PDA

View Full Version : Ghost's

Chillie
03-Dec-05, 05:26
Ok......Since we've had all this talk about Nessie,i've been thinking about ghostly experience's.

Have you had any encounter's / experience's with ghost's, guol's or things that go bump in the night??

Do you believe??

boxer
03-Dec-05, 15:36
there is no such thing it all in your heads

Sandra_B
03-Dec-05, 19:02
Some years ago I lived in Sardinia. Very often the TV reception would go out and we'd be left looking at a blue screen. One night the reception went and in the blue screen I could see my reflection...and that of an old man walking across the room behind me. As we were 3 floors up there was no way it could have been something from outside.:eek:

jonathonross
03-Dec-05, 20:15
Some years ago I lived in Sardinia. Very often the TV reception would go out and we'd be left looking at a blue screen. One night the reception went and in the blue screen I could see my reflection...and that of an old man walking across the room behind me. As we were 3 floors up there was no way it could have been something from outside.:eek:i had a similar experience to yours,except a short time after i discovered my wallet was gone.

RandomHero
03-Dec-05, 21:57
i wouldn't say that ghosts are all in our head at all. there are many different theories, many are very far fetched. but people who shoot down the idea of ghosts straight away have a very scientific brain. and by that i mean scientists won't allow themselves to believe that there may be something that their brain doesn't understand. that something doesn't have to have a meaning or possibility. they are afraid to not have an explanation for everything. take the beggining of the world. they believe God couldn't of created the world. there always has to be an explanation. but some thing i believe can't be explained with science.

I was chatting to my friend and he believes that after life there is nothing. but i ask you if there is absolutly nothing on the other side then what is the point of living. Knowing that you are going to die and that'll be it. I want to get from life as much as i possibly can and believe that there will be something waiting for me on the other side. perhaps ghosts are a glimpse into the other side or lost spirits. if i had a friend/relative who died and i saw a ghost of them i would be comforted, not scared.

or perhaps there are an unlimited amount of parrallel universes and when we see ghosts it is us glimpsing into one of the many parralel univereses. who knows? unlike a scientist or wotever, i am happy not knowing. i am quite content not to understand and have an explanation for every little thing.

zappster
03-Dec-05, 22:42
About a year & a bit ago me the wife & ma 2 kids went to stay in Inverness for the night at the travel lodge at Inches ,Inverness(we want to stay where brewster bear is,was the order from ma kids!)
anyway ... we had our meal & the kids had a good crack & soon it was bedtime.(We'd only had a couple of drinks over the course of the evening .)
Anyway the setup in the room was me/wife in the double bed, the wee man on the sofa bed beneath the window ,the wee ain on the matress at the end of our bed.
The bairns went to sleep fairly quickly & the wee fella was very restless ,speakin in his sleep etc.
We all eventually dosed off untill around 4am the wee fella was speakin very loudly .
I woke up & looked over(past) ma wife to see if he was ok & I saw the sillhouette of what I thought was him(but very tall standing up & looking around).(incidentaly..The room had a light coloured wall colouring & dark curtains with the orange glow of the streetlight comin in the sides of the curtains & the window was closed!)having watched what i thought was the bairn standing up from a crouching position & looking around I sat up in bed & whispered the bairns name(thinkin he was needing the toilet). The figure instantly turned moved towards the dark of the curtain & disappeared . I sat up to see the wee man underneath the covers fast asleep as was the rest of the family.
When I realised what I had seen i caked masell & stuck ma heed under the covers & to this day I still get shivers doon ma spine thinkin o ed!!

brandy
04-Dec-05, 00:17
*laughs* my whole life count?
spirits like my family *grins* no big deal..
all very benevolent souls..
just loved ones popping in now and again!
my little ones talk to em all the time.. freaky when you can feel some one in a room with you .. but not see anyone then your 2 year old then proceeds to have a convo with them!
however my best friend was freaked out!
she is a confirmed sceptic but got scared witless while watching the house for us! the doors kept opening and shutting on her.. *sighs* i warned her but she flatly refused to belive so they decided to play *laughs*
nope not completly mad..*yet* but when you grow up with ghosties no big deal! however my poor cousin that had the little girl materialise in front of her in my aunts house was none to pleased!

Chillie
04-Dec-05, 02:45
I read somewhwere that sometimes you can will a spirit to stay around you especially if there are kids about, like poltergeist(no not the film)the spirit feels at ease with kids i.e do no harm to it.
Brandy : if this is true what you say, you should let it go as it will have an influnce in your kids mind later in future,even enough to make them go over the top. If true these are powerful things not to scorned at.

brandy
04-Dec-05, 08:25
dumbo..
never worried about it.. the spirits around my family are just that family..
they are not "always" here
just pop in every now and again for a visit..
just always been that way.. my granny God bless her.. was born in 1911.. when she was young.. the bolts on the door would slide back and forth and latch and unlatch..
never really had much poltergeist experiance..
just the odd time or two.. not counting doors..
but baby had a musical toy and the only way to make the music play was to turn a crank..
was talking about ghosties one day and it came on..
asked if they were anyone in the room played again..
and then asked it again to play once more.. and it did..
so was pretty cool.
but not very concerned.. usually once the kids are about 5.. they stop " seeing" anything.. and take it in their stride.. they are still members of my family who refuse to belive even though theve seen ghosts!
my aunt in particular! *grins*