PDA

View Full Version : your most memorable moments!

porshiepoo
02-Dec-05, 17:27
Well, we've had every other concievable topic along these lines so why not this one!

My most memorable moment was when I was about 6 ( I think) and I got third place in a competition at school. The competition was based on writing an essay entitled 'What can I do for England', and I prattled on about doing something or other for the queen so we wouldn't have to have wars and also helping old people over the roads.
I won £3 for that and I had to go to a place in nottingham (can't remember the name) and recieve my 3 one pound notes from the lord mayor of Nottingham. I was really chuffed!
I even remember what I spent the money on. I bought a pair of rollerskates for a pound - the old metal type that used to adjust to fit, and the rest on sweets. Then I hid the sweets next to a water tank over the road cos I thought I'd get told off from my parents.

paris
02-Dec-05, 18:00
Finding out i had 9 brothers and sisters, me being the 10th. i had been adopted in 1965 to a childless couple,and had a wonderful life growing up.
When i was told i just thought oh well "she" didnt want me but these people really wanted me as they had picked me out of lots of other kids, so i felt special. BUT.... my most memorable moment was finding out i had lots of brothers and sisters ! That i will never forget.

angela5
02-Dec-05, 23:49
mine would have to be stumbling across caithness.org forums.

daviddd
03-Dec-05, 00:04
I met President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia in 1978 when I was working at a copper mine in Zambia,

and won 2 tickets in a TV times competition for the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium in 1966 plus 1st class rail tickets and a free posh dinner / hotel

My proudest moment though was being awarded 1st prize in my uni course in 1987 from a class of 25, I really worked my butt off to get that!

I also built my own house over 3 years doing all the work myself...

Sincere apologies for this boasting, but I need to remember these things sometimes when things don't seem to be going that well (like recently!) - feel free to yawn.........

Fran
03-Dec-05, 02:29
Porshiepoo.......i would have thought your most memorable moment was when you struggled to open your Fray Bentos tinned pie!!!!

angela5
03-Dec-05, 02:31
Not another fray bentos disaster,

porshiepoo
03-Dec-05, 10:02
Porshiepoo.......i would have thought your most memorable moment was when you struggled to open your Fray Bentos tinned pie!!!!

You need to go back and check that cos it wasn't me. I hate fray Bentos. lol

Fran
04-Dec-05, 02:01
sorry....my mistake, it was chillie that had the problem with the tinned pie!!!!!

marion
04-Dec-05, 03:28
I met President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia in 1978 when I was working at a copper mine in Zambia,

and won 2 tickets in a TV times competition for the Royal Variety Performance at the London Palladium in 1966 plus 1st class rail tickets and a free posh dinner / hotel

My proudest moment though was being awarded 1st prize in my uni course in 1987 from a class of 25, I really worked my butt off to get that!

I also built my own house over 3 years doing all the work myself...

Sincere apologies for this boasting, but I need to remember these things sometimes when things don't seem to be going that well (like recently!) - feel free to yawn.........

You have a right to boast. It's not everyone who can make that claim of building their own house.

angela5
04-Dec-05, 03:50
good on you davidd you have a right to boast.

fed-ex
04-Dec-05, 14:58
I agree David, thats brilliant. Any boyfriend i've ever had can't even boil an egg.... you've every right to be proud!

mr bean
05-Dec-05, 00:08
You have a right to boast. It's not everyone who can make that claim of building their own house.
But is it still standing .

Sporran
07-Dec-05, 02:30
Some of my most memorable moments were when I held my babies right after they were born. :) Nothing compares to those magical moments, when you gaze down at that wee miracle of life for the very first time...

Chillie
07-Dec-05, 04:04
Getting my first trike when i was 3/4 years old, my mam bought it for me and it wis in e car for me when i got out of play school, it was red with blue mud gaurds and had white blow up tyres. Mam bought it from the shop in river street doon from bin ends, any one remember the name.

pops
07-Dec-05, 13:15
my most memorable moment was winning a gold medal at a competition in inverness! was the first time i ever competed at a competition(and the last! lol) as i didnt usually compete bt did this once!!

porshiepoo
07-Dec-05, 14:37
my most memorable moment was winning a gold medal at a competition in inverness! was the first time i ever competed at a competition(and the last! lol) as i didnt usually compete bt did this once!!

Congratulations!

By the way what was the competition???