PDA

View Full Version : Projectile Poo

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-08, 12:03
I am not sure how many people on the general forum have been following the Loch Gartens Ospreys live web cam ?
Something that has amazed and ammused me is the way the chicks reverse themselves to the edge of the nest and do a projectile poo over the edge.
Unfortunatly, one has had a bullseye shot this morning and splattered the lens of the camera.:(
So no more veiwing for a couple of weeks untill the wardens put rings on the chicks and clean the lens.:confused

ciderally
21-Jun-08, 12:25
och well when they come back online they will be well grown....hope they stay safe

Cattach
21-Jun-08, 12:30
I am not sure how many people on the general forum have been following the Loch Gartens Ospreys live web cam ?
Something that has amazed and ammused me is the way the chicks reverse themselves to the edge of the nest and do a projectile poo over the edge.
Unfortunatly, one has had a bullseye shot this morning and splattered the lens of the camera.:(
So no more veiwing for a couple of weeks untill the wardens put rings on the chicks and clean the lens.:confused

Pity our dogs could not do that into the river then we might have less poo on our streets. Or maybe better still if the dogs could get their owners between the eyes maybe they would be more inclined to make sut=re their pets are a envirnment consciuos as the ospreys.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-08, 12:44
Pity our dogs could not do that into the river then we might have less poo on our streets. Or maybe better still if the dogs could get their owners between the eyes maybe they would be more inclined to make sut=re their pets are a envirnment consciuos as the ospreys.

If you are planning a day in the country for a nice picnic any time soon,
my advice would be "if you spread your blanket on ground beneath a large tree for shade, have a look up to make sure there is no Ospreys nesting at the top".lol

Cattach
21-Jun-08, 14:15
If you are planning a day in the country for a nice picnic any time soon,
my advice would be "if you spread your blanket on ground beneath a large tree for shade, have a look up to make sure there is no Ospreys nesting at the top".lol

Trees, picnic, weather, caithness, Ospreys - where do you live, what world are you in. More likely to be sprayed by a dog in Thurso than see a half decent tree or an osprey.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-08, 15:21
Trees, picnic, weather, caithness, Ospreys - where do you live, what world are you in. More likely to be sprayed by a dog in Thurso than see a half decent tree or an osprey.

Hi Cattach
I also live in Caithness ,however if you read the start of my thread it said,
"If you are planning a day in the country any time soon".
A good idea that might even lighten your mood a little perhaps.;)

fingalmacool
21-Jun-08, 15:36

There is osprys in caithness, you just have to know where to look.;)

nightowl
21-Jun-08, 19:05
I've been totally beguiled by the osprey family. Our only salvation now will be a small soaking shower of rain aimed at the lens - only time I've prayed for it this year! Hope the bird people are working on a "poo proof" webcam for next year. Fingers crossed for baby osprey's survival.

Kevin Milkins
21-Jun-08, 22:13
Did a warden sneak up the tree with a wet wipe when no one was looking or did the rain wash the lens ?lol