PDA

View Full Version : Bra fitting

Liz
27-Jun-08, 18:36
Is there anywhere locally (apart from Mackays) which offers a bra fitting service?

I say apart from Mackays as both my sister and I went there to be measured and were given completely wrong bra sizes!:confused

I have looked online and it has given me a headache as different sites come up with different sizes!

It's a pity we couldn't go to Rigby and Peller as they can tell you your bra size just by looking at you!

Ash
27-Jun-08, 19:29
Is there anywhere locally (apart from Mackays) which offers a bra fitting service?

I say apart from Mackays as both my sister and I went there to be measured and were given completely wrong bra sizes!:confused

I have looked online and it has given me a headache as different sites come up with different sizes!

It's a pity we couldn't go to Rigby and Peller as they can tell you your bra size just by looking at you!

i know what you mean, end of last year i went into lingerie shop in wick but she said she couldnt do it apart from give me different bras to try on, i ended up buying one but when ive gone to buy the size she told me i was from somewhere else it didnt fit at all, going to glasgow in a month so gonna try bravissmo shop there

Liz
27-Jun-08, 20:01
Yes it doesn't help when the same size in different brands fit differently. Mind you it's the same with clothes!

Might just have to 'hang loose'!!!:lol:

Ash
27-Jun-08, 20:03
haha know what you mean, bra's are soo expensive but dont think i could hang loose :D

Sandra_B
27-Jun-08, 20:19
Between the expense and the fact that every company seems to size differently I think I'm going to give up on bras and just tuck "them" in my waistband :eek:

the_count
27-Jun-08, 20:21
As far as i can recall (mum talking to big sis) bra size is determined by measuring under the breasts for size and then across nipples for cup size think its a cup size for every two inches above the under bust measurement .. hope that helps :D

sam
27-Jun-08, 20:47
You could always try these ones, ( and do your bit for recycling ) but i wouldnt think they would be very comfortable lol :eek::lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A450587

Margaret M.
28-Jun-08, 03:11
http://www.barenecessities.com/fit_sizing.asp

A good link with some diagrams to help -- this is all the fitters do, at least here.

Liz
28-Jun-08, 19:02
Thanks everyone for your replies.

Margaret the guide you gave is really useful and it has confirmed the sizes I got from another site so here's hoping the bras I have ordered will fit.

If not,may be trying the plastic bag bra Sam!!!:lol:

Anyone have a box of matches?:confused

sam
28-Jun-08, 19:48
[quote=Liz;401729]Thanks everyone for your replies.

If not,may be trying the plastic bag bra Sam!!!:lol:

Lol, if you do we will be sure to hear you comming, before we see you :eek::lol: