PDA

View Full Version : Information on Pony Rides

flowertot
30-Jun-08, 16:50
Can anyone help with reference to what legislation is required to have pony rides at a Fun Day??

Regards

Bobinovich
30-Jun-08, 20:44
I would imagine that whichever company you're hiring for the pony rides would have their own insurance in place, as well as a range of safety gear and trained personnel. If you're not using a business you'll probably find the one-off insurance extortionate for a start.

EDIT: Oops, sorry - totally misread the question and thought it was asking about insurance, not legislation!

stixie
01-Jul-08, 09:13
I contacted the BHS when i was asked to use my horses for fun rides. They gave me an insurance package which had public liability insurance in it and was only around £50 for the year. It doesn't insure your horses, only the people you allow to ride and surroundings (cars, buildings etc etc). It will also cover you if you are to ride any horse (or anyone who is riding your horses anytime).

They will not cover you if you are doing it for money, so no hire and reward. But a third party took donations when i did it, to make money for their little stall. I didn't take a penny.

Hope this helps.