PDA

View Full Version : Is this taking things too far?

2little2late
24-Jun-08, 16:38
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7470648.stm

If this was a gift, as Mr. Johnson says it is, and if he still has the letter to prove it then where's the problem?
Think it's some Labour do gooder with a gripe myself.

AfternoonDelight
24-Jun-08, 16:54
Labour have some cheek getting their knickers in a twist over some percieved dishonesty by someone else...

Iraq war
Pensions
Cash for honours
Taxes
Fuel crisis
The Millenium Dome

I probably could go on but my tea is ready and I find that far more interesting than these stupid attempts to try and deflect attention away from their pathetic governance...

So yes, 2little2late, stuff like this really gets on my goat... [evil]

gardeninginagale
24-Jun-08, 21:42
Boris Johnson is far smarter than he looks, and much smarter than he likes to portray. The Labour Govt know that, and would far rather be dealing with the rebellious, but less intellectual, Ken. This is just a piddle in the ocean, but we will see lots more of it. Sad, really, when there are so many important issues, both at home and abroad, that this Govt isn't dealing with.

From that quoted BBC link -
"Stephen Pound, Labour MP for Ealing North, said he was "less worried about the cigar case" than he was about London's mayor spending "half a day" writing a column for the Daily Telegraph."

Perhaps Stephen Pound, if he's going to be worried about anything at all, should be worried about the increased number of our boys being sent to Afgahnistan, or getting our troops out of Iraq, or the ruin of our domestic economy due to rising fuel prices - which is less about rising fuel prices and much more about fuel taxation.

Stephen Pound and his ilk have far bigger concerns than Boris, a cigar case, and a newspaper column. And they are not dealing with it.