PDA

View Full Version : When is art not art?

Kenn
05-Dec-05, 23:36
So what did you all make of the pile of old timber that has been a shed, then a boat and then a shed that has just wone The Turner Prize?
Whilst appreciating that a piece of wood can be beautiful and has an art form all it's own quite frankly I have seen better things on the local allotments.

Rheghead
05-Dec-05, 23:44
I think the point to that art has already made its mark in this thread. The shed is an excellent example of 'research based conceptual art'. The fact that it has its audience racking their minds on the value of it is one of its underpinning concepts.

Yes, it is just a shed :)

fed-ex
05-Dec-05, 23:45
So what did you all make of the pile of old timber that has been a shed, then a boat and then a shed that has just wone The Turner Prize?
Whilst appreciating that a piece of wood can be beautiful and has an art form all it's own quite frankly I have seen better things on the local allotments.When I was on holiday there ws an old caravan displayed as art. I couldnt resist going in for a look and I couldnt believe it. IT looked as if it had been vandalised with grafitti all over the walls and stickers with abuse all over the place and this had actually won first prize. But then this obviously art to a lot of people because they were queueing for up to half an hour to get in...........

Doleve
06-Dec-05, 14:25
Or reiss or lyth sites!!

Sporran
07-Dec-05, 02:05
Whilst appreciating that a piece of wood can be beautiful and has an art form all it's own quite frankly I have seen better things on the local allotments.
I think a large piece of driftwood might have been more interesting to look at! :rolleyes:

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 04:28
I think the point to that art has already made its mark in this thread. The shed is an excellent example of 'research based conceptual art'. The fact that it has its audience racking their minds on the value of it is one of its underpinning concepts.

Yes, it is just a shed :)

I think yer af yer heed what a waste o money tae think people are gona go and look at it, i've throw beter o e Ha, e boy how made it must on drugs.

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 20:19
As i said before i do not take drugs.