PDA

View Full Version : New Book on sale now - local writer

catherine nicol
05-Dec-05, 23:11
I just thought that I would share this hot news with you all.

Local writer, Helen Campbell has released her first book called Brodie McHaggis goes in Search of the Loch Ness monster. An excellent read for all from 7 to 77 years old.

A steal at £6.99 and on sale now in D R Simpson and J Bews.

Go on get it for your loved ones now, don't sit there on xmas morning and wish you had purchased a copy before the stocks were all sold out.

I have mine on order and will be collecting tomorrow.

It is wonderful when someone local does big and here's hoping this book does big for Helen.

Good Luck Helen.

Love

DrSzin
06-Dec-05, 01:21
Well, I don't know what the book's like, but if Brodie McHaggis' website (http://www.brodiemchaggis.com/) is anything to go by, it should be a good laugh. I would buy a copy but it doesn't seem to be available online. :(

Derlyn
20-Jan-06, 21:56
A Really Entertaining Read

As I normally read thrillers or crime books I wasn't sure if Brodie McHaggis would be my sort of book, but as I know the author I thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done Helen, keep up the good work.

connieb19
20-Jan-06, 22:00
It sounds like a good fun book.. I think I shall read it shortly:D

lassieinfife
20-Jan-06, 22:19
even worse down here in fife... looked at me in bookshop like i was mental:confused

connieb19
20-Jan-06, 22:22
even worse down here in fife... looked at me in bookshop like i was mental:confused I'll get one for you from D R Simpsons and post it down to you if you like!! :D

landmarker
20-Jan-06, 22:23
Give us a brief synopsis please.
What's it like/about?

connieb19
20-Jan-06, 22:36
Give us a brief synopsis please.
What's it like/about?Click on Dr szin's link further up...sorry I don't know how to post a link or I would do it :D ;)

lassieinfife
20-Jan-06, 22:37
I'll get one for you from D R Simpsons and post it down to you if you like!! :D

Thanx Connie you are a pal ......... will send my address in pm...could you do same so that I can send money ta x

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:17
A Really Entertaining Read

As I normally read thrillers or crime books I wasn't sure if Brodie McHaggis would be my sort of book, but as I know the author I thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well done Helen, keep up the good work.
It sounds a good read i wonder if there areany left in D R Simpsons

scrapydoo
22-Jan-06, 15:18
Posted twice grrrrr

Brodie McHaggis
01-Feb-06, 20:03
I'm really delighted at all of your comments. There have been lots of good comments about my new book and Helen keeps getting asked when she will publish my next adventure. Probably late summer ... depending on when I get back in touch with her. I'm still in hiding and am frightened to come out because of the Burns Supper. Keep checking out my website www.brodiemchaggis.com (http://www.brodiemchaggis.com/) for any news from me. If you have any trouble getting my book, just let me know through the website. It's been ordered by people from the US and Canada too. I'm a bit nervous about everybody knowing about me in case they find out where I live ... I didn't think that people existed - but it looks like that you do. I couldn't believe that you didn't think I existed! Oops ... must go, haggis basher on the loose ...:(

RandomHero
01-Feb-06, 22:08
It's very good. Great artwork in it by a local lady aswell.

krieve
01-Feb-06, 22:10
It sounds a great read must get a copy.