PDA

View Full Version : Plant, shrub or flower called Connie

cuddlepop
19-Jun-08, 13:28
Our beloved pet connie is buried in our back garden and I would like to plant a shrub/bush or flower in her memory.
With the name Connie being quiet popular I was wondering if any of you experts know of a plant etc called Connie.

Thanks

highbury
19-Jun-08, 13:41
maybe this link will help
http://www.rhs.org.uk/RHSPlantFinder/PFGenera.asp

Tilter
19-Jun-08, 13:44
Cuddlepop,
I'm very sorry about your pet.

I've just looked in my plant dictionary. There is:

CONANDRON (never heard of it but it's alpine and hardy)
CONIFERS (millions of them)
CONOPHYTUM (frost-tender, slow-growing perennial succulent)
CONSOLIDA (Larkspur - very easy perennial)
CONVALLARIA (Lily of the Valley)
CONVULVUS (all sorts for all areas)

Maybe they could all be called Connie for short. My own choice would be lily of the valley.

Anne x
19-Jun-08, 13:50
So sorry Cuddlepop ,I was going to suggest Lily of the Valley as well as they look so peaceful and delicate and easy to grow or some London Pride my friend planted Snow in Summer for her pet you will find something you like and it will be your choice let us know what you decide
Anne

gardeninginagale
19-Jun-08, 17:24
Sorry to hear about Connie. I cannot think of any plant actually called Connie (though I hope someone proves me wrong), but there is a lovely pink shrub rose called Constance Spry. It is bred by (and should be available from) David Austin Roses. www.davidaustinroses.com (http://www.davidaustinroses.com)

cuddlepop
19-Jun-08, 17:59
So sorry Cuddlepop ,I was going to suggest Lily of the Valley as well as they look so peaceful and delicate and easy to grow or some London Pride my friend planted Snow in Summer for her pet you will find something you like and it will be your choice let us know what you decide
Anne

where she is there is Snow in Summer already growing.If i cant find a plant called Connie maybe i'll just remove the rocks and let the Summer and Snow grow over the whole patch.
As you know it grows really well and does look beautiful.

Thanks for all the suggestions and link.:)