PDA

View Full Version : Brown's North Sea Forest

ciderally
26-Jun-08, 09:45
he said this morning he is planning 3000 wind turbines in north sea....cant imagine what that would look like....:eek:

joxville
26-Jun-08, 10:03
Personally, I'd rather see more nuclear plants built.

router
26-Jun-08, 10:06
they would look better in the thames estuary,isn't it about time that the scottish goverment started projects like this semms the powers that be are still hell bent on reaping from scottish resources..i noticed that a london based firm is drilling for oil ,it just begs the question is there no scottish company or mp willing to start projects like these instead of everything,as usual going to an english government that most scots don't want to be controlled by,but then why give scotland independance when there is still so much to be ripped from the land by them.
and scottish parliament sits back and allows it to continue or are they too on the pay role!makes you wonder

router
26-Jun-08, 10:08
good idea though,just a shame that like the rest,scotland won't benefit from this or the oil

Cattach
26-Jun-08, 12:15
he said this morning he is planning 3000 wind turbines in north sea....cant imagine what that would look like....:eek:

Worth a try and would hardly make any impact on the environment as there is plenty of sea out there for 3000 windmills. That said I still think Nuclear is better and more profitable long term investment.

olivia
26-Jun-08, 15:23
Don't forget the 4000 turbines coming to a hilltop near you!

joxville
26-Jun-08, 15:29
Don't forget the 4000 turbines coming to a hilltop near you!

They'll be handy for drying the washing on then-where can I buy big pegs?[lol]

MadPict
26-Jun-08, 15:56
they would look better in the thames estuary...

Is this close enough?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7402204.stm

TBH
26-Jun-08, 16:32
We need to find energy from somewhere, wind turbines may not be perfect and may spoil your lovely view but they are a better alternative to nuclear power stations where you have a real problem in disposing of the waste. The clock is ticking on our options.

david
26-Jun-08, 18:02

I bet the Halkirk Community Benefit Fund are rubbing their hands-the money gose to them right? How about an even bigger store for the HHGC?

badger
26-Jun-08, 19:30
Don't forget that it's us who will be paying for these things and offshore turbines cost even more than onshore. Our bills are going to go up and up.

Wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, a govt. anticipated problems (even they must have realised there was going to be an energy problem one day), planned for them properly taking sensible advice, and started to take action in good time. Instead what do we get - panic and new ideas every five minutes which they hope will fool us into thinking they are actually doing something. Some chance.

david
26-Jun-08, 21:56
good idea though,just a shame that like the rest,scotland won't benefit from this or the oil

On a local level then, a bit like the commuities of Westerdale and Spittal, but heh the HHGC got a new store!!

router
26-Jun-08, 22:20
Is this close enough?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7402204.stm

no and only 140,how about 3140!:Razz

and i bet the wind from parliament could drive them all.

ciderally
26-Jun-08, 23:52
och well they will do what they want ... shipping is going to have a fine time with new monsters in the north sea to worry about....wave power would have been a better idea...

loobyloo
27-Jun-08, 06:28
Don't forget that it's us who will be paying for these things and offshore turbines cost even more than onshore. Our bills are going to go up and up.

Wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, a govt. anticipated problems (even they must have realised there was going to be an energy problem one day), planned for them properly taking sensible advice, and started to take action in good time. Instead what do we get - panic and new ideas every five minutes which they hope will fool us into thinking they are actually doing something. Some chance.

Couldn't agree with you more!!! But it's not just governments who are up to this malarky. It seems to be every organisation these days.

MadPict
27-Jun-08, 10:33
Like double glazing was being sold by anyone wanting to make a fast buck in the 80's it looks like wind turbines are the new cash cow for the 21st century...

dandod
27-Jun-08, 16:22

i know where i would like to shove his 300 turbines.[lol]

hotrod4
27-Jun-08, 18:18
On a local level then, a bit like the commuities of Westerdale and Spittal, but heh the HHGC got a new store!!

Have you not got over that yet?

david
27-Jun-08, 18:31
Have you not got over that yet?

Why pray should I have?

oldmarine
28-Jun-08, 10:12

Sounds like it could get quite windy there.[lol]:roll: