PDA

View Full Version : Asda

peter macdonald
29-Jun-08, 11:37
http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Supermarkets39-border-raid-on-SNP.4233967.jp

Really quite unimpressed by them over this matter The Scottish government whether you agree with them or not seem to be trying to do something about an age old Scottish problem and it seems that ASDA just dont give a monkeys
PM
maybe the Thurso 3 and Cllr Smith knew something we all didnt .......Hmmmmm No

Cattach
29-Jun-08, 11:50
http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Supermarkets39-border-raid-on-SNP.4233967.jp

Really quite unimpressed by them over this matter The Scottish government whether you agree with them or not seem to be trying to do something about an age old Scottish problem and it seems that ASDA just dont give a monkeys
PM
maybe the Thurso 3 and Cllr Smith knew something we all didnt .......Hmmmmm No

As for the big supermarkets one never knows what they are up to and what their motives are. But the 3 Thurso councillor knew next to nothing about anything except maybe their own interests.

changilass
29-Jun-08, 12:07
Going over the border was always going to happen, (for goodness sake folks go to France just to get cheap booze) Asda and other supermarkets are just going to be supplying the demand.

flowertot
29-Jun-08, 14:19
an excellent idea

pat
29-Jun-08, 15:58
It just happens that ASDA is the first to say they are planning or talking about doing it - every other company or individual to do with alcohol will have plans but have not talked openly about it yet.
The idea of raising the age to buy alcohol at an off licence is a wee bit daft - it certainly does not stop underage drinking at the moment so why should it make any difference if the age is raised a bit higher? Certainly does not make sense to me at all.
Make every bottle traceable to point and time of sale, the folk selling or supplying alcohol to underagers will think twice about the risk of being caught if the penalties for these crimes are very severe.

Valerie Campbell
30-Jun-08, 11:51
I know someone who made their 16 year old son smoke a packet of 20 cigarettes, one after the other. He never smoked again. Wonder if giving an 18 year old a bottle of alcohol would work in the same way...?

lazytown
30-Jun-08, 13:02
I know someone who made their 16 year old son smoke a packet of 20 cigarettes, one after the other. He never smoked again. Wonder if giving an 18 year old a bottle of alcohol would work in the same way...?

Haha...that brought back memories...my mum did that to me when I was about 14/15, I threw up everywhere (outside)...then she made be clean up the mess...I was vibrating from the nicotine overdose...lol...It didn't put me of smoking though.