PDA

View Full Version : Rapsons

Karaoke Queen
06-Dec-05, 16:53
Just wondering .... Are Rapson coaches 'No Smoking'?

Uppiebalad
06-Dec-05, 16:57
Yes, unless you are the driver. (not all but one or two smoke in the driving seat)

Karaoke Queen
06-Dec-05, 17:08
How is it then that I'm seeing half a dozen or so young teenagers in the back seat smoking every day on these coaches?

EDDIE
06-Dec-05, 19:17
Its actually illegal for a bus driver to be smoking while driving

Uppiebalad
06-Dec-05, 20:51
There's part of the problem, the bus has window stickers it's length making clear that smoking isn't allowed whilst the driver (not all of them mind) sits there puffing away on a dirty rolley. Not setting a good example to the kids but HEY by the way it's not just kids who do. I've seen adults smoking as well, don't keep blaming the kids- they haven't been shown respect to know what it actually is!

angela5
06-Dec-05, 21:09
There's part of the problem, the bus has window stickers it's length making clear that smoking isn't allowed whilst the driver (not all of them mind) sits there puffing away on a dirty rolley. Not setting a good example to the kids but HEY by the way it's not just kids who do. I've seen adults smoking as well, don't keep blaming the kids- they haven't been shown respect to know what it actually is!

It's disgusting to share a bus with people who smoke, i thought all that had stopped if i seen a bus driver smoking a dirty rolley i would report him.
If he was a decent bus driver who did not smoke surley he is able to smell the smoke from the teenagers fags, and chuck them right off.

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 21:50
Its actually illegal for a bus driver to be smoking while drivingIs it ok if hes stuck in a traffic jam? Or on a tea break?

Big G
06-Dec-05, 21:57
When i used to get the bus to school from castletown, the smokers used to ask the bus driver if they could smoke at the back upstairs! he used to say yes as he was a smoker too! not nice if you are not a smoker and have 2 sit on a bus full with smoke!
And there was stickers on the windows!
See how on some buses it says there is cctv on the bus, is that actually true? as if there was a fight on a school bus i've never heard of them going to the cameras to see what happened! i think it is just to 'scare' kids into not being bad!!

Uppiebalad
06-Dec-05, 22:28
i will remind- it's ADULT too who smoke at the back of the bus not just the kids!
The buses we have up here are mostly 2nd or 3rd hand from down south. Those marked as having CCTV may still have a camera but Rapson's don't operate a system up here.

fed-ex
06-Dec-05, 22:36
Isnt there any bus conductors then, or are they smoking too?

EDDIE
07-Dec-05, 00:46
Well i smoke so i can relate to why a driver would smoke nicitine is terrible addiction

brandy
07-Dec-05, 10:12
i have been in that sit before when i was preg and having to go monthyly to raigmore a couple got on sat across from me and proceeded to dring lager and smoke .. i was feeling so sick i could hardly hold my head up and the smoke was making me gag.. i finally reached across and told them.. exscuse me but im preg and the smell of that smoke is making me sick could you please put it out.. they did .. but what infuriated me they were only on the bus for about 10 min total as they got off right outside inverness!

i refuse to put up with it now.. my oldest baby.. 2 1/2 suffers from asthma and there is no way in the world that it is acceptable to smoke around him .. expecially in a non smoking public transport..
when we go home to visit.. i let my mum know that she is welcome to spend as much time with the boys as she wants but she can not "light up" around them.. and that we do not stay with them because they both smoke in the house..
i just can not expose my children to life threatning situations