PDA

View Full Version : Zimbabwe

TBH
26-Jun-08, 16:55
Is it about time that our soldiers were re-directed to this hell-hole of a nation. Mugabe and his cohorts need to be dealt with by our forces in a fight for freedom and humanity as soon as possible but will it happen unless they discover oil?

EDDIE
26-Jun-08, 17:09
Is it about time that our soldiers were re-directed to this hell-hole of a nation. Mugabe and his cohorts need to be dealt with by our forces in a fight for freedom and humanity as soon as possible but will it happen unless they discover oil?

totaly disagree i dont see why our soldiers lifes should be put at risk to fight a battle that has nothing to do with us
If anything the UN needs to be overhauled UN is far to soft in the international community thats the biggest problem

rob murray
26-Jun-08, 17:16
totaly disagree i dont see why our soldiers lifes should be put at risk to fight a battle that has nothing to do with us
If anything the UN needs to be overhauled UN is far to soft in the international community thats the biggest problem

Yep...let them get on with it....second thoughts...is there any oil there ...send in the cavalry and a gun boat

bekisman
26-Jun-08, 17:25
Why not send Peter Hain there, he campaigned against Ian Smith when it was Rhodesia he was full of praise of Mugabe; 'wonderful man'.. by the way where is Hain these days during this Zimbabwe debacle?

Or maybe the rest of the African Nations could sort him out? Hmm, fat chance of that.

unicorn
26-Jun-08, 17:31
Send in a dozen SAS, how hard would it be to remove a group of men to those trained.

joxville
26-Jun-08, 17:32
Does Zimbabwe have oil, coal, gas, precious mineral reserve's? If not then it's likely that the 'hellhole' will be left to sort iself out. The 'world's policeman'-the USA has no interest because there is zilch in it for them, nor their puppet, the UN.

Adolf Hitler
Papa Doc Duvalier
Nicolai Ceaucescu
Maummer Gadhafi
Kim Jong Il

Add to the list Robert Mugabe, and you have some of the world's worst dictator's.

TBH
26-Jun-08, 17:35
If anything the UN needs to be overhauled UN is far to soft in the international community thats the biggest problemWhy are our soldiers lives being put at risk in Afghanistan and Iraq, what had bombing them to democracy got to do with us? Absolutely nothing but the the oil.

justine
26-Jun-08, 17:39
myself and hubby were looking into what is in zimbabwe, and there is nothing worth while, so why would they go in, for humanitarian reasons, no i dont think so...:mad:
Me personally not to change subject but what they did with abu hammsa(not sure on spelling), theyhave the weapons to take out an individual without harming any civvies, send in the bombers and hope that there is no other mad man waiting to take over from Mugabe..This human if we should call him that needs to be stopped, not pussy footed about, but unless there is something to gain out of it he will be left to rule any which way he chooses, and will continue to do so until he dies..[evil]

hotrod4
26-Jun-08, 17:41
I think Mad Mental Mugabe is a nice bloke,just misunderstood ;)
I think he really has a soft heart for all those white farmers that he took the land from, and not to mention all the guys he's killed. He only did it cos the voices in his head told him to!
The bloke is a nutjob,why not send in a Toboggan ?, he would argue the hind legs off the dictators donkey,so theres no way Mugabe could win;)
Job done.

TBH
26-Jun-08, 17:43
myself and hubby were looking into what is in zimbabwe, and there is nothing worth while, so why would they go in, for humanitarian reasons, no i dont think so...:mad:
Me personally not to change subject but what they did with abu hammsa(not sure on spelling), theyhave the weapons to take out an individual without harming any civvies, send in the bombers and hope that there is no other mad man waiting to take over from Mugabe..This human if we should call him that needs to be stopped, not pussy footed about, but unless there is something to gain out of it he will be left to rule any which way he chooses, and will continue to do so until he dies..[evil]Which I am sure you will agree, justine, is a crock of bull. We are fed all these lies but it amounts to sod all when we know the real reasons.

justine
26-Jun-08, 18:05
but do we know the real reasons..Mugabe has been in power since the eighties and only since1998 did things change radically.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mugabe

his ideals went way off and his ruthlessness went even further.He needs to be relieved of his duties, but who will or would do it is the big question, the next would be WHY!!!! would they...

What about the human rights of the Zimbabwean people, they have nothing,the government violates the right to shelter, food ,freedom of movements, rights of assembly and unfortunatley the rights to police or military protection.
Unfortunatley you put views like this to the likes of Mugabe and he replies with well the united states and Britain are just as bad with the Iraq war...He will never see his wrongs and so they will never be righted...
We as a human state should forget what is possible to get from them and just help save the people who are suffering at the hands of this bl...y. lunatic

Exports from zimbabwe

cotton, tobacco, gold, ferroalloys, textiles/clothing.

Imports
$2.055 billion f.o.b. (2006 est.): machinery and transport equipment, other manufactures, chemicals, fuels.

Lord Flasheart
26-Jun-08, 18:20
Which I am sure you will agree, justine, is a crock of bull. We are fed all these lies but it amounts to sod all when we know the real reasons.

While I agree with you saying that Mugabe needs to be taken out, and nothing would make me smile wider than seeing his henchmen come face to face with a dozen squaddies on a dark night didnt people say the same about Saddam after Kuwait was liberated ??, you maintain that we shouldnt be in Iraq and Afghanistan but hey lets wade into Zimbabwe. Remember we were welcomed into Iraq intially. People said Saddam needed to be outed and he was but nature abhors a vacuum. Look at the situation we saw in Iraq, where the opressed people who funnily enough didnt have the stones to stand up to Saddam suddenly found some bottle and attacked the "invaders", a sick joke if ever there was one. If we did go into Zimbabwe why would it be any different ??

Mute point though as we dont have anything or anyone to send. I do get, how shall we say .. hacked off .. when the British populace seem to think we should just "send the boys in" whenever someone is in bother. Most of the people in this country dont give a toss about the guys and girls coming back from current Ops either clad in a Union Jack or crippled and/or disfigured. Until we as a country start treating the people we send into harms way with a bit of respect we shouldnt be calling for them to go anywhere else.

justine
26-Jun-08, 18:24
While I agree with you saying that Mugabe needs to be taken out, and nothing would make me smile wider than seeing his henchmen come face to face with a dozen squaddies on a dark night didnt people say the same about Saddam after Kuwait was liberated ??, you maintain that we shouldnt be in Iraq and Afghanistan but hey lets wade into Zimbabwe. Remember we were welcomed into Iraq intially. People said Saddam needed to be outed and he was but nature abhors a vacuum. Look at the situation we saw in Iraq, where the opressed people who funnily enough didnt have the stones to stand up to Saddam suddenly found some bottle and attacked the "invaders", a sick joke if ever there was one. If we did go into Zimbabwe why would it be any different ??

Mute point though as we dont have anything or anyone to send. I do get, how shall we say .. hacked off .. when the British populace seem to think we should just "send the boys in" whenever someone is in bother. Most of the people in this country dont give a toss about the guys and girls coming back from current Ops either clad in a Union Jack or crippled and/or disfigured. Until we as a country start treating the people we send into harms way with a bit of respect we shouldnt be calling for them to go anywhere else.

being ex military by birth and rank i feel for every soldier out there and say they should all be brought back without haste, but i do think that mugabe needs to be taken away or out, and it does not take 300 soldiers do do that, just a single plane armed with its nice little housed explosive devise..Not asking for a squadron to be taken in..

TBH
26-Jun-08, 18:42

Mute point though as we dont have anything or anyone to send. I do get, how shall we say .. hacked off .. when the British populace seem to think we should just "send the boys in" whenever someone is in bother. Most of the people in this country dont give a toss about the guys and girls coming back from current Ops either clad in a Union Jack or crippled and/or disfigured. Until we as a country start treating the people we send into harms way with a bit of respect we shouldnt be calling for them to go anywhere else.Mugabe should be taken out, definitely. I don't maintain we shouldn't be in Iraq or Afghanistan, it is the real motivation I dsagree with not the one given in the press by our governments which I happen to agree with but it's all lies.But, for the right reasons I do suggest we wade into Zimbabwe and get rid of this excuse for a human being.

Lord Flasheart
26-Jun-08, 20:43
being ex military by birth and rank i feel for every soldier out there and say they should all be brought back without haste, but i do think that mugabe needs to be taken away or out, and it does not take 300 soldiers do do that, just a single plane armed with its nice little housed explosive devise..Not asking for a squadron to be taken in..

Ive got just the plane !! .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DpyFMEKQyrk

scorrie
26-Jun-08, 22:48

We have no right to interfere. When did Britain become the World's Police Force?

British Forces are supposed to exist for the defence of our country and not for the removal of evil Dictators. As tragic as the situation is, it is up to the people of Zimbabwe to make change happen.

We should not have put troops into Iraq or Afghanistan. Both of those events took place to appease the Bush regime and assist their "War or Terrorism". Too many people are taken in by the "Bogeyman in the cupboard" propaganda and accept that we have just cause to sacrifice our sons and daughters in pursuit of some "Greater Good"

If we barge into Zimbabwe we will be no better than Saddam Hussein invading Kuwait. Killing individuals is not the way to put the World's problems to right.

Tony
26-Jun-08, 23:23
Just bump him off. Dictator no more and the other guy can take over.:roll:

Rheghead
27-Jun-08, 00:17

If they discover oil on a massive scale in the the next 2 weeks, will you be singing the same sort of chant?:confused

Anne x
27-Jun-08, 00:35
He said he wont leave til god takes him maybe in this case a little help is needed

Nelson Mandela spoke out today against him but very lightly the people of South Africa are the only people that can help right now they are taking all the people fleeing in to there country from Zimbabwe but South africa are reluctant to go against him as he helped them many years ago when Nelson Mandela was in prison

The people are starving scared to go against the man the election will be another sham

from Rhodesia a vibrant lovely country to this is just shocking politics or no politics such a waste of a beautiful nation

Oddquine
27-Jun-08, 01:16
I'm not convinced that anything much would change if Mugabe was taken out of the equation.

I'm more inclined to think that it is the military who are in power, with Mugabe their figurehead..........and removing him would only change the figurehead but not the underlying control.

If you were a turkey, would you be voting for Christmas...........so what makes anyone think that the military would be prepared to allow free and fair elections at any time?

Cattach
27-Jun-08, 05:48

Dreadful regime but the last thing needed is to get militarily involved. All of Africa and many other countries too would see it as the Colonials back in town and the reaction against Britain would be horrific.

Kenn
27-Jun-08, 22:39
There are numerous complex reasons as to why Mugabe has managed to cling onto power not least that he was once respected by those other african nations seeking independence from various colonial powers to whom he gave considerable help.This seems to be on the wane as those people start to realise that they have moved on and he has turned to repression and downright thuggery.
There is also the possibility that there could be another blood bath between the main tribal groups within the country, he has comitted mass murder before and no doubt would not hesitate to commit the same crime again.
He also has hold on the judiciary,police and army again achieved by very dubious ways.
Zimbabwe may not have oil but it does have considerable other mineral wealth most of which is sold through the various multi-national companies in South Africa.This would make big business in that country very reluctant to support any moves by their government to denounce him.
The only way he could be got rid of is if The League of african Nations sees fit either to find him an exit route or to intervene on humanitarian grounds, if The West were to even attempt to do any thing he would have the immediate propoganda that The Imperialists are trying to re-introduce colonialism.
I am not in any way defending him , he has to be one of the most evil men ever to tread this earth in his latter years and I for one would be delighted to see him gone.

olivia
27-Jun-08, 23:36
I was listening to Radio 4 this morning and if I remember it correctly they were saying Mugabe had tried to step down once before but the leaders of the military wanted him to stay in power. It got me thinking that maybe he is now becoming a puppet dictator and may not be able to step down very easily even if he wanted to - after all his cronies would probably all lose their nice cushy little jobs wouldn't they if the other lot got into power?

Kevin Milkins
27-Jun-08, 23:54
Dreadful regime but the last thing needed is to get militarily involved. All of Africa and many other countries too would see it as the Colonials back in town and the reaction against Britain would be horrific.

All is not well in the world at the moment, and thats for sure.
We could send our troups of much respected soldiers into war zones in many parts of the world to sort out all sorts of problems.
We are not doing so clever in this country just now and Gordon Brown ,our un-elected prime minister is under a bit of pressure to come up with some ideas to drag us out of the mire.
What if Germany or Russia saw our plight and decided to save us?

oldmarine
28-Jun-08, 09:48
Seems to be quite a mess there.

TBH
28-Jun-08, 14:35
Democracy is failing in Zimbabwe, it is the duty of the UN to stop this. Then again, seeing their failure to act in Rwanda there's not much chance of that happening.

teenybash
30-Jun-08, 12:24
This morning I recieved and email showing the exterior and interior of Robert Mugabes house.
Luxurious, opulence are not adequate to descibe this dictators life style and surroundings.....surely the world cannot stand by and allow this narcisstic pyschopath to continue his reign of terror.
If anyone knows of a way to get the pictures from the email onto the org let me know and you can all see for yourselves....it is disgusting.......

oldmarine
01-Jul-08, 02:31
I'm not convinced that anything much would change if Mugabe was taken out of the equation.

I'm more inclined to think that it is the military who are in power, with Mugabe their figurehead..........and removing him would only change the figurehead but not the underlying control.

If you were a turkey, would you be voting for Christmas...........so what makes anyone think that the military would be prepared to allow free and fair elections at any time?

The above smacks of a possible problem if Mugabe is taken out.

Kenn
01-Jul-08, 09:23
TBH, democracy is not failing in Zimbabwe it has totally collapsed.
The rich have got richer, the poor have got poorer and have fled this opressive regime in their millions.
The country was still working albeit via the black market but with the new crisis and the road blocks that have been set up over the last couple of weeks, even getting to your place of work is now nigh on impossible and with the workers not being able to get there it will leave the businesses wide open to looting and destruction.
From what I hear, most people are holed up in their homes or have fled to the country as the place descends into even greater chaos.