PDA

View Full Version : T in the park

~~Tides~~
01-Jul-08, 17:23
After deciding firmly that I didn't want to go throught the hassle of getting to the music festival again, watching Glastonbury has made me hanker after it. Anybody got, or know of someone who has, a spare ticket, looking for a buyer?

theone
02-Jul-08, 21:59
After deciding firmly that I didn't want to go throught the hassle of getting to the music festival again, watching Glastonbury has made me hanker after it. Anybody got, or know of someone who has, a spare ticket, looking for a buyer?

There's loads on ebay, generally going for £20 or £30 above face value, which for ebay isn't too bad.

Olin
03-Jul-08, 09:08
Is anybody going to T this year? I got my ticket sorted out but I've had a few cancellations with regards to who I'm travelling down with and actually camping with.... Feck!

Just wondering if anyone I know is going, not trying to stay or hijack someones tent just it would be good to know someone there lol

Donnie
03-Jul-08, 11:55
Im going! :)

Travelling from Aberdeen with a group of 41 and meeting another 6 Thurso folk there.

Olin
03-Jul-08, 12:49
nice one

Who all is going down from thurso?

also what bands you keen for seeing?

mrs_algaliarept
03-Jul-08, 15:44

Saw two tickets plus camping for sale in co-op notice board in Thurso, also saw something somewhere else but sorry canna remember where. Will post if remember :)

Tweety
03-Jul-08, 16:03
I have 1 weekend ticket for T in The Park with camping for sale. I posted it on the 'For Sale' board yesterday and someone rang about. They were going to forward on their details but havent done so yet so im not sure if they are still interested. If you are interested, please PM me!

Thanks x

catnip
04-Jul-08, 12:09
Our tickets arrived today (Snarfer and myself)
We could not get camping tickets this year (quite glad as I am full of this sore throat, cold bug that is doing the rounds)
so we just got the weekend tickets and are staying in a hotel in Perth, Wooo total luxury this year, clean toilet and running water!!!!

catnip
10-Jul-08, 10:17
See you all there !!!!!!!

golach
10-Jul-08, 10:19
Take your wellies!!!! its been raining for the last 8 hours, it will be fields on mud.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!

catnip
10-Jul-08, 10:36
Take your wellies!!!! its been raining for the last 8 hours, it will be fields on mud.....AGAIN!!!!!!!!

All prepared, got waterproof troosers, wellies and jackets. Snarfer and myself are not camping this year just going on Sat and Sun, going away today taking mother and our wee boy down to my sisters first then we head off tomorrow.

moncur
10-Jul-08, 10:39
Myself and about 12 other Thurso headcases are going down. Luckily I kept my 'over the trainer' wellies fae last year so will be taking them again. Leaving VERY early by car Friday morning hoping to get there about 8 or 9 to get the 15 man tent up lol

~~Tides~~
10-Jul-08, 12:27
Managed to secure a ticket, from my friend's brother's girlfriend's brother's workmate's son last week end!

Was just wondering if anybody knew: this no alcohol train, obviously there is no consumption of alcohol allowed, but are you still allowed to take your stock for the campsite in your luggage??

gollach
10-Jul-08, 12:43
Managed to secure a ticket, from my friend's brother's girlfriend's brother's workmate's son last week end!

Was just wondering if anybody knew: this no alcohol train, obviously there is no consumption of alcohol allowed, but are you still allowed to take your stock for the campsite in your luggage??

I read this in the paper too but it didn't mention anything about searching people's bags, just that you couldn't consume alcohol on the train. To be honest, I really wouldn't feel like drinking that early in the morning anyway :eek:

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Jul-08, 17:33
Hope y'all travelling by car bought your car parking tickets in advance. If not, you might have a very long wait on the motorway.

moncur
10-Jul-08, 17:51
Hope y'all travelling by car bought your car parking tickets in advance. If not, you might have a very long wait on the motorway.

yup, luckily i told ma mates who were gonna drive about the new car park passes. They've now made other travel arrangements.

With regards to the dry service on the train. I was led to believe that you cant carry drink on the train. But if you put it in a rucksack, who will know?

Valerie Campbell
10-Jul-08, 18:19
Well, everybody who's going, have a great time, regardless of weather!!

moncur
10-Jul-08, 18:34
found out that train down is just no drinking. Folk can take their carry-outs with them on the train.

gollach
10-Jul-08, 18:42

£17 for a car park ticket this year - crazy [evil]

tommy1979
10-Jul-08, 20:10
im selling a weekend with camping ticket for £120 if anyone is interested just pm me asap?

moncur
15-Jul-08, 19:38
what a weekend. very little rain on the friday night, scorchio the rest of the wkend. a good selection of bands young and old. apart from the stabbing and the heart attack fatality it was classed as a success and certainly made up for last years washout of a festival.

Snarfer
15-Jul-08, 21:47
Had a fantastic weekend managed to see, Eddie Grant, Stranglers, Biffy Clyro, Reverend and the makers, Pogues, Kaiser Chiefs, Shed 7, Amy Macdonald, The Hoosiers, Amy Winehouse, The Charlatans and REM and they were all great:D

gollach
15-Jul-08, 22:36
what a weekend. very little rain on the friday night, scorchio the rest of the wkend. a good selection of bands young and old. apart from the stabbing and the heart attack fatality it was classed as a success and certainly made up for last years washout of a festival.

Don't think it;s fair to call last year a wash out. It was very wet in the run up to the festival but it was great weather on both days.

Bought my ticket for next year this morning :D

Amy-Winehouse
15-Jul-08, 23:32
Did nobody think it was a bit of a NED-Fest??? I was kind of sick of gangs of tracksuit soldiers all buckfasted up to the eyeballs swarming around terrorizing normal festival goers.

TITP was better last year as the tents wernt ransacked as you slept or when you went to the Main arena- I heard numerous people complain on Sunday night about how they d been robbed on Saturday as throngs of thieves worked there way through the campsite.

Another thing I thought was absolutely wrong was the amount of revellers that didnt use the toilets!!! Okay the portaloos were usually blocked but hey what excuse is there for crapping , not beside a bush just where you stood?!!! And then walk away !!??? YUK.

Im glad the music was quite good, the Prodigy were ace as were Stereophonics but did anyone see the amount of fighting during Rage against the machine?? The Beeb missed that I bet.

All in all , it was a good weekend but I think Ill go to Rockness next year, the Ned Fest at TITP was a bit much

the_big_mac
16-Jul-08, 08:22
did anyone see the amount of fighting during Rage against the machine?? The Beeb missed that I bet.

Why am i not surprised!

Music fest's are great events, however when the wrong crowd turn up to watch a band normally outside their genre its hardly surprising that these things happen.

Do few searchs on youtube for "Devildriver pit" or "Lamd of god pit". If what you see there is anything like what you seen at TITP then its just moshing. If however it was more violent then its idiots who dont know whats going on and just start fighting.

Im all for other festivals, but just about every reason you gave in your post is why I hate the more mainstream fests. Well that and the bands! But thats just my taste.

gollach
16-Jul-08, 20:25
did anyone see the amount of fighting during Rage against the machine?? The Beeb missed that I bet.

BBC were refused permission to film Rage against the machine's set, so you won't see if on tv.

zebedy
17-Jul-08, 12:07
Any of you T in the pee folks catch my friends band Twin Atlantic?

There in kerrang this week too (Y)

The most scottish band you will ever hear!

Kerrang has dubbed them as the new Biffy Clyro :O

~~Tides~~
18-Jul-08, 19:44
Thought T was fantastic this year. However, you cant call last year a washout, I managed to get a bit of sunstroke last year on the sunday!

Love the T break stage, popped in there a few times when there were no bands I really wanted see, and was thoughrally entertained everytime, not that I can remember any of the names of the band's I saw there.

Neds, there just a sad fact of life in Scotland. If you cant beat them, join them!!

~~Tides~~
18-Jul-08, 19:53
Do few searchs on youtube for "Devildriver pit" or "Lamd of god pit".

Did so... They look less fun than a sharp stick in the eye. Don't people die in those?

moncur
18-Jul-08, 20:17
Did so... They look less fun than a sharp stick in the eye. Don't people die in those?

Not if its a proper mosh pit. Most metal gigs/ festivals will find you being picked up before you've even touched the ground. Everyone looks after each other... like a wee moshpit community.

Worst pit accident i seen was at TITP last year when Lost Prophets played. they were one of the few 'heavy' bands there and some poor guy slipped in the mud during a pit and broke his leg good style.

TITP does the least safe mosh pits ever, basically due to the ned contigent and their idea of a mosh pit

goggs1987
20-Jul-08, 12:10
Was at T in the park too .... had an ace time!!

tryed to cram in as many bands as possible, open to all styles! (even went to see Gabriella Climi :Razz haha , her along with her band were brilliant!)

one band that really grabbed my attention over the weekend was an Irish trio called Fighting With Wire .... excellent!

but.....
Rage against the Machine completely wiped out every other band there, by miles! great to be at a gig where there is such an energetic atmosphere, doesnt happen very often!

as far as the moshing topic goes, yeah you get the odd that abuses the moshing oppertunity purely to go out and fight people ... and Tin the park is well equiped with many twats!! :lol: ... but i didnt really see any fights, just people in the pits with grins ear to ear!