PDA

View Full Version : Needing help with your horse in the Tain area?

ett23
26-Jun-08, 17:47
Yes, it's me again. I had a thread a few weeks ago asking for people to contact me if they could do with some help looking after/exercising their horse(s).
Anyway, I had several pms and am now helping someone out with their horse! :D So I'm really grateful for this forum.

My mum and sister live in Tain and are in the same situation as me - horseless and hoping there's some kind person out there who might have a horse or horses and could do with some help. They're more than willing to help out with all the dirty work - poo picking/mucking out, as well as feeding, tack cleaning, etc, in return for a chance to ride the horse.

I know this is a Caithness forum but I've noticed quite a few people on here that aren't local, so if you live in Ross-shire and own horses or have a friend who does - and you could do with some free help - please send me a pm. My mum and sis would be very grateful for an opportunity to spend more time around horses (the same as me!!)

Bakerbhoy
26-Jun-08, 18:52
Your mum and sis could try putting an advert up in the vets practice, Johnston & Farrell. Or even try the Co-op notice board.

ett23
26-Jun-08, 23:12
Yeah I've mentioned that to them aswell, and they should be doing that soon.
Thanks for the suggestion though! :D

Bakerbhoy
27-Jun-08, 22:51
I have lost touch with the horsey people down there since I moved up here so that is the only place I could think of to try.