PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

loganbiffy
02-Dec-05, 00:41
So twenty five minutes till it launches in UK, any lucky people getting one?

angela5
02-Dec-05, 00:53
No mad rush to reply then anyone? maybe they are all in a queue somewhere waiting for their one.

loganbiffy
02-Dec-05, 00:58
No mad rush to reply then anyone? maybe they are all in a queue somewhere waiting for their one.

Lol could well be m8, oh how i wish i was in glasgow right now, in a freezing cold queue outside tesco haha.

well never mind im sure ill get one soon enough.

angela5
02-Dec-05, 01:04
Lol could well be m8, oh how i wish i was in glasgow right now, in a freezing cold queue outside tesco haha.

well never mind im sure ill get one soon enough.

me too!! next year when the price drops, and it won't be standing freezing in queue either.

loganbiffy
02-Dec-05, 01:07
me too!! next year when the price drops, and it won't be standing freezing in queue either.

you think price is to high? i thought it was very reasonable £279.99 for full pack

William
02-Dec-05, 01:24
I aint going to get one ever, i am going to wait for the ps3 :p

scorrie
02-Dec-05, 20:27
So twenty five minutes till it launches in UK, any lucky people getting one?

Ahh, the enthusiasm of the console buyers who cannot wait. Ching, ching goes the till and you pay a fortune for something that will be cheaper in a few months and free with two packets of cornflakes in the future. I have been following computer gaming since the days of the Sinclair Spectrum, when Manic Miner had nothing to do with Arthur Scargill, and the pattern is always the same. Programmers get a more powerful machine to design for and immediately set about enhancing graphics and do nothing to improve gameplay. It was amazing what could be done with 48K in the past. Now you throw Gigabytes at them and they lazily trot out the same stuff that was on the Sega Megadrive. Kids shell out £40 for a game and have it finished the same day. Pick up any console magazine, check through the back catalogue of games and you will note that most of the games are garbage. Playstation and XBox seem to have the bulk of the market but I have always felt that Nintendo have offered the best value for money, with the games having some sense of lifespan to them and rather less of the wandering around blowing the "puddin's" out of everything in sight and getting down with the "Hoes" in the hood. Sir Clive Sinclair would be turning in his gravy.

webmannie
02-Dec-05, 23:23
Was in Tesco @ Abingdon last night. They were queing up for the 360, started @ 7pm apparently, there was about 20 of them @ 10pm. One of the staff said to me 'there are going to be lot of disappointed people tonight'. another i spoke to wouldn't let on how many they had to sell, when i said 5 he said 'not far off'