PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy Woman

AfternoonDelight
24-Jun-08, 11:33
Ok - some woman just walked into my office and came stright up to me and said - "would you buy from a gypsy woman?"...

She had a faint Irish accent and looked pretty grubby...

I was a little taken aback and just said - "what?"...

She repeated her first question then told me I was going to be extremely lucky and I was very independant... I said to her I was working and I wasn't interested... She then said "Won't you even like to see what I have? I have some nice lace and..."

I had to cut her short because by that time I could smell her and it wasn't pleasant... I told her that even if I was interested I never brought money to my work. This did the trick and she slunk out the door.

Bizarre... Anyone else encountered her?

joxville
24-Jun-08, 11:48
Was she a cross between the Wicked Witch & a wide mouthed frog? Maybe selling a book as well? Apparently times are hard since her husband quit his job, they are having difficulty with their mortgage payments now. You have to feel sorry for Cherie Blair, dont' you![lol]

AfternoonDelight
24-Jun-08, 11:54
She was never the bonniest, but she's really let herself go!!! [lol]

porshiepoo
24-Jun-08, 18:15
[lol] We used to get them in Boston town where I used to live, only she was selling 'Lucky Heather'. :eek: When I told her No she said I'd be cursed for the rest of my life - charming!
They may look rather dodgy and smell something awful, but you wait till you see what they live in! Odds are it's the poshest caravan you've ever seen, fully equipped with all mod cons and satellite.