PDA

View Full Version : Plastic coating on Roof

Wispy
26-Jun-08, 16:52
Does anyone know anything about a roofing firm working in the area offering moss cleaning and plastic coating on tiled roof. Did not catch the name but it was "? roof plastics". Needing roof done but reluctant to take anyone going round the doors offering this service.

ABC
27-Jun-08, 12:41
I wouldn't advise using these 'cowboys'. They have just completed a neighbours house and what a state it is for the money they have paid.

They did not take any pride in there work and before you know they have gone, moved on to the next area, and will not come back to sort ALL their mistakes.

Torvaig
27-Jun-08, 13:34
I would advise against taking on any strangers touting round the doors. There are plenty of local businesses doing all sorts of repairs be it roofs, fencing, electrical, gardening, plumbing etc., and I'm sure we would rather it be done by honest locally based firms than any of these fly by nights.

We have heard more than plenty stories about strangers offering roof work, driveways and the like. Any work needing done should be undertaken by someone you know and trust or offered out for quotes to firms you know and trust.

A good firm will give you their contact details, their quote, plus a guarantee and also be insured to cover any work that does go unwittingly wrong.

P.S. Wispy and ABC, thanks for letting us know that these people are working in the area. :)

Wispy
27-Jun-08, 19:40
Thank you for letting me know your thoughts. Heard from someone who had their roof done by them. They are Roofline Plastics seemingly from Elgin. Did OK job but came with the normal" you need ridging done you need facias etc done," Thankfully they were wise enough not to take them up on this. Cleaned their roof for an OK price but I'm sure I could it get it mine done by local for cheaper.

footie chick
28-Jun-08, 23:37
Doesn't Wick Blast offer this service???