PDA

View Full Version : Summertime

Kevin Milkins
22-Jun-08, 16:15
Well we have started summer and I have just returned from a walk down at Reiss beech and it is very wet ,very windy, and very cold.
Whats the weather doing in the rest of Orgland?

trix
22-Jun-08, 16:32
hi kevin,

iv bin workin all day an 'e win' an rain hes bin rattlin off 'window...:(

some swell in 'e harbour too....

jamy nite enite :D

dogman
22-Jun-08, 16:33
it is very wet ,very windy, and very cold here in wick

badger
22-Jun-08, 16:34
Thanks Kevin - saw your Title and immediately burst into song (Porgy and Bess), which is not something you want to hear, at least not from me, even on a day like this. Very brave of you to walk on the beach, although if suitably dressed I rather like wet and windy.

Horrible here in mid-county. Been to Tesco and car park there was full. Hope the pipers are surviving at John O'Groats, poor things.

cazmanian_minx
22-Jun-08, 16:35
it is very wet ,very windy, and very cold here in wick

The same over here in Armadale. Skimeister, the cat and I are curled up on the sofa, in front of the fire, watching James Bond :)

joxville
22-Jun-08, 16:37
Down here in the Southern State of Orgenglandshire it is very windy but still very warm-in fact, I've been outside for last couple of hours sunbathing. Bliss:cool:

trix
22-Jun-08, 16:42
I've been outside for last couple of hours sunbathing. Bliss:cool:

aw, rub'ed in how do ye no....[evil]

Mik.M.
22-Jun-08, 16:47
Just driven back from Keiss,it`s supposed to be "Flaming June". It`s flaming cold,flaming wet and flaming windy! Bring on Autumn if this is summer.

horseman
22-Jun-08, 16:49
Reiss beech, was one of my wife's memorable impressions of the n-o-s'
I had been boosting it up no end! An when we got there with 4 youngsters in late july-yep, top coats on- an a howling gale!
I lovedit -but o h thought diff!:)

joxville
22-Jun-08, 16:57
aw, rub'ed in how do ye no....[evil] Actually I did have to rub it in, the lotion, that is-I'm here alone. I was thinking of asking Mrs Kendrick next door for a wee hand but Mr Kendrick may not have been too happy.

Kevin Milkins
22-Jun-08, 16:59
Reiss beech, was one of my wife's memorable impressions of the n-o-s'
I had been boosting it up no end! An when we got there with 4 youngsters in late july-yep, top coats on- an a howling gale!
I lovedit -but o h thought diff!:)

I had some freinds come to stay last summer and like you had been telling them what a wonderfull place Reiss beech is.
On the day we ventured down was a day similer to today.
I think I have a photo of freinds with blue faces and snot hanging off there nose:(

Andrew C
22-Jun-08, 18:46
We took a few kids to Dunnet beach yesterday....had to retreat to the forest for shelter eventually. You can imagine my response when we drove back into Wick at 3pm and it appears that it had been pretty pleasant all day! :o) Still, the kids didn't seem to mind and had a great time!

balto
22-Jun-08, 19:13
well think we all must have fallen asleep and missed summer as it has been like a day in october today, lets just hope it improves before the schools break up on friday.

trix
22-Jun-08, 20:48
is 'at no what usually happens....?

school's oot an' it starts til get cowlder :roll:

last year spring wis lovely an then it all sorto went....chest over bum!

ye widna believe we had beautiful sunshine for aboot 5 weeks runnin....:(