PDA

View Full Version : veterans day

bobandag16
25-Jun-08, 16:53
whats on in caithness? must be a lot of vererans left. british legion any thing planned or is it england that only have veterans. .

ciderally
26-Jun-08, 09:47
hope something is being planned.....anyone know?

MadPict
26-Jun-08, 10:49
Unfortunately some treat our veterans with very little respect........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1029303/Fury-hospital-tells-Gurkha-war-hero-awarded-Victoria-Cross-right-free-care.html

bekisman
26-Jun-08, 12:33
(Thanks MP for link) Sometimes I think this country is run by many callous 'jobsworths' such as this 'Andy Finlay, its income generation manager accused this Ghurkha of misleading the hospital' who don't have a clue about decent behaviour, just that the books must be balanced, no doubt Mr Finlay has had a comfortable life sat on his backside in his soft executive chair with his polished mahogany table being paid an obscene salary - hang your head in shame Finlay!
Nick Clegg, might be a bit soft for some; 'He spearheaded the Liberal Democrats’ defence of civil liberties, campaigned for prison reform, a liberal approach to immigration, and defended the Human Rights Act against ongoing attacks from across the political spectrum' - but at least he's standing up and being counted..

I've served with the Ghurkha and thinking about it I'd say they are the only people I truly respect, hopefully this so-called government will get their posterior into gear and get it sorted, it's shameful it has to take this to get any action..

MadPict
26-Jun-08, 14:16
They give themselves grand titles "revenue enforcer", "income generation manager" but they are not even fit to clean the shoes of these men. They are spineless paper shifters who wouldn't be able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag. [disgust]

bobandag16
26-Jun-08, 14:21
hope something is being planned.....anyone know?
friday 27 th hosted at blackpool on tv during the day some thing in glasgow and kelso very little else in scotland[disgust]