PDA

View Full Version : unhappy

funky-dunky
03-Dec-05, 19:40
Is it usual for a teenager to not get exsited for x-mas anymore?
Doe it feel like it's x-mas at all to anyone.:(

moose and Lindsay
04-Dec-05, 00:05
I have been saying for days now it doesn't feel like christmas, but today Thurso lights went on and they are great and it really makes it feel like christmas

Well done to thurso council, even the tree looks great this year!!

Can't wait for the snow now, that would be brilliant!!

Lindsay

lizzie
04-Dec-05, 00:17
All the excitement of christmas has gone because you know santa is not real, it feels the same when you discover it's not the fairies that take your tooth from under the pillow.

brandy
04-Dec-05, 00:19
oh we are so excited but we do have little ones! have the tree up and everything and is a daily struggle to keep the bottom half decorated!
but just cant wait to chrissie!
try putting on some christmas music wathc frostie and rudolph and see if you can get yourself in the christmas spirit.. you just have to belive and be cheerful .. and be in the giving spirit! merry christmas hun!!!!!

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 02:53
oh we are so excited but we do have little ones! have the tree up and everything and is a daily struggle to keep the bottom half decorated!
try putting on some christmas music wathc frostie and rudolph and see if you can get yourself in the christmas spirit.. you just have to belive and be cheerful .. and be in the giving spirit! merry christmas hun!!!!!

What a depressing thought :D

marion
04-Dec-05, 03:13
My happiness for Christmas faded when our children left the nest. However, it returned when the grandchildren came along. We have great family time together with children and grandchildren. By putting "Christ" back into Christmas and attending church services with family, I truly find happiness at Christ-mas time.

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:17
My happiness for Christmas faded when our children left the nest. However, it returned when the grandchildren came along. We have great family time together with children and grandchildren. By putting "Christ" back into Christmas and attending church services with family, I truly find happiness at Christ-mas time.

You don't feel it is just commercial mass-marketed trash then?

marion
04-Dec-05, 03:21

Yes, I did until I enjoyed time with family and remembering the true spirit of Christmas. I just don't pay attention to the commerial mass-marketed trash.

crayola
04-Dec-05, 03:22
Maybe.

But the Christians hijacked it first (http://paganwiccan.about.com/cs/aboutyule/a/paganxmas.htm). Lookie here (http://www.candledark.net/silver/yule.html) too.

A Happy Yuletide til ye all. :)

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:28
Yes, I did until I enjoyed time with family and remembering the true spirit of Christmas. I just don't pay attention to the commerial mass-marketed trash.

Can you explain the *true* spirit of Christ-mass?

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:32
Maybe.

But the Christians hijacked it first (http://paganwiccan.about.com/cs/aboutyule/a/paganxmas.htm). Lookie here (http://www.candledark.net/silver/yule.html) too.

:):) They have to be the poorest presentations of websites ever imagined :)

crayola
04-Dec-05, 03:35
Can you explain the *true* spirit of Christ-mass?I think it may be Old Pulteney. Or Old Nick. Or maybe just old-fashioned.

Oh yeah, and those website "designs" are awful, they're a dreadful example of content over style. Well, the second one anyway. A bit like yours really. ;)

marion
04-Dec-05, 03:36
Can you explain the *true* spirit of Christ-mass?

It's the remembrance of my youth so long ago when my mother read me stories of the first Christmas plus the times when I passed that on to my own children. And now I have the opportunity to spend memorable moments with my grandchildren. At 80 years of age I try to look for the good positive things in my life. It can be a joy. Perhaps you never experienced those moments.

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:39
I think it may be Old Pulteney. Or Old Nick. Or maybe just old-fashioned.

Oh yeah, and those website "designs" are awful, they're a dreadful example of content over style. Well, the second one anyway. A bit like yours really. ;)

Haha :) I have to bow to your talent there :eek:

crayola
04-Dec-05, 03:39
Good on yer marion. Dinna let ScroogeTiger put ye doon. Ol stripey is a good guy really. Christmas is a great time, even if it should be called Yuletide. :p

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:42
It's the remembrance of my youth so long ago when my mother read me stories of the first Christmas plus the times when I passed that on to my own children. And now I have the opportunity to spend memorable moments with my grandchildren. At 80 years of age I try to look for the good positive things in my life. It can be a joy. Perhaps you never experienced those moments.

Not in my life time, but I will back off :)

Tiss the way of the world, I guess?

marion
04-Dec-05, 03:43
Good on yer marion. Dinna let ScroogeTiger put ye doon. Ol stripey is a good guy really. Christmas is a great time, even if it should be called Yuletide. :p

Thank you, but no one ever told me that I should use the term "Yuletide."
I guess I'm still living in the past enjoying my younger years.

abalone
04-Dec-05, 03:50
Maybe.

Thanks for the web site Crayola.Very interesting.

SandTiger
04-Dec-05, 03:54

Ol' Stripey has a nice ring to it but Scrooge Tigger is best :P

After all, I walked in to the Co-op at Thurso an' had to leave due to the staff being made to dress as santas. Is not the minimum wage degrading enuff?

angela5
04-Dec-05, 04:12
What do you mean about the minimum wage? are you impling that these santas were doing scab labour?

brandy
04-Dec-05, 08:16
peace on earth and good will to man

funky-dunky
04-Dec-05, 11:39
I have been saying for days now it doesn't feel like christmas, but today Thurso lights went on and they are great and it really makes it feel like christmas

Well done to thurso council, even the tree looks great this year!!

Can't wait for the snow now, that would be brilliant!!

Lindsay

Yeah i have seen Thurso lights i can say they are good but still duzna feel like christmas.
Maybe when christmas day comes then it would be better eh.

funky-dunky
04-Dec-05, 11:43

Yeah maybe but the only thing is i havent got chirstmas songs lol.
Even on christmas day i feel like it's not christmas, but in a way i know it is as we wake up and has all the presents to open.
Why does christmas not feel real even on christmas day though lol.
Maybe this year it might feel better has i know it might be the last year i spend with my family on christmas.As am moving away.

brandy
04-Dec-05, 12:13
everyone goes thru those stages hun
try not to let it get you too down
have you bought any thing yet?
it really is better to give than recive.. i love buying pressies or even making them.. just cause i know that it will make someone else feel better. *huge hugs* hope you feel more into it soon! and dont worry if you dont its perfectly natural..

crayola
04-Dec-05, 15:08
Thank you, but no one ever told me that I should use the term "Yuletide."
I guess I'm still living in the past enjoying my younger years.
No, not at all. Yuletide is the original midwinter festival, it predates the christian version of Christmas. You are the modern one. Go read those sites I posted links to on the first page.

Ol' Stripey has a nice ring to it but Scrooge Tigger is best :POk, you caught me on the bounce, so I've granted your wish.

Thanks for the web site Crayola.Very interesting.
Glad to be of service. Yer no such a bad ol' crustacean efter all.

funky-dunky
04-Dec-05, 15:08
everyone goes thru those stages hun
try not to let it get you too down
have you bought any thing yet?
it really is better to give than recive.. i love buying pressies or even making them.. just cause i know that it will make someone else feel better. *huge hugs* hope you feel more into it soon! and dont worry if you dont its perfectly natural..
yeah i have bought x-mas prezzie's i have got them all apart from 1.
Yeah i hope your right lol thanks.

smith2585
04-Dec-05, 23:41
christmas is getting worse and worse no one is getting excited lek they used to years ago