PDA

View Full Version : question about the blackstairs?

K dragon
20-Jun-08, 17:29
what is it like,

you know size, atmosphere, style of bar etc etc.

i dont go through to wick very often and i read a lot about it on the org.

just curious.

Chobbersjnr
20-Jun-08, 17:35
Quite a small bar, can hold maybe 70 people comfortably (although I swear I've seen more in it). Not the largest space to set up in but it works for 3-4 piece bands. Crack is generally pretty good & the people are friendly:D

& of course Kirsty's alright & all

day old blues
20-Jun-08, 18:16
blackstairs is nice little bar with a good atmosphere
good for bands if the right crowd goes when a good bands playing it's a great night.

moncur
20-Jun-08, 20:50
aye, good bar to play in. good banter wi crowd. think the fact its a small bar is a good thing, makes gigs seem more intimate.

canuck
20-Jun-08, 21:07
I found it to be a pleasant place.

golach
20-Jun-08, 21:14
I found it to be a pleasant place.
A good place to get foot loose Canuck ? [lol]

canuck
20-Jun-08, 21:28
No, my visit to the Blackstairs was for a pleasant chat with MadPict's sister and brother-in-law. It was four years ago, long before the foot incident, although the recent bone breaker was a black stone stair, but here in Edinburgh, not in Wick.

zebedy
21-Jun-08, 17:44
Yeah not bad place to play.

Although when packing up from gig make sure you have a member of you band watching your equipment From where it was set up all the way into your van.

Chobbers can back me up on that note

K dragon
21-Jun-08, 18:06
i remember hearing about that, someone ran off with a snare or something similar yes?

Chobbersjnr
21-Jun-08, 20:23
a tomtom aye & it was ceremoniously thrown into a powerplant type setup.....no respect. Of all the gigs I've ever played & the so called unsafe city streets etc etc I've never lost a thing & although we got it back it's only happened in Caithness

however that is no fault of the blackstairs at all although it does make one vidulant to say the least.