PDA

View Full Version : Compact Camcorder

sadam
20-Jun-08, 16:39
I have been given this camcorder but it doesnt have a battery charger with it as it got broken, when I look on the web for one I find it will cost about £100, now I dont want to put that kind of money out on it until I'm sure it is working. Does anyone have this model or a battery charger I can borrow to try and see if I can use the camcorder.

bobbyrussell09
20-Jun-08, 16:51
have u tried ebay.i broke a phone charger an just went on there.only cost me 9 pounds in total

sadam
21-Jun-08, 12:46
had a look on er but there didnt seem to be anything.

brokencross
22-Jun-08, 08:41
I have been given this camcorder but it doesnt have a battery charger with it as it got broken, when I look on the web for one I find it will cost about £100, now I dont want to put that kind of money out on it until I'm sure it is working. Does anyone have this model or a battery charger I can borrow to try and see if I can use the camcorder.
If you could be more specific about the make, model, model number etc of the compact camcorder you may get a better response. Or go into a local shop and see if they can charge the battery for you. (Just an idea)

sadam
22-Jun-08, 11:21
There isnt much more to say about it, its a Compact VHS Camcorder,there's initials JVC on the booklet and numbers GR-AX480 AND GR-AX280. I cant get the side to get a look at the cassettedoor open at the side and this is why I think its out of power. Maybe not maybe its needing repaired, it was lying around for some time not used. I was wondering if there was anyone out there with or had one similiar who could advise on it.

Mik.M.
22-Jun-08, 11:32
Try Camcorder batteries and chargers on E-Bay. I found them no problem,just don`t know how to do the link.

emb123
22-Jun-08, 11:33
If the broken charger is still available it can be used.

All battery chargers need to do at a basic level is provide a low level of current of roughly the right voltage connected the right way round (polarity).

The physical charger is little more than a plastic thing with contacts in the right place and a transformer inside it.

You could use a mains transformer which has a similar voltage and low current rating to do the same job, but getting the contacts to stay in place whilst charging is the tricky part. At a push you could use sellotape but it is far from ideal.

Sure there are chargers that 'condition' the battery (which fully discharge it prior to recharging it ) but at this stage in the game this would be a luxury you don't need.

Tony
23-Jun-08, 23:53
If you check your instruction book it will provide the model number of the charger/adapter. If it is AA-V15EG. See below:

http://www.global-stores.co.uk/model.php/26129+7+aa-v15eg+battery-chargers?gclid=CLPB4OXTi5QCFQuH1QodeXEbXQ

Julia
24-Jun-08, 10:03
The battery and charger for that model JVC GR-AX280 seems to be universal, I'm sure my older camcorder is a JVC so your battery will probably fit my charger. I've found replacement chargers online for £9.99, what is the model of battery, is should start BN-?

sadam
24-Jun-08, 12:08
thanks for that I shall check it out