the bible is wrong. Try reading it as a historical document, and put aside the religious aspect. It may just open your eyes.

Try this site http://www.s8int.com

Sorry for 'snipping' your post

i ken all aboot'ed dehav, cheers for 'e link tho, interestin.

ma eyes are open, i hev read 'e bible - several times....an i am aware that it is a great history book, albeit a little colourful....:roll:

they didna put 'e first dinosaur tilgither til...eh, well, no 'at long ago, an they got it wrong! previous til 'at, alot o'ed wis imagination....mythology.

am choost sayin that there is more stuff yet that we hevna learned aboot....that we da ken aboot.

i da believe that einstein did get it wrong - i da ken where 'e missin link is - yet ;)

DeHaviLand
07-Jul-08, 22:13
they didna put 'e first dinosaur tilgither til...eh, well, no 'at long ago, an they got it wrong! previous til 'at, alot o'ed wis imagination....mythology.

am choost sayin that there is more stuff yet that we hevna learned aboot....that we da ken aboot.

i da believe that einstein did get it wrong - i da ken where 'e missin link is - yet ;)

There is lots of evidence that suggests that man may have lived side by side with the dinosaur, or dragon. Its not necessarily mythological, though the educational establishment would like you to think that.

Do you really believe that one day we walked out of the swamp, and the next day we had the technological knowhow to build pyramids? A feat that we could barely manage today?

There is no missing link. Nature relies on survival of the fittest, and conformation to a norm. If a new born animal in a pack had two extra legs, because some gene inside it decided they may be handy, do you think the other pack members would let that animal live?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

TBH
07-Jul-08, 22:14
Care to elaborate on this?The devil made these fossils just to confuse us. Some people think the flintstones is a documentary.

trix
07-Jul-08, 22:27
There is lots of evidence that suggests that man may have lived side by side with the dinosaur, or dragon. Its not necessarily mythological, though the educational establishment would like you to think that.

Do you really believe that one day we walked out of the swamp, and the next day we had the technological knowhow to build pyramids? A feat that we could barely manage today?

There is no missing link. Nature relies on survival of the fittest, and conformation to a norm. If a new born animal in a pack had two extra legs, because some gene inside it decided they may be handy, do you think the other pack members would let that animal live?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

what evidence is there that humans lived along side dinosaurs? :confused

'e first bone that was found an recorded (an then lost again) wisna 'at long ago dehav....they didna even ken fit it wis :eek:

an yeah i do believe that we walked oot 'o a swamp one day an led us intil 'e lives we lead now....well obviously on a larger timescale but aye.

sayin 'at, when i read 'was god an astronaut?' i believed 'at too....still do til a certain degree.....[lol]

sure dis explain alot that cana be explained any ither way. an when ye think aboot'ed, in comparison til life efter death an reincarnation....a space alien comin doon til earth til impregnate a species is no 'at hard til take on board....

am flattered that ye felt 'e need til apologise but really....there wis no need!

DeHaviLand
07-Jul-08, 22:52
what evidence is there that humans lived along side humans? :confused

'e first bone that was found an recorded (an then lost again) wisna 'at long ago dehav....they didna even ken fit it wis :eek:

There are plenty examples of cave paintings where "dinosaurs" are represented. How did these ancient people know how to paint them if they had never seen one? Maybe they travelled back in time?

trix
07-Jul-08, 23:28
There are plenty examples of cave paintings where "dinosaurs" are represented. How did these ancient people know how to paint them if they had never seen one? Maybe they travelled back in time?

they also hev cave paintins o' people risin fie 'e deid an such lek.....:Razz

DeHaviLand
07-Jul-08, 23:33
they also hev cave paintins o' people risin fie 'e deid an such lek.....:Razz

Yeah! Where?:Razz

Kevin Milkins
07-Jul-08, 23:38
Yeah! Where?:Razz

In Liverpool

trix
07-Jul-08, 23:50
our ancesters were really spiritual...

they really believed in some sort o' afterlife. long long long before christianity....:Razz

i noticed someone mentioned 'at film zeitgest (is'ed??) in anither thread...goverment conspirys?

lots o' interestin theories about religion....

Kevin Milkins
07-Jul-08, 23:59
If we do get a second chance and could choose who I would aspire to be , it would be Thomas Telford for me.
What a guy

T-Bag
08-Jul-08, 00:23
I think i would die all over again if i came back as a bird,as iam so scared of the things,the way my luck goes in this life at the moment i'd probably come back as one.OH HELL NO....when am gone am gone.;)

Kevin Milkins
08-Jul-08, 00:30
I think i would die all over again if i came back as a bird,as iam so scared of the things,the way my luck goes in this life at the moment i'd probably come back as one.OH HELL NO....when am gone am gone.;)

Wellcome to the Org T-Bag

trix
08-Jul-08, 00:50
yeah, welcome t-bag ;)

T-Bag
08-Jul-08, 14:12
Ta very much.x:lol: What a nice welcome..

trix
08-Jul-08, 14:33
dehav....

i see ye'v hed a little think til yersel...??

i da think Einstein got it wrong no, but i think ye mite o' :roll::lol:

......an choost for 'e record, i think darwin wis prity spot on too [lol]

(really)roflm(litle)ao.....

scorrie
08-Jul-08, 15:07
dehav....

i da think Einstein got it wrong no, but i think ye mite o' :lol:

......an choost for 'e record, i think darwin wis prity spot on too [lol]

Now now Trix, Dehav edited that post to add something on, not to sub Einstein with Darwin.

I think there is a lot of proof that Man and Dinosaur co-existed. This first came to my notice when I saw the film 1 Million Years BC. Apart from Raquel Welch and a fur bikini, I noticed a few dinosaurs about as well. This blew away some theories I had been told of concerning Dinosaurs being extinct long before Man arrived on Earth. It also put back the invention of film cameras by quite a long way in history ;)

Fred Flintstone's lassie had a pet dinosaur as well, and Hanna Barbera could not have represented that if it had not been true. Cartoon rules are very strict.

The one thing that settles it for me is that Dinosaurs could never have died out without the assistance of Mankind. We are the masters at erasing the competition and they simply couldn't have disappeared without us having had a hand in it.

There never was a Brontosaurus though. Some cull mixed a heid up and with another body and invented himself something that never existed. Makes you wonder about how much we can trust the "experts"

TBH
08-Jul-08, 15:55
Einstein believed in Evolution then began to question it in later life, the Creationists got to him in the end.

danc1ngwitch
08-Jul-08, 19:25
I find what i read from Trix very interesting, Wise people where are they?
All to often people who dare to talk out are shot down.
I beleive there is something, a being, I dunno, something more powerful,
Holding more wisdom than any mortal man.
Ah now it sounds like i am saying this thing to be worshiped is a man.
Well how am i supposed to know?
Mother earth is the soarce of life and she will repair herself.
Reincarnation, most would probably say yes.
( circle of life )

martin macdonald
08-Jul-08, 19:38

fact or fiction? - cana be more fiction than 'e bible surly??im with the bible:cool:

trix
08-Jul-08, 19:49

'e reason that we cana build a pyramid these days is simply because we cana afford'ed....certainaly no because we da hev 'e technology.

it wis 'e army that built the pyramids.....

i ask how can 'e army no do it now? weel, simply cos 'e goverment hes 'e guys oot fightin a war that isna really ours [evil]

golach
08-Jul-08, 19:54
Just a thought? To all the pro-reincarnation Orgers in this thread, what were you in the past life?

Anne x
08-Jul-08, 20:00
I dont know about a past life !!! As this one is more than enough for me right now [lol]

golach
08-Jul-08, 20:10
I dont know about a past life !!! As this one is more than enough for me right now [lol]
Anne x , exactly me too. I am having too much fun in this life to worry about a so called after life[lol]

danc1ngwitch
08-Jul-08, 20:13
And is there any truth in the mean and miserable live the longest lives ??? ah i suppose em kind are not wanted for to move onward and upward.[lol] ops not saying that the above are mean and miserable, incase it sounds that way

twiglet
08-Jul-08, 20:38
I believe in reincarnation and also the afterlife. As for the Bible being fiction maybe stories don't make sense because some of it has been lost in translation or when compiled from ancient manuscripts, you never know what they left out! If it was done by men, (which it probly was) you can bet they missed out some important bits,lol. The Bible would have been very different if a woman had written it.

Would love to be regressed to find out who I was before. If I am ever ill with a fever, I always find myself in tudor dress walking in a formal garden. Perhaps my brains wishfull thinking.

DeHaviLand
08-Jul-08, 20:52
Now now Trix, Dehav edited that post to add something on, not to sub Einstein with Darwin.

I think there is a lot of proof that Man and Dinosaur co-existed. This first came to my notice when I saw the film 1 Million Years BC. Apart from Raquel Welch and a fur bikini, I noticed a few dinosaurs about as well. This blew away some theories I had been told of concerning Dinosaurs being extinct long before Man arrived on Earth. It also put back the invention of film cameras by quite a long way in history ;)

Fred Flintstone's lassie had a pet dinosaur as well, and Hanna Barbera could not have represented that if it had not been true. Cartoon rules are very strict.

The one thing that settles it for me is that Dinosaurs could never have died out without the assistance of Mankind. We are the masters at erasing the competition and they simply couldn't have disappeared without us having had a hand in it.

There never was a Brontosaurus though. Some cull mixed a heid up and with another body and invented himself something that never existed. Makes you wonder about how much we can trust the "experts"

OK, so I was caught having a senior moment. But you have to admit, one theorist looks pretty much like another these days. And one mans theorist may well be another mans freedom fighter.

I will concede though, that Einstein most probably got it right. Now isnt that gracious of me?;)

Sun Circle
08-Jul-08, 20:57
The longer I live, and the more I see, the more inclined I am to believe in re-incarnation. What Trix has been talking about makes a lot of sense to me. I wanted to comment on something Scorrie said a while back... sorry I'm a bit behind on the discussion!

It is bizarre to think that a soul comes down and pops into the body of some unborn child. The simple, and unexciting, fact is that we are all a product of a mother's egg and a father's sperm. Their genes, and the way they bring you up, are what shape the person you are, along with the individuality that you gain from being a one-off product, not identical to either parent but a mixture of the two.

What you described, Scorrie, is nothing short of a miracle! It isn't such a long time ago that we had no idea how all that genetics stuff worked. And now its basic school biology. So why not imagine that we've much more to learn... that perhaps an old soul does come down and pop into the body of an unborn child...

In my experience of being pregnant and raising a toddler, it seems more than plausible. Many babies and toddlers are wise beyond their years.

There's no doubt that toddlers do talk about stuff they surely haven't learned at home or on TV... my wee boy insists that when he was a daddy he owned a big yacht and sailed to America... and then other days he says that when he was a little girl he had a horse and cart and lived on a farm... maybe its just the overactive imagination of a two-year-old. Or maybe it is memories of previous incarnations. Who's to know? Its definately weird to listen to him! Its a shame they grow out of it so quickly when they start to readjust themselves to more "earthbound" ways of thinking.

Sun Circle

scorrie
08-Jul-08, 23:36
What you described, Scorrie, is nothing short of a miracle! It isn't such a long time ago that we had no idea how all that genetics stuff worked. And now its basic school biology. So why not imagine that we've much more to learn... that perhaps an old soul does come down and pop into the body of an unborn child...

The creation of a child could be described as a gift, but it could never be described as a miracle. It is so commonplace and easy, that we now have to take serious measures to prevent it from happening too often!!

I would rather tackle the problems that exist in the real world before addressing more fanciful notions. I think that is part of mankind's downfall, the notion of shooting at the stars while things need fixing just beyond his front gate.

trix
09-Jul-08, 00:42
Einstein believed in Evolution then began to question it in later life, the Creationists got to him in the end.

darwin too, apparently he died a christian....:confused

Oddquine
09-Jul-08, 00:50
TBH, you don't have to disagree about evolution to be a Christian.........you just can't be a fundamentalist right wing Christian

Metalattakk
09-Jul-08, 01:55

Never mind all that, 1 Million Years BC also saw the invention of colour, preceding the generally accepted date of discovery (1939, a third of the way through The Wizard Of Oz, and even then it was pretty grainy colour ;)) by quite some distance. Kudos to Raquel for that too.

TBH
09-Jul-08, 01:59
Never mind all that, 1 Million Years BC also saw the invention of colour, preceding the generally accepted date of discovery (1939, a third of the way through The Wizard Of Oz, and even then it was pretty grainy colour ;)) by quite some distance. Kudos to Raquel for that too.Ahh, the wonders of technicolour.

DeHaviLand
09-Jul-08, 20:50
dehav....

i da think Einstein got it wrong no, but i think ye mite o'

......an choost for 'e record, i think darwin wis prity spot on too

Now now Trix. I hope you're not trying to take credit for discovering my little faux pas. Seeing as I had already told your brother about it yesterday, and he confirmed that he phoned you and told you shortly after 2.00pm. And, your post then appears after 2.30pm!!! Shame on you.

trix
09-Jul-08, 22:16
Now now Trix. I hope you're not trying to take credit for discovering my little faux pas. Seeing as I had already told your brother about it yesterday, and he confirmed that he phoned you and told you shortly after 2.00pm. And, your post then appears after 2.30pm!!! Shame on you.

did i never tell ye.....da believe a word a brither says - not a word! :lol:

it wis 4 o clock when he foned me an it wis me that mentioned it til him initially - actually!! :Razz

how highly ye must think yersel by time ye think he's fonin me til speak aboot ye...!
sorry til disappoint but ye were actually an 'after thought'.

he did say ye were mortified tho....[lol]

DeHaviLand
09-Jul-08, 22:20
did i never tell ye.....da believe a word a brither says - not a word! :lol:

it wis 4 o clock when he foned me an it wis me that mentioned it til him initially - actually!! :Razz

how highly ye must think yersel by time ye think he's fonin me til speak aboot ye...!
sorry til disappoint but ye were actually an 'after thought'.

he did say ye were mortified tho....[lol]

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. You have been caught porky pie-ing. At least have the grace to own up.

trix
09-Jul-08, 22:27
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

ye never did ken 'e wemin very weel, did ye?

an anyway, least i ken 'e difference between einstein an darwin....:Razz[lol]

DeHaviLand
09-Jul-08, 22:59
ye never did ken 'e wemin very weel, did ye?

an anyway, least i ken 'e difference between einstein an darwin....:Razz[lol]

oh, na na na na na na. Large dose of growing up needed methinks[disgust]

trix
09-Jul-08, 23:06
oh, na na na na na na. Large dose of growing up needed methinks[disgust]

its choost as weel we dina all think lek ye....

wild mess our field o' science wid be in :Razz

Thomas Farmer
10-Jul-08, 15:44
Think ye will hev till send e' boys roond till pay him a visit (LOL)

trix
10-Jul-08, 17:03
Think ye will hev till send e' boys roond till pay him a visit (LOL)

choost one fonecall ;)