PDA

View Full Version : Nowhere is safe

Anonymous
19-Jun-03, 09:23
You have not been safe anywhere for the last couple of weeks. Everywhere you were bombarded by the same thing.....where will David Beckham be playing football next season. Now it appears that he will be plying his trade for Real Madrid, and we have had detials of how this will effect matters from football to fashion, from the financial markets to the fashion markets, now we need to know, how will his move effect Caithness?

By the way is there a Caithness equivalent to Posh n Becks :eyes

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 09:50
Lol [lol] Not sure how it will affect Caithness, but its affecting my bank balance. I just recently bought the Manchester United away kit for my son and the top for my daughter, both with number 7 and Beckham on the back [disgust] I found my son's in his bin yesterday, I started to give him a row but like he said, he CANT wear it now :eyes

mike.mckenzie
19-Jun-03, 10:28
Oh no! Get him a classic Liverpool top with 7 on the back and tell him all about King Kenny!

Failing that, a Liverpool kit with 10 and Owen , or 17 and Gerrard on the back would be a far better bet!

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 10:53
LIVERPOOL???? You've got to be kidding, he'd use it to wipe his butt [lol] [lol] [lol]

Mr P Cannop
19-Jun-03, 10:59
yuck

Anonymous
19-Jun-03, 14:56
Why don't you all buy Manchester City shirts. The home shirt may be quite cheap now the sponsor, First Advice, has gone bang and may become a collectors items. Also you have the benefit of winding Reds and Scousers up! See you in Europe boys.
Paddy
Ps don't you just love sky blue.

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 15:24
Why don't you all buy Manchester City shirts. The home shirt may be quite cheap now the sponsor, First Advice, has gone bang and may become a collectors items.

I hear they're cheap all right, down to two quid but still nobody wants them. They can't even give them away [lol]

Wounded Soldier
19-Jun-03, 17:52
LIVERPOOL???? You've got to be kidding, he'd use it to wipe his butt [lol] [lol] [lol]

hehehehe, nice one.

You should take the strip out the bin and sell it on ebay with a fake signature on it, lol

may make a mint............. ;)

Mr Sensitive
19-Jun-03, 18:47
Nicky is well capable of wiping his own.

And if you were keen, you'd maybe make a fortune, not just a mint.

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 18:50
I wondered who would say it :roll:

Mr Sensitive
19-Jun-03, 18:54
Ach, it was a setup!

I know who Caithness's answer to Posh'n'Becks is, but Eve'n'Vanman will kill me if I tell you, so I wont.

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 18:57
[lol] [lol] [lol] [lol] I'm ROFLMAO @ that. I take it you don't know either of us then [lol]

Mr Sensitive
19-Jun-03, 19:15
Maybe I do. Maybe I dont. Does vanman play for the academy?

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 19:17
Nope. He canna play to save his life and worse than that he's a Hearts supporter [lol]

Mr Sensitive
19-Jun-03, 19:25
There is a rumor that Posh'n'Becks are seeking a pied a terre in Caithness. Posh drinks her tea in a bowl. Becks has offered to play for Acks when he finds he canna get as many Real starts as Macca.

FairyFi
19-Jun-03, 19:44
Call me insane here but...

Im i the only person in (possibly) the world who really doesnt care that David Beckham is leaving Manchester United??!!
i mean isnt £24.5 million just a little extreme for a guy who has the brain capacity of a chicken?

Think of all the starving children you could save with £24.5 million! Its all gone CRAZY!!

>:(

Eve M
19-Jun-03, 20:06
Your obviously not a Football fan. I and many others care that's he's leaving Manchester United. They are the only team he has ever wanted to play for. It seems he is a victim of his own success, on and off the pitch.
Who's to say he has the brain of a chicken? You don't know him! He's worked damn hard to get where he is today.

As for the money saving starving children etc, well the same could be said about many things, The Scottish Parliament, the Millenium Dome etc etc etc

FairyFi
19-Jun-03, 20:10
was written in one of the cheesy papers the other day, found it hilarious!!
Jealousy is an understatement! lol if i had all that money i would buy a football team. U dont need a brain of any size for that do u!? :p

Edna
19-Jun-03, 21:06
was written in one of the cheesy papers the other day, found it hilarious!!
Jealousy is an understatement! lol if i had all that money i would buy a football team. U dont need a brain of any size for that do u!? :p

Has anyone bought the new rangers kit yet, I was reading in the paper that the shirts were falling to bits. They should be selling them as dusters !!!!

2little2late
19-Jun-03, 21:29
i mean isnt £24.5 million just a little extreme for a guy who has the brain capacity of a chicken?

>:(

I totally agree. No football player in the world is worth this amount of money. Beckham also took a pay cut to join Real. He is only on £90,000 per week now. Such a shame.
How can anybody justify £24.5 million for a football player? It's not as if he is a world class player. How often is he seen dribbling the ball past three or four players and then scoring a goal? Kenny Dalglish, Archie Gemmil are only two players off the top of my head who were world class players. But the most gifted of all has to be George Best.

How would Beckham have faired against these players, or if he had played alongside these players would he be rated world class? I doubt it very much. Professional football is no longer a sport. It is a business. Players used to play more for pride. Why are they all money orientated?

Anonymous
20-Jun-03, 08:51
:lol: I am sure you will appreciate the fare provided by St Johnstone Deacon. [lol]

squidge
20-Jun-03, 13:15

It's not as if he is a world class player. How often is he seen dribbling the ball past three or four players and then scoring a goal? Kenny Dalglish, Archie Gemmil are only two players off the top of my head who were world class players. But the most gifted of all has to be George Best.

How would Beckham have faired against these players, or if he had played alongside these players would he be rated world class?

I think the game of football is different now than it was in George Best's day and i am sure there are older and wiser football fans posting here who could tell you that. However i do think that to suggest Beckham isnt a world class player is a little silly. Beckam is quite possible the best player playing club football in England since George Best . The trouble with arguing this point is that it is purely opinion and therefore a whole load of rubbish spouted by someone who knows very little about football [lol]

The price of Beckham is to be frank obscene - however it is the price the clubs are prepared to pay to secure his services. To suggest that this man has the brain of a chicken is also unfair i think. To have driven his career and secured the deals and the recognition that he has suggests that he has a good grasp of what is going on and a fair handle on his business affairs. This is not a stupid man folks by anyone's reckoning despite the fact that he may not have a truckful of qualifications.

I think it was his Dad who said that all he ever wanted to do since he was a wee boy was play football and he certainly plays football!!! I think that he has risen to the top of his profession has taken hard work and dedication as well as talent - back to George Best folks - he had the talent but the rest was missing and look what happened.

I shall be sorry to see Beckham go I love to look at him he is gorgeous. Give him David Ginolas voice and you would have the perfect man. *****Dreamy Sighs*****

Eve M
20-Jun-03, 13:34
Nah, that aint the perfect man ;)

Mr Sensitive
20-Jun-03, 13:55
Yes, Vanman is the perfect van, err I mean perfect man.

Beckham the best in England since Best? Nah.. Of today's players, Thierry is better than Beckham. Maybe Owen too? And Van Nistelrooy? Perhaps also the Keane of a few years ago. And Beckham don't have no va va voom. I go for Thierry. He can play the Owen/Van Nistelrooy and Beckham roles at the same time in the same game. Oh, and I forgot Vieira. How could I forget Vieira?

And Roberto Carlos ran him ragged in the first Real game, although Beckham got partial revenge with his brace in the second.

Scots?

King Kenny! Or Bremner? Or even Souness?

And Vipond can talk a good game. Whoops, that topic is banned.

mike.mckenzie
20-Jun-03, 15:11
Beckham is far too hyped and wildly overrated, but thats the way with most of the English squad. They are a bad team, England, and they don't seem to be able to accept their consistent failure.

Anyway, England managed to muddle trhough ok without Beckham the other night, with St Michael of Liverpool doing a cracking job as saviour for them.

The world does not revolve around Mr Beckham, and Man United won't miss him one bit. Sir Alex is a god who knows exactly what he is doing, mass culls of players at Man Untd are commonplace, he's axed big stars before like Ince, Stam, Kanchelskis, Hughes...and what happened afterwards? Unfortunately more success.

Goodbye Posh n Becks, never darken my newspaper again!

vanman
20-Jun-03, 22:01
never mind zidane will be happy now that he has got someone like bekham to tie his boots now. [lol] [lol] [lol]

Eve M
21-Jun-03, 09:37
Yes, Vanman is the perfect van, err I mean perfect man.

Vanman the perfect man [lol] [lol] [lol]

Van the Man maybe but Vanman???? Gaaawd stop it your killing me [lol] [lol] [lol]

Mr Sensitive
21-Jun-03, 15:55
Eve, do not mock the vanman!

As the man says there is a hierarchy at Real.

David Beckham will clean the boots of Zinedine Zidane.

And Zinedine Zidane will clean the boots of Vinedine Vanman.

Just you wait and see............................................... ..................