PDA

View Full Version : Bonkers Government - AGAIN!

hotrod4
26-Jun-08, 18:50
They've only gone and took some silly pills again.
Now they want to introduce a new law that states if a "White male" is against an "Ethnic male" for a job and they have equal qualifications then they(government) want the job to go the "Ethnic" guy rather than the White guy.
Isnt this just one form of Racism after another?

So if myself is up for a job against Mr Singh and we are both equally qualified and Mr Singh gets the job can I take it to the Human Rights court? not very likely.
Its all to do with "balance" in the workplace, which is all fair and well, but what happens if say Tesco have to have a certain percentage of Ethnic people in their Wick store but their arent enough ethnic people here, what happens then.

It may be OK for cities but what about areas like Caithness who dont have a high percentage and those that we do have, i.e Chinese etc work for themselves. Does that mean that Chinese and Indian takeaways up and down the country will now have to employ White people to "balance" or do they not count.
Another government policy without thinking through.

Does that also mean that Assylum seekers will walk straight into jobs so as to keep the balance right?
Hope not!

justine
26-Jun-08, 18:53
Your are right it is completely bonkers. The whole thought on this is discriminate in itself. This has always been around although it was white against black, if whiteman and black went for job white man gets it ,shout of racisim, now itsw what ethical..

Biggest load of crap i have heard today, so far anyway.

badger
26-Jun-08, 19:22
I'm all in favour of equal pay and equal opportunities but this latest idea is just insulting to those it's supposed to be trying to help. Women are still underpaid and under-represented in many areas but things are changing slowly and if I was a black woman I would hate to be given a job in preference to a white man on grounds of race and sex rather than ability.

It's taking far too long to reach true equality but I don't believe this is the answer. We already have anti-discrimination laws and they should be applied, we don't need more. How many times have we heard lately that the Govt. want to introduce a new law when a perfectly adequate one is already in existence but not applied?