PDA

View Full Version : Are you an 'iny' or 'outy'

joxville
27-Jun-08, 22:45
During a meeting at work today the subject came up of which way you place toilet roll on the holder,(it was a slow day)! Do you place it on the holder so that it feeds out from the top towards you,(an outy), or so that it feeds from underneath,(an iny). I also suggested that perhaps peoples personality decides how they place it. An extrovert will be an 'outy', and an introvert will be an 'iny'. Those that are somewhere between the two may not notice which way they put it. So which one are you? I'm an 'outy'.

northener
27-Jun-08, 22:48
Over the top - 'outy'.

Can't abide those who put it on the wrong way round. Wierdos. They should all be shot.

ett23
27-Jun-08, 22:51
Yes it really irritates me when i find a toilet roll that's round the wrong way - I'm also an 'outy'!! ;)

joxville
27-Jun-08, 23:00
I forgot to say that if I go into someone else's loo and find it the 'wrong' way round I have to put it to my liking.

Buttercup
27-Jun-08, 23:01
An Iny and proud of it. It annoys me so much to find it on the wrong way and I just have to change it. :D

northener
27-Jun-08, 23:03
An Iny and proud of it. It annoys me so much to find it on the wrong way and I just have to change it. :D

Heretic!

Burn the heretic!

Kevin Milkins
27-Jun-08, 23:34
I think I have lived a shelterd life.
I have square peices of the news of the world stuck on a long nail in an outside loo.
So how does it work .
Iny or outy:confused

joxville
27-Jun-08, 23:37
I think I have lived a shelterd life.
I have square peices of the news of the world stuck on a long nail in an outside loo.
So how does it work .
Iny or outy:confused

Don't you get fed up with your backside hitting the headlines? [lol]

Kevin Milkins
27-Jun-08, 23:57
Don't you get fed up with your backside hitting the headlines? [lol]

Myself ,Michael and Gary.
We are fed up with it.lol:D

Oddquine
28-Jun-08, 00:00
I'm an outy.........but I ain't no extrovert!

TBH
28-Jun-08, 00:09
Over the top - 'outy'.

Can't abide those who put it on the wrong way round. Wierdos. They should all be shot.

.I have to agree with you Northerner, innys should be shot.

Venture
28-Jun-08, 00:36
Yep Im an outy too. I think it reels out easier that way. Never really thought about it much before but will be checking everybody else's now. lol

Lord Flasheart
28-Jun-08, 01:47
I read the thread title and thought .. "Both"

Then I cleaned my mind up and realised it was a) about toilet roll and b)doesnt apply to me as I only use one square at a time. Its ecologically sound .. ;)

Thumper
28-Jun-08, 07:14
I am a iny and it drives me nuts when its the wrong way round!I have 2 loos and if the kids change it and put it the wrong way it drives me crazy...but I guess they are outys and I am an iny so I will just have to live with it ;) x

Cattach
28-Jun-08, 07:50
I'm an outy.........but I ain't no extrovert!

Me too! Always an outy, the only way.

northener
28-Jun-08, 08:46
65% to the 'outys'.

Now, lets go and drive those web-footed 'inys' out of town.
Or at least introduce a sytem of Apartheid to keep them down.

Ricco
28-Jun-08, 08:48
That's what I love about the org - you get some of the wierdest threads! Definitely an 'outy' whereas my OH is an 'iny'. It comes from your up-bringing and is perpetuated from generation to generation. An 'outy' does mean you can do that neat pointy fold in the first section. :lol:

joxville
28-Jun-08, 09:23
That's what I love about the org - you get some of the wierdest threads! Definitely an 'outy' whereas my OH is an 'iny'. It comes from your up-bringing and is perpetuated from generation to generation. An 'outy' does mean you can do that neat pointy fold in the first section. :lol:

Thanks Ricco, I'll take that as a back-handed compliment.:D
I'm going to a family barbecue this afternoon so will need to find out from them too.:D

oldmarine
28-Jun-08, 09:52
Prefer over the top.

silverfox57
28-Jun-08, 11:23
That's what I love about the org - you get some of the weirdest threads! Definitely an 'outy' whereas my OH is an 'iny'. It comes from your up-bringing and is perpetuated from generation to generation. An 'outy' does mean you can do that neat pointy fold in the first section. :lol:
have to agree with you ricco about weirdest threads sometimes on org:lol: have no answer to poll as would have to go and look, just hope oh puts roll in when last is finished:lol:

Julia
28-Jun-08, 12:30
Well as I'm the only person who bothers to change the toilet roll in this house I'm definitely an 'outy', the rest are just 'leave-in-the cupboardy'

Liz
28-Jun-08, 12:36
At first I thought this was about belly buttons!:lol:

I am, always have been and always will be an outy! I have been an iny by mistake on a few occasions and it just didn't feel right.

Isn't the human species weird?!:confused

joxville
28-Jun-08, 12:45
.Isn't the human species weird?!:confused

Thank heavens it is too.:)

Liz
28-Jun-08, 12:54
Thank heavens it is too.:)

Amen to that!:lol:

jings00
28-Jun-08, 12:57
an iny...
better for tearing the paper one handed, if required, and also, well....it's just right.
I used to do my mum's head in tho, cos i would put the paper on the holder "the wrong way". tsk.

katarina
28-Jun-08, 13:14
mine just kicks around the floor until someone decides to replace it on the holder - what does that say about me?

helenwyler
28-Jun-08, 13:22
I don't give a hoot about the orientation, or any other proclivities, of my toilet rolls. Any old which way for me....call me liberal or slapdash if you will.

However, a certain family member likes to remove the toilet roll from it's holder to tear off the required amount, and then replace it on the cistern :mad:. Now that's unforgiveable!

flash
28-Jun-08, 13:29
I'm neutral. I balance the new roll on top of the holder until the toilet roll fairy comes along and puts it on the holder

hotrod4
28-Jun-08, 14:33
Does it still count if you have a doush thingy that preganant wifies use in t'hospital?

I am an out and out outy,anyone that is an "iny" is seriously weird ;)

scorrie
28-Jun-08, 15:13
We are staunch "outys" The concept of "iny" is utterly perverse.

I interviewed a man at random on the street for an opinion:-

"Lavvy roll? let me tell you son, there is no point wasting money on the stuff when you have a perfectly good gusset there to do the job for ye!"

Welcomefamily
28-Jun-08, 16:39
Certainly an outy so are the pixies when they change it.

Alice in Blunderland
28-Jun-08, 16:43
Well in this house its any old way it goes on the holder and normally in a hurry as you are about to use the toilet urgently and luckily you have noticed that its just a piece of cardboard there.:eek:

Then we have the phantom loo roll remover who cant be bothered turning round to pull the toilet roll from the side so takes it off the holder and sets it on the floor.

If all else fails you can normally collect the toilet roll from various dolls on your way to the toilet as this is what my kids use it for ..wrapping Barbie up I couldnt see this answer in the poll.:lol:

sassylass
28-Jun-08, 16:45
Definitely an outy, so much easier to find the end. The cat likes it better that way too.

northener
28-Jun-08, 18:41
Definitely an outy, so much easier to find the end. The cat likes it better that way too.

Your cat uses bog roll?:eek:

Margaret M.
28-Jun-08, 18:44
I used to be an iny but then I started doing it the right way and I have been an outy for years now.

sassylass
28-Jun-08, 19:26
Your cat uses bog roll?:eek:

Aye, doesn't yours? [lol]

gardeninginagale
28-Jun-08, 19:34
I read the thread title and thought .. "Both"

Then I cleaned my mind up and realised it was a) about toilet roll and b)doesnt apply to me as I only use one square at a time. Its ecologically sound .. ;)

You have my utmost respect, Lord Flasheart, for using only one square at a time. Obviously you have never had a curry and two bottles of red . . .

Lord Flasheart
28-Jun-08, 21:10
You have my utmost respect, Lord Flasheart, for using only one square at a time. Obviously you have never had a curry and two bottles of red . . .

Pre curry it's best to put the toilet roll in the fridge before going out. It stops the affected area feeling like seven seconds into the opening scenes of the "Bonanza" credits .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdRgBAY278 .. ;)

scorrie
28-Jun-08, 21:16
Pre curry it's best to put the toilet roll in the fridge before going out. It stops the affected area feeling like seven seconds into the opening scenes of the "Bonanza" credits .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mjdRgBAY278 .. ;)

As Johnny Cash used to sing:-

"I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire,
the ring of fire"

Tilter
29-Jun-08, 11:30
I only use one square at a time. Its ecologically sound .. ;)

Prior to using the one square, you should first remove a postage stamp sized piece from the centre of the square. This can then be utilised for cleaning under your fingernail at the end of the exercise.

mums angels
29-Jun-08, 12:32
we as a family are outys .. if i find it the other way in other peoples houses i usually change it as it always reminds me of public loo disspensers where you can never get the end :lol:

katarina
29-Jun-08, 12:39
we as a family are outys .. if i find it the other way in other peoples houses i usually change it as it always reminds me of public loo disspensers where you can never get the end :lol:

Does it really matter on the hole?

Welcomefamily
29-Jun-08, 18:26
Its nice to think that the org can deal with some of the more complex issues in our lives, its gives us a break from spending our lives hugging windmills and thanking our wonderful highland councillors for their tireless deeds.
Does anyone have a preference for colour?

mums angels
29-Jun-08, 18:28
Its nice to think that the org can deal with some of the more complex issues in our lives, its gives us a break from spending our lives hugging windmills and thanking our wonderful highland councillors for their tireless deeds.

LOL has to be white with puppies on the roll :lol:

joxville
29-Jun-08, 20:06

My Granny would only use white because she believed other colours would dye her 'derriere' as she liked to put it. [lol]

Also, it took her a long time before using toilet tissue-she used that sliding Izal paper for years.

rfr10
29-Jun-08, 20:17
Do you know, I've never seen toilet roll placed on the holder so that it goes over the top (outy). Every toilet I've seen, the roll goes out from the bottom so that when you need to tear a piece off, you simply pull down on the roll with one hand and it rips. If you have it on as an "outy" you cant do this because the roll will just keep on unwinding. Going by the poll results, maybe I'm thinking of a completely different thing...

stratman
29-Jun-08, 20:17
A life time of working in care has taught me that outy is best as the other way round inevitably means marks from messy fingers on the wall!! Your choice of course.

twiglet
29-Jun-08, 23:53
deffo an outy, hubby would sometimes disagree but I'm the boss so he's over ruled!

Oddquine
30-Jun-08, 00:28
Do you know, I've never seen toilet roll placed on the holder so that it goes over the top (outy). Every toilet I've seen, the roll goes out from the bottom so that when you need to tear a piece off, you simply pull down on the roll with one hand and it rips. If you have it on as an "outy" you cant do this because the roll will just keep on unwinding. Going by the poll results, maybe I'm thinking of a completely different thing...

Ah, but that depends if the toilet roll holder has a thingie to make it easier to tear off an outy roll........and mine does!

Buttercup
30-Jun-08, 00:31
Well in the interest of fairness, and bowing to the majority, for the last 2 days we've had an outy. But sorry, had to revert to the iny again. What used to be a one handed operation resulted in an imitation of the Andrex puppy! :roll:

George Brims
01-Jul-08, 01:05
This'll sort a few of the inny heretics, but I'll have to phrase it delicately. You know how sometimes when you're using the said paper product, your fingers accidentally become less clean than when you started? Well if your paper is mounted in the inny position, those germ-laden fingers may come in contact with the wall below the holder. At some later date you may reach for a square or two of paper to, for instance, smudge your lipstick or wipe your eye. And again you make accidental contact with the wall....

George Brims
01-Jul-08, 01:08

Tug the the side - at 45 degrees to the vertical. Problem solved. Unless of course you bought some of that really cheap paper where they sometimes forget to perforate it. I saw a lady at the supermarket on Saturday have the same problem with the plastic bags for the veggies. The last 50 or so on the roll were one continuous bag.

Metalattakk
01-Jul-08, 02:38
This'll sort a few of the inny heretics, but I'll have to phrase it delicately. You know how sometimes when you're using the said paper product, your fingers accidentally become less clean than when you started?

Eh, NO???? What sort of ghastly retch-worthy situation would cause such an anomaly? Bog roll was invented for a reason. For goodness' sake, don't be feart to use it!

George Brims
01-Jul-08, 07:29
Eh, NO???? What sort of ghastly retch-worthy situation would cause such an anomaly? Bog roll was invented for a reason. For goodness' sake, don't be feart to use it!
Ahem. Being in too much of a rush, using cheap toilet paper. Actually in the US one of the more expensive brands is called Charmin (perversely pronounced Sharmin in the TV ads). It is like pressed cotton wool. Very soft for the delicately formed, but ridiculously weak in use.

I don't think I want to talk about this any more. It's agitating my OCD.

mrsmo
01-Jul-08, 08:17
There is defo something anal about this??
But got to admit I am an outy!!
:lol:

wifie
01-Jul-08, 12:49
I forgot to say that if I go into someone else's loo and find it the 'wrong' way round I have to put it to my liking.

Oh no!!! I too do this! Is actually best for the wall cos the paper is hanging out and you don't touch the wall with this method - is my excuse and I am sticking to it!
As for being an extrovert cos I hang my loo paper this way - jury is out on that one but I suppose I could be described as "over the top" at times. ;)

George Brims
01-Jul-08, 20:11
In the interests of fairness I did once see a sensible argument in favour of the "inny" method. It was this: imagine you are two years old (easier for some people here - no names, no pack drill - than others). You walk up to the toilet roll holder, which is just below eye level. You bat it with your hand, and a foot or more of paper streams towards the floor. You bat it again, harder, and get a bigger result. At this point you break into a wide grin and belt the thing repeatedly until there's nothing left on the roll. That won't work if it's mounted "inny" style. However taking hold of the end and running down the hall still does. [lol]

northener
02-Jul-08, 20:27
In the interests of fairness I did once see a sensible argument in favour of the "inny" method. It was this: imagine you are two years old (easier for some people here - no names, no pack drill - than others). You walk up to the toilet roll holder, which is just below eye level. You bat it with your hand, and a foot or more of paper streams towards the floor. You bat it again, harder, and get a bigger result. At this point you break into a wide grin and belt the thing repeatedly until there's nothing left on the roll...............

Hey, I do that!

rfr10
02-Jul-08, 22:04
Can I just ask...

Who cares what way other people put their toilet roll on the holder!? Next we'll be finding out people's methods of using the toilet! :lol:

northener
02-Jul-08, 23:09
Can I just ask...

................. Next we'll be finding out people's methods of using the toilet! :lol:

Well, I like to stand on the rim (toilet seat up) raise my left leg up level with my chin and then sing "Bomber" by Motorhead.

joxville
03-Jul-08, 00:50
I like to stand near the door and point...it's taken me 43 years to get this good..thinking of entering the olympics but they may think i'm taking the proverbial...[lol]

oldmarine
03-Jul-08, 02:21
Can I just ask...

Who cares what way other people put their toilet roll on the holder!? Next we'll be finding out people's methods of using the toilet! :lol:

A bit risque, but it could turn out that way. :roll:[lol]

joxville
04-Jul-08, 00:12
What a result-the iny's are really in a minority. I thought it would have been closer.