PDA

View Full Version : Are you able to offer Penny a home?

munron
26-Jun-08, 14:11
Penny is a Jack Russell type bitch that is currently in the vets in Thurso recovering from a road traffic accident.

Sadly no-one has come forward to claim Penny despite many attempts by the surgery to find her owners.

They have called her Penny as it was the Pennyland area that she was found. She was taken to the surgery by a kind member of the public who found her at the side of the road. She was found to have a broken pelvis and hip and is recovering well at the moment but she will probably need further surgery in the future.

She has had pups in the past and it is unknown if she has been spayed, she is possibly middle age maybe younger.

It has been decided to try and find a place for Penny as a kennel is not an ideal enviroment to recover from her injuries and she could do with some tlc.

Labrador Rescue has very kindly agreed to co-ordinate this homing as well as covering the cost of Penny's spay and vaccinations.

Penny gives the appearance of being a very calm dog but as she has not been brat tested it may be wise to not home her to houses with very young children. In saying that, dog savvy people with kids of a similar nature wouldn't be discounted. The most important thing for Penny is she gets a home where people care about her.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE VETS ABOUT PENNY.

If you feel you could offer Penny a home or even if you could foster her for a while then please contact Carolyne on 07845 010031

Torvaig
26-Jun-08, 14:38
Just look at that wee face; I do hope you get a loving home for Penny soon and well done to those who have looked after her.

Julia
26-Jun-08, 14:47
Penny gives the appearance of being a very calm dog but as she has not been brat tested it may be wise to not home her to houses with very young children.

Brat tested? :confused

munron
26-Jun-08, 15:15
Brat tested is my tounge in cheek way of saying that she has not been tested with children.

Some dogs are fearful towards little people for a number of reasons so it is better that anyone who is interested in Penny is aware that we do not know how she is around small people.

carasmam
26-Jun-08, 16:33
Brat tested is my tounge in cheek way of saying that she has not been tested with children.

Good way of putting it !!

Maybe her owners will come forward after seeing this, surely she's not a stray :(

Hope she finds a loving home soon and gets the love and attention she deserves

unicorn
26-Jun-08, 17:18
Is she pure white? I have only ever seen 1 in Thurso and she is an elderly lady in springpark areas. Just a thought.

munron
26-Jun-08, 18:03
I think the lady that you are thinking off is my aunt, she is seriously ill at the moment and her JR is in kennels awaiting her homecoming. This could account for him not being seen out for a while.

Penny's accident occurred two weeks ago and the girls in the surgery left messages with all possible owners on their books and all have advised that she is not theirs. If we thought that her owner could be located we would never think of re-homing her, but two weeks is a long time for an owner to not report their dog as missing.

The only other possibility is that people were on holiday, but again it would be strange to not report it.

Penny has light grey spots on her ears but she is mainly white

dancingtaz13
26-Jun-08, 18:25
Balmore have also been informed of what happened to the dog and they will be in contact with the vets if they hear of anything.

munron
26-Jun-08, 18:31
Many apologies, I got the timeline for the accident wrong, it is just under a week not two weeks as previously mentioned.

I obviously dont listen to what my OH says at all, or I just listen to what I want and make up the rest.

Fran
29-Jun-08, 03:09
What a beautiful dog, but looking at the picture i am wondering if she has cataracts. Hope she gets a good home soon, she looks so lovely.

munron
29-Jun-08, 10:55
I went to see Penny yesterday and she is now up on her feet and tottering around the surgery, albeit a bit wonky and only for a short time as she is still on strict kennel rest.

She is a little poppet and didnt seem bothered either way by my son, another dog and the surgery cat. She could still be shell shocked and her personality will start to come out as she gains in confidence.

The vet did not seem to think that she had cataracts, but to be fair they were concentrating on the other end. I will ask him to have a check later.

She gave a bark hello this morning to the vet, she could turn out to be a cheeky little minx.

Miss Mack
18-Jul-08, 16:46

Some dogs are fearful towards little people for a number of reasons so it is better that anyone who is interested in Penny is aware that we do not know how she is around small people.
I think you may have offended parents with the BRAT comment, but hope the dog finds a home!

teenybash
18-Jul-08, 17:09
I think you may have offended parents with the BRAT comment, but hope the dog finds a home!

Wouldn't it be nice for Penny to have a new home.....maybe your kind 'hope' for her will help. :)

munron
18-Jul-08, 17:57
Penny is currently residing with me, my two dogs and my brat. She is very wary of said brat so I would not recommend a home with one.

Luckily for Penny she has at least three brat free homes lined up.

munron
18-Jul-08, 18:15
Roget’s Thesaurus - brat offers child as an alternative.

Collins English Dictionary, Millennium Edition: Child, used contemptuously or playfully.

NOW if anyone needs further clarification of what context I was using the word in please feel free to ask.

teenybash
18-Jul-08, 18:21
Maybe Penny just hasn't had a lot of contact with 'brats'.........the main thing is she will be happy in the new home that waits for her and whatever happened to her in the past will be more than made up for.

munron
18-Jul-08, 18:48
Teenybash, I think you are right; she has no idea of what this crawling thing is. She is obviously used to dogs as she pays no heid to mines and she is slowly coming out of her shell with me and OH. She is currently on cage rest but I give her the run of the kitchen now and again and we go for garden walks.

I have let her through the house when little people are in bed and she was on the couch with her foster daddy just delighted at being petted. Who knows what this girl has been through and I hope she knows she is safe now and will soon be with the family of her dreams.

binbob
18-Jul-08, 19:48
Teenybash, I think you are right; she has no idea of what this crawling thing is. She is obviously used to dogs as she pays no heid to mines and she is slowly coming out of her shell with me and OH. She is currently on cage rest but I give her the run of the kitchen now and again and we go for garden walks.

I have let her through the house when little people are in bed and she was on the couch with her foster daddy just delighted at being petted. Who knows what this girl has been through and I hope she knows she is safe now and will soon be with the family of her dreams.

well done for helping penny in this way..will u please let us know when she has gone to her new family??i hope she will spend her days safe and well.god bless

munron
18-Jul-08, 20:40
Yes I will keep you all updated on her progress, and I cant thank Carolyone at Lab Rescue enough for stepping in and lining up all these lovely homes.

Liz
18-Jul-08, 23:05
Well done to you Munron for caring for Penny so well and to Carolyne of LabRescue for finding potential homes. She is a Wonder Woman!!!!:lol:

It doesn't sound like her past was very good but she is so lucky to be in such caring hands now and it looks like her future will be the one she deserves!