PDA

View Full Version : this happened to you

jim shoe
18-Jun-08, 21:12
Tonight at about 6.45 a thunderous knock came to our door.

we live beside the North school

Well a foreign student had a placard saying he was very poor his mum and dad in poland was also very poor

could i give him money for his education.

off course i gave him something a flee in his ear

if you have elderly or infirn relatives please warn them about this

I am sure it was a scan he disappeared quick enough when i mentioned the police:roll:

COACHMAN
18-Jun-08, 21:16
There are about SIX of them at this all over the town.
A blue Merc Van is dropping them off and picking them up.
I chased them from my door also :mad:

SNOWDOG
18-Jun-08, 21:29
There was a Polish guy in Ackergill last night trying to sell pictures, he also had a card with a wee story written on it.

balto
18-Jun-08, 21:35
there was one in the spring park area of thurso, with a story written on a card, he had something in a plastic bag, not sure if it was painting or something, but i simply told him i wasnt interseted.

liz19
18-Jun-08, 21:53
my mum had one at her house selling pics the other night she's in the pennyland area and one came into my work asking for "donations" both had card saying how hard up they were - I understand they have little money but I work to try to get mine like most people?! [disgust]

jim shoe
18-Jun-08, 22:00
and we will be so much harder up if electricity and gas goes up the 40%

they were predicting on the news tonight[evil]

TRUCKER
18-Jun-08, 22:19
He Was In Argyle Square About 6.30pm.

dandod
18-Jun-08, 22:23
There was a Polish guy in Ackergill last night trying to sell pictures, he also had a card with a wee story written on it.

sound like the same guy that was at my door yesterday. i did not bother to read his card i just said i was not interested and shut the door.

bobbyrussell09
19-Jun-08, 00:51
give them monoply money,thick fools wont ken diff lol

hotrod4
19-Jun-08, 06:35
They seem pretty well organised if they are beside north school at 6.45 and Argyle square at 6.30.
I have read about this a few times in Caithness, its about time a stop was put to this. If they dont have a job etc, can they be in this country legally?
The majority of the poles up here are hard working and its the likes of these "spongers" that give immigration a bad name.All it does is create more resentment towards foreigners which is increasing all the time.
I was all for "live and let live" but with the way things are going my opinions are changing.
What makes it worse is the fact that immigrants working here get child benefit for their siblings still in their own country! Then they have the cheek to knock on your door and ask for more! Is it any wonder the country is going down the pan :(

BRIE
19-Jun-08, 08:40
they were at my door last night! gets me how they can afford to get over here if their so hard up & if they have to have a wee card too explain what their doing because they can't speak our language they shouldnt be here!![evil]

trix
22-Jun-08, 23:28
'ats a rether rash statement til make brie...:eek:

i hed one guy at ma door sellin pictures enite, 'e door bell woke me up as i wis dozin on 'e couch [evil]

i didna buy any but i nearly took him in for a cup o' tea.

i felt really sorry for him. it wis freezin ootside :(

do ye think 'ats 'e life he choose for himsel? trapsin roond little toons tryin til make a pound....i da think so.

at 'e end o' 'e day he wid probly gie his right airm for a nice family, warm hoose, steady income.

i think its prity devistatin actually....

JamesMcVean
23-Jun-08, 00:51
Did any of you actually phone the police and report them? My wife just told me that they were round thurso before crimbo last...must be knackered by now lol

ciderally
23-Jun-08, 08:20
bet they are making fortune...probably well organised gang...dont feel sorry for them as they have choices...

BRIE
23-Jun-08, 09:45
'ats a rether rash statement til make brie...:eek:

i hed one guy at ma door sellin pictures enite, 'e door bell woke me up as i wis dozin on 'e couch

i didna buy any but i nearly took him in for a cup o' tea.

i felt really sorry for him. it wis freezin ootside :(

do ye think 'ats 'e life he choose for himsel? trapsin roond little toons tryin til make a pound....i da think so.

at 'e end o' 'e day he wid probly gie his right airm for a nice family, warm hoose, steady income.

i think its prity devistatin actually....

no I dont think it was a rash statement & I certainly dont feel sorry for him! he's coming door to door illegally selling pictures that are fake!(my friend bought one so we got the rubber out suprise,suprise its a print!!) & cant even manage a polite hello or thank you!!
whats devastating about that?? I feel sorry for all the people hes conned & just for the record my partner saw him the following day driving a split new truck! wish i was so hard up!![evil]

KCI
23-Jun-08, 09:59
give them monoply money,thick fools wont ken diff lol

Sorry, but I think you are out of order. There's no need for a comment like that.
If you don't agree with what these people are doing, then report them, or politely say "No Thank You" if they come to your door.
You are personally attacking people you don't even know. They may not speak our language, but that does not make them "thick fools".

Kevin Milkins
23-Jun-08, 10:36
I am not sure if these are the same gang as they have not been to my house this time round.
I posted on the Org at the end of April and reported it to the police.
I am convinced the young man that called at my house was the same person that called at my previous house in Llanhilleth before I moved to Wick and thats 678 miles away.
Its the same patter that he is a polish art student and could he show me some of his drawings.
When you look at them you think they are impresive and must have taken ages to do.
The press in Abertillery at the time were warning the public that they were a well organised gang and the pencil drawing were fake prints.
The last time I saw then in Wick a gang of about 10 got out of a minibus in Henrietta street ,all with folders under there arms.
They would not have to make many sales to make it worth while.

freckles
23-Jun-08, 13:24
Yeah I had the Art student with the sob story round before Christams, but I had one this morning wanting me to cash a cheque for him?! - Was really wierd.

telfordstar
23-Jun-08, 14:18
Oh never your joking that is going a bit to far now fair enough selling their things but thats just a bit much. I always think of the poor old folk who like to do a good deed and would of happily cashed a cheque.

EDDIE
23-Jun-08, 17:33
Yeah I had the Art student with the sob story round before Christams, but I had one this morning wanting me to cash a cheque for him?! - Was really wierd.
The poor art student is probably across here to avoid national service i did not relise before that poland does national service and that a lot of young polish people come across here to work to avoid it

EDDIE
23-Jun-08, 17:37
Sorry, but I think you are out of order. There's no need for a comment like that.
If you don't agree with what these people are doing, then report them, or politely say "No Thank You" if they come to your door.
You are personally attacking people you don't even know. They may not speak our language, but that does not make them "thick fools".

you are right they are not thick far from it a lot of them speak and understand good english when its something they want to hear or say to you.But i do agree that it is the minority of them there is a lot of good polish people to