PDA

View Full Version : The Chat Room.

Kenn
30-Jun-08, 10:07
I feel very sorry for the quizzies and those who support their efforts by joining th quiz on Sunday nights as yet again the data base crashed and ruined all their efforts.
It has also become noticable that there are increasing problems with this part of The Org as even on a normal evening it has become commonplace for those chatting to be frozen out.
It would be such a shame to lose this as so many of us have made great friends and acquaintances over the years and it has so many moods ranging from hilarious banter to serious and informative.
I appreciate that it takes considerable bandwidth which is most probably the source of the problem.
Orgmasters put your thinking caps on.

joxville
30-Jun-08, 17:01
Thanks Lizz for starting this thread, I'm glad I'm not the only one that is fed up with being thrown out the chat room. Once again I was the quizzie and having spent a few hours making up a list of questions I am rather annoyed at not being able to get any further than question 1.

The scores are as follows: Stiggy=3,Andrew C=2,Venture=1.

If those taking part would like me to do the quiz again or want to declare Stiggy the winner then please pm me.

Tugmistress
30-Jun-08, 17:24
Tried getting in last night and just kept getting the database error :(

in a way i'm glad i didn't miss the quiz but really naffed off i did too ... if you understand what i mean lol

rfr10
30-Jun-08, 18:48
What irritates me is when I type a huge message on the forums which takes me about 5 minutes to write, click submit, then it says "Database Error" meaning that I have to type the whole message out again. Usually now though, if I'm typing a big message, I click Copy first just to make sure. It does get really irritating though.

Venture
30-Jun-08, 19:58
Yes thanks Lizz for bringing this up. It's been happening a lot lately and its a shame for all those who like myself enjoy the quiz. Poor joxville this is your second week of not being able to be quizzie because of problems with the org. Even when we complete a quiz its never free of people being thrown out in the middle of it by the revolving door. Many members who took part in the quiz use the chat room on a regular basis and they are a great bunch of friendly folk. Hopefully something can be done to improve things.........before next Sunday.

Im all for you doing the quiz next week joxville. Its a shame to waste the time you've put into it. Anyway it gives us a chance to swot up on the "nicknames". [lol]

stiggy
30-Jun-08, 20:39
Jox
I myself declare that you should do your quiz. I was just thrilled that I managed to finally get a question right and be the first to type.

So go for it Jox I can swat up on nicknames

oldmarine
01-Jul-08, 02:25
I feel very sorry for the quizzies and those who support their efforts by joining th quiz on Sunday nights as yet again the data base crashed and ruined all their efforts.
It has also become noticable that there are increasing problems with this part of The Org as even on a normal evening it has become commonplace for those chatting to be frozen out.
It would be such a shame to lose this as so many of us have made great friends and acquaintances over the years and it has so many moods ranging from hilarious banter to serious and informative.
I appreciate that it takes considerable bandwidth which is most probably the source of the problem.
Orgmasters put your thinking caps on.

LIZZ: I met you in the chat room, but have not made it back in since the reorganisation. Occasionally I find you in the forum such as now. Perhaps I will find my way back in again sometime in the future.

wifie
01-Jul-08, 03:29
Good thread Lizz - yep summat needs doin!
Poor old Jox - course we want you to quiz again - especially me cos I couldn't be there last Sunday anyway!
Hey Oldmarine hope you navigate yer way into Chat again soon!

twiglet
01-Jul-08, 09:13
Must agree Lizz, we know that the system is being updated but the new chat room seems to have just the same problems as the old one. Not being able to get into chat in the evenings and on quiz night is very frustrating. Have made a good bunch of friends on chat. Some friends are on msn, so we still get to chat but it's not quite the same. Looking forward to your quiz Jox.

Lets hope it gets sorted.

Lolabelle
01-Jul-08, 12:23
I still find it a bit much when it takes ages to get from hitting send to my post appearing in the chat.

joxville
01-Jul-08, 18:50
Thank you all here and those that pm'd me for the vote of confidence. Hope you can make it along this Sunday for Q.2 [lol]

_Ju_
01-Jul-08, 20:20
Glad it wasn't just me.........